Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 22, 05:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Smoking in Theme Parks

Are there any other Parks/Attractions in Florida that don't permit smoking apart from Disney and Legoland.

Why do people think that Universal, Seaworld and Busch Gardens have not followed suit ?

Apart from the "Fast Pass Fiasco" this is one of the main reasons for us swerving Disney.

However we hit the Lynx 8/350 today from I Drive to Disney Springs just for a mooch.

Imagine my shock when I walked past a Cigar Shop which had a section inside by the window with comfy chairs to enjoy their products

Does this not smack of hypocrisy ?

Also I noticed Disney Springs has designated smoking areas unlike it's parks

Edited at 05:11 AM.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Each park has made its decision. Complete business decision
Smoking areas at Disney tended to be tucked away , the other parks weirdly not so much but still easy to avoid.
Not sure why a shop selling cigars outside the Disney bubble having an area for customers to sample their products is hypocritical , smoking is only banned completely in the Disney parks ?
I’m just waiting for the alcohol ban , the parks were far nicer places when you could only buy alcohol with a meal . Food and wine can be like Wetherspoons on a Saturday night at times. I’d quite like to see designated drinking areas , maybe they could use the old smoking areas for it !

Edited at 06:52 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Why is it hypocrisy?
Springs is a shopping destination, Disney is a family theme park.
I relish not having to skirt round people thinking it’s ok to spark up wherever they like, like parks over here.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:11 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Totally ok with people smoking personally even though I don’t. Quite like the smell of a lit cigar.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Has something changed? Disney did having smoking areas, they were outside the parks have they stopped these as well ? Unfortunately the few (IMO)spoilt it for the rest- smoking in queues, in fact anywhere they wanted.Now personally I think every smoker should be issued a space helmet so that all their smoke doesn't go anywhere I mean if I wanted it I'd just smoke myself
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Why is it hypocrisy?
Springs is a shopping destination, Disney is a family theme park.
I relish not having to skirt round people thinking it’s ok to spark up wherever they like, like parks over here.
Depending on the reason why Disney banned smoking in parks when it was already heavily restricted and "far away from the madding crowd", you didn't have to "skirt around people".

Is Disney Springs not a "family shopping destination" ?

Are Universal and Seaworld not family parks ?

To be consistent why haven't they banned smoking at the Paris Parks ?
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Has something changed? Disney did having smoking areas, they were outside the parks have they stopped these as well ? Unfortunately the few (IMO)spoilt it for the rest- smoking in queues, in fact anywhere they wanted.Now personally I think every smoker should be issued a space helmet so that all their smoke doesn't go anywhere I mean if I wanted it I'd just smoke myself
SD
No, you can still smoke outside, but that is hardly convenient when you are "10 miles" from an Exit.

I can't see why they can't as they used to provide a few "out of the way" facilities that would effect no one else in each park.

it would then be fair to heavily police this and kick anyone out caught defaulting.

I'm willing to try your "Buzz Lightyear" idea
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
Depending on the reason why Disney banned smoking in parks when it was already heavily restricted and "far away from the madding crowd", you didn't have to "skirt around people".

Is Disney Springs not a "family shopping destination" ?

Are Universal and Seaworld not family parks ?

Yeah because people always stuck to the smoking areas..
That’s one of the reasons they banned it in the first place as some of the smokers couldn’t be trusted to stick to the designated smoking areas and received complaints daily.
And there’s no such thing as a “family shopping destination” , it’s just shopping and that’s aimed at adults as they are the ones with money.
Disneyland Paris hasn’t banned it because their approach is different to the US (and up until recently they werent even the majority shareholders so could do what they liked within reason)
It’s pretty obvious when you’re in the park and people still roam around with a cigarette rather than use the smoking areas in DLP.
Don’t know why you mentioned Universal etc.. as they’re nothing to do with Disney and make their own rules, obviously.

Edited at 12:20 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
Even if they did, the French would do what they like anyway. It's not like they stick to the smoking areas.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Each park has made its decision. Complete business decision
Smoking areas at Disney tended to be tucked away , the other parks weirdly not so much but still easy to avoid.
Not sure why a shop selling cigars outside the Disney bubble having an area for customers to sample their products is hypocritical , smoking is only banned completely in the Disney parks ?
I’m just waiting for the alcohol ban , the parks were far nicer places when you could only buy alcohol with a meal . Food and wine can be like Wetherspoons on a Saturday night at times. I’d quite like to see designated drinking areas , maybe they could use the old smoking areas for it !
So why get rid of them ? - what is the rationale ?