Notices

Old 25 May 22, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
Update- ears are clear no temp this morning!

We would never go anywhere without calpol and nurofen for her so obviously we are prepared am just wondering should I ring the insurance company in case we need a doctor while in France? Obviously this appointment is recorded in her notes and she did have an infection in her ear about a month ago. Suppose it wouldn’t harm.
Phew, that’s a relief. Keep her wrapped in cotton wool for the next couple of days so she’s fit and healthy and ready for the trip.

You probably should inform the insurance company, however they may ask for a fit to fly certificate as she’s seen a dr so close to travel day (this is just my thoughts on it, I could be wrong and I guess it varies on insurance companies) Might be worth checking with your surgery that they would provide one if necessary before you contact insurance 🤷
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 01:46 PM  
Link to this Post

I’m in a proper quandary now !
If Dr says no ( and it’s a new practice as they moved not long ago) I don’t know if that would make it worse if insurance company asked for it.

I’m thinking might just suck a doctor visit up in France if needs be ( hopefully not!) rather than invalidate the whole insurance policy.

Her mummy says this does happen from time to time, lasts half a day or so but she is absolutely fine apart from the one time she did have a proven infection.

I love my DIL but I’m sure she thinks I’m making a fuss over nothing and feels antibiotics are prescribed too freely.

Guess we will just have to see🙁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I’m in a proper quandary now !
If Dr says no ( and it’s a new practice as they moved not long ago) I don’t know if that would make it worse if insurance company asked for it.

I’m thinking might just suck a doctor visit up in France if needs be ( hopefully not!) rather than invalidate the whole insurance policy.

Her mummy says this does happen from time to time, lasts half a day or so but she is absolutely fine apart from the one time she did have a proven infection.

I love my DIL but I’m sure she thinks I’m making a fuss over nothing and feels antibiotics are prescribed too freely.

Guess we will just have to see🙁
I think I’d probably do the same as you. Children tend to bounce back quickly so she’ll probably be fine. If she did have problems there, I’m sure a visit to a pharmacy or a dr could easily sort the problem cheaply. Hopefully, you’ll see her improve even more over the next two days which will reassure you so you can enjoy your holiday xx
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
I think I’d probably do the same as you. Children tend to bounce back quickly so she’ll probably be fine. If she did have problems there, I’m sure a visit to a pharmacy or a dr could easily sort the problem cheaply. Hopefully, you’ll see her improve even more over the next two days which will reassure you so you can enjoy your holiday xx
Thanks. She’s actually never been poorly, just a bit of a temp ( 37.6) and complaining of earache. She has still been her usual happy chirpy self!
Old 26 May 22, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post

So DIL is desperate to take DGD up Eiffel Tower. I’ve been up all the towers in NYC and I loved them, I’m just not bothered about visiting Paris myself. Neither is DH. However, we are a bit uneasy about them going into Paris on their own ( DS would be going of course!)

I haven’t told them I’m worried about them going on their own with DGD, they would laugh and say don’t be daft!
So we will all be going😃

Anyways, didn’t fancy the train and subway thing so have booked a transfer with Prestige Transport for Wednesday next week and specified a booster seat will be required. Not going til 11 am so DH and I will do EMH while they have a lie in!
Old 26 May 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

So DIL is desperate to take DGD up Eiffel Tower. I’ve been up all the towers in NYC and I loved them, I’m just not bothered about visiting Paris myself. Neither is DH. However, we are a bit uneasy about them going into Paris on their own ( DS would be going of course!)

I haven’t told them I’m worried about them going on their own with DGD, they would laugh and say don’t be daft!
So we will all be going😃

Anyways, didn’t fancy the train and subway thing so have booked a transfer with Prestige Transport for Wednesday next week and specified a booster seat will be required. Not going til 11 am so DH and I will do EMH while they have a lie in!
What makes you uneasy about it?
It’s so easy to get around, we actually walked everywhere as it was such a lovely place to just stroll through.
I’ve never been that fussed on Paris itself but glad we went as it’s a beautiful city and glad I saw the Eiffel Tower but have no interest in going up it.
I felt very safe everywhere we went.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
It’s so easy to get around, we actually walked everywhere as it was such a lovely place to just stroll through.
I’ve never been that fussed on Paris itself but glad we went as it’s a beautiful city and glad I saw the Eiffel Tower but have no interest in going up it.
That’s good to hear. My niece has been a few times and said there’s loads of ‘ dodgy’ people around the Eiffel Tower. Also there’s no online tickets left so they will have to Que for ages.

I’m not usually nervous when it’s just me and DH, I’m quite happy travelling by subway or walking anywhere in NYC, I think it’s just cos the little one is there!
Old 26 May 22, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

That’s good to hear. My niece has been a few times and said there’s loads of ‘ dodgy’ people around the Eiffel Tower. Also there’s no online tickets left so they will have to Que for ages.

I’m not usually nervous when it’s just me and DH, I’m quite happy travelling by subway or walking anywhere in NYC, I think it’s just cos the little one is there!
There are lots of the “lookey lookey men” but they’re not persistent or anything.
Personally if I didn’t have pre booked tickets then I wouldn’t even entertain it, the queues are mental and if it’s hot it won’t be pleasant.
I get what you mean, I certainly worry more than before I had children but they’ll be fine.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 08:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

I find all city reviews have warnings of pick pockets and dodgy people and they always make me uneasy before we visit and I regret my decision to visit.

However we have visited New York, Ho Chi Minh in Vietnam and various other cities and have always felt they are safer than our local town (which really isn’t very safe and has a terrible reputation so maybe not the best comparison 😂 ) We stick to the tourist areas, and don’t flash expensive jewellery or cameras but I usually end up more worried about getting run over than any other dangers. We’re going to Athens this year, again it has a reputation for dodgy areas and pick pocketing which is worrying me beforehand, but hopefully as with all our other city trips we will love it once we are there.

We’re going into Paris for a day when we visit DLP later this year too so are interested in reading our your trip goes. I think we’ll take the RER train, which does stress me, but we’ll be vigilant but I know I’ll be relieved when we get off it. I’m going to price up your transfers for our trip though as it could be an option

Hope you have a great time NF xx
Old 26 May 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Thank you, that’s reassuring for our trip. I hope it’s reassured NF too 💞