Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Jun 22, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
taffs travels
VIP Dibber

If being a Disney adult allows me to true unwind and be myself on MY vacation then yup that's me.
I am an adult with responsibilities 50 weeks a year ,but for 2 glorious weeks I can laugh at the shows, scream on the rides and cry as I walk down main street.
taffs travels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Fluffypenguin
Imagineer

I had a friend when I was in college, her, her mum and her dad had only ever holidayed in Turkey…
They used to go twice a year every year and my friend had never been anywhere else on holiday.

It’s not something I’d do personally, but they clearly enjoyed it and it worked for them. Different things for different folks.
Fluffypenguin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I dont think that article is meant to be taken literally

tongue firmly in cheek

fwiw i too find disney adults a bit weird how invested they get in it all but its their choice same as someone who goes to Spain every year to eat roast dinners in the blazing sun, nowt to do with me how they choose to spend their time
novocastrian is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post
I had a friend when I was in college, her, her mum and her dad had only ever holidayed in Turkey…
They used to go twice a year every year and my friend had never been anywhere else on holiday.

It’s not something I’d do personally, but they clearly enjoyed it and it worked for them. Different things for different folks.
I know someone who only goes to Turkey.

I went, albeit years ago and wasn’t keen as Mrs YT was younger then and has long blonde hair and the men were shouting at her in the street even when I was there. She’d probably love it now, but back then it was a bit off putting. Also got sick of being hassled to go in restaurants and buy stuff at ‘ASDA price’.
Not our cup of tea and may have changed since then which was 18 years ago.
Old 28 Jun 22, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

I have never really understood ‘Disney fandom’.. but then again I have several interests of my own that would bemuse many/most, such as visiting Aviation Museums and building scale models.

Perhaps ‘live and let live’ is a good maxim for life.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Shutterbug
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I have never really understood ‘Disney fandom’.. but then again I have several interests of my own that would bemuse many/most, such as visiting Aviation Museums and building scale models.

Perhaps ‘live and let live’ is a good maxim for life.
Sounds like my other half, he is currently building aeroplanes in the garage. We love aviation museums and airshows, also have a lot of disney merch in the house (and Star Wars) For us a holiday to Disney or a disney show takes us out of our daily work and home life stress and allows us to relax. I am more Disney than he is as most of my clothes are disney/star wars or heavy metal bands, his clothes are some disney, star wars and lots of planes. Having got the age of 45 and been subject to abuse for how i dress since i was in my teens, i've got to the stage where i don't care what people think. The world would be dull if we were all the same and liked the same stuff.
Shutterbug is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 22, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Without going into too much detail, the good guys in the Star Wars movies
Thank you.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Originally Posted by Fluffypenguin View Post

You get an awful lot of that on here. Will only contemplate going to the US, usually Florida but might try Cali. I find it very strange too, but then I want to go to (nearly) all the countries in the world
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mitch84 View Post
You get an awful lot of that on here. Will only contemplate going to the US, usually Florida but might try Cali. I find it very strange too, but then I want to go to (nearly) all the countries in the world
I would agree with that.. and I am guilty as charged in some ways, albeit looking at the USA as a whole and Disney not really at all. I am still, rather repetitive!

It is easy to fall into that ‘comfort zone’, booking more of the same because of familiarity, convenience etc. in my mind, there is absolutely nothing wrong in that.

My personal thinking is that some of the world has in recent years become unfriendly and difficult to visit in safety unless using packages and staying within boundaries.
Whilst I still have cheap insurance and am young enough, I want to get the long hauls on my bucket list done, but as I look eastwards, I only see Ankor Watt, Vietnam and Thailand, having no interest in Aus, NZ etc and not wanting to ad-lib it in the likes of the Phillipines, Malaysia etc.
Japan is permanently off the menu, as is the Middle East
I have no interest in Africa other than Egypt for archeological reasons.

As I age, I will hopefully then mop up in Europe the bits East of the Old Iron Curtain that I have not yet seen.

We all have different Holiday aspirations!

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:20 AM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 22, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I genuinely don't care what people choose to do but I did feel very uncomfortable about a single man "flirting" with the not at all ugly sisters. But I was probably irritated because we were next in queue and he went on and on. We had the same at Frozen when having queued for ages the adults in front sort of cut back into our session and the cast member didn't seem to be able to deal with that and tried to rush the children along instead.

On the other hand I have seen many on here be very snobby about AI holidays so perhaps we should all be more tolerant.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List