Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Sep 21, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Fortunately I’ve filled two large barrels with petrol in my garage so I have enough to keep me going for a while.

mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just off to panic buy a frozen turkey via a bad tempered queue at the petrol station.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggertastic
Imagineer

I topped up this morning as I have a long away match to drive to this weekend. 250 ish miles each way. So hope some fuel down south to get me home as my tank will do about 400 miles 😕 (well more if I ever let it get to the red which I do t like on a long drive)
tiggertastic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
bonnies mum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
Just off to panic buy a frozen turkey via a bad tempered queue at the petrol station.
We still have last years frozen turkey in the freezer (use by date is in 2032).We had no problem getting a fresh one just before Christmas - despite dire warnings there wouldn’t be any.
bonnies mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Fortunately I’ve filled two large barrels with petrol in my garage so I have enough to keep me going for a while.

I’ll trade you 10kwh of gas for a litre of petrol.
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by mickeyspal View Post
Just come back from asda and there was a fair amount of queues, I had 1/2 a tank and did top it up to full but only because my husband has a huge sales area to cover and if he runs out and cant get any at least he can get another days work by using my car.
They should ban people from filling up petrol cans , theres no need for that it's just greedy
So, you ignored the "only buy what you normally would" guidance?

It's not people with cans causing issue - they'll be relatively few and far between and cans have a small capacity relative to a car, it's all the "buying some just in case" people who are causing the issue and, unfortunately, you sit firmly in that camp.

I don't blame you - everyone else is going it, so why shouldn't you?

It's just ridiculous that this whole thing stared because a very, very small number of petrol stations were closed due to lack of delivery drivers (thanks Brexit voters) which got reported along with a "no need to panic buy" message, which immediately guaranteed panic buying.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
So, you ignored the "only buy what you normally would" guidance?

It's not people with cans causing issue - they'll be relatively few and far between and cans have a small capacity relative to a car, it's all the "buying some just in case" people who are causing the issue and, unfortunately, you sit firmly in that camp.

I don't blame you - everyone else is going it, so why shouldn't you?

It's just ridiculous that this whole thing stared because a very, very small number of petrol stations were closed due to lack of delivery drivers (thanks Brexit voters) which got reported along with a "no need to panic buy" message, which immediately guaranteed panic buying.
Let’s just hope things don’t worsen to there being a shortage of Oyster Bay or chunky kitkats.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

The queues at the local petrol stations are really long here and blocking main roads.

I have just had to pop out for work and a 15 mins journey took me 45 mins because of people queuing to get into 3 petrol stations.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The people who should be publicly flogged is the people who fill up then decide to do their weekly shopping then paying for their petrol and going
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 21, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Moz
Imagineer

Moz's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Smug Tesla driver here... what is this petrol you all speak of..?
I will charge up for free again tomorrow..

Seriously though, as above - the media love to create a storm... empty shelves in the shops, CO2 levels will mean no meat or fizzy juice etc

Just another frenzy to put people in and they will rush and panic buy.
Not seen any queues up here in Scotland though... radio said it was mostly London area here the garages had stopped selling, is it more widespread now?
Moz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List