Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 9 Aug 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sassysar View Post
I’m hoping for Princess to drop testing we sail 3rd sept !
Princess have dropped some testing requirements for UK and Europe cruises. There was an update yesterday and its gone to self-declaration like P&O. We're on Enchanted Princess at the moment and we've noticed that crew haven't got masks on when working on deck today, baby steps!
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Princesa
Imagineer

I find myself getting more anxious about testing the closer we get. I know it can’t be helped it we test positive, but I feel like it’s ruining the build up worrying about it. I wish Disney would drop it now if others are. We all tested play at Xmas, so I hope that it doesn’t happen again.
Princesa is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:21 AM  
Link to this Post
shearwood
Excited about Disney

just seen carnival have dropped nearly all testing from 6th September, whoop whoop
shearwood is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

I paid for the consultations and certs today- my logic is if I pay for them they will drop the tests as it has happened for each of the other trips this year, changed each time, 😂
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mickeyspal
Imagineer

We go oct 1st on enchanted princess, we dont need the test for usa but our cruise docks in canada so looks like we still need it.
Crazy we will do the test the day before then tour around for 4 days before we get to canada. What is the point
mickeyspal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

I guess I must be in the minority here, but I've taken 3 cruises since July 2021 and have felt reassured by all the testing requirements in place. I know that testing isn't full-proof and the costs involved have been ridiculous, but what worries me now is that people who are knowingly sick will board the ships regardless and lie when asked to attest to their health status.

Covid hasn't gone away and ships are constantly battling the virus. On the Sky Princess at the moment they've canceled all theatre shows indefinitely due to an outbreak of Covid. I'm due to board the Sky Princess in 3 weeks time and will be wearing an FFP2 mask just like I've done with my other cruises. I know many will see the removal of testing as a cause for celebration, but catching Covid on a ship is no joke. You'll be quarantined in your cabin for the best part of the cruise and the cruise lines are not obliged to give you a refund.

Edited at 03:42 PM.
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List