Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 5 Jul 22, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Even if they did, the French would do what they like anyway. It's not like they stick to the smoking areas.
Well if that was the case you just start kicking a few people out and word would soon get around ?

Has everyone forgotten Walt Disney was a chain smoker ?
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Donz1979
Imagineer

Mobile

I think its a good thing no smoking in parks, hate nothing more than walking past someone and being hit with a face full of smoke.
Donz1979 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
Well if that was the case you just start kicking a few people out and word would soon get around ?

Has everyone forgotten Walt Disney was a chain smoker ?
Don’t see how that’s relevant.. He’s dead

Edited at 02:17 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
I think its a good thing no smoking in parks, hate nothing more than walking past someone and being hit with a face full of smoke.
That's why you locate them in areas where you have to make an effort to get there and passer byes are not affected.

Is that unreasonable ?
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
BigSkip
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
Have you met the French? they would blockade the whole place.

It is their right to ignore rules.
BigSkip is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

For me being a smoker, and I would like to think a considerate smoker there are a few things to note.

The old smoking areas were in very poor places and often had people walking through them.

The new smoking areas are a real pain being outside of security and therefore actually encourages "illegal" smoking in the park. In 2019 it was the first time I had seen people not using (or at least near to) the areas .

Disney Springs seems to strike the correct balance as most if not all smoking areas are well out of the way of passing people and I wish they found corners of the park where they could have put these areas without having to go through security and such.
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jonsgirl80
Imagineer

Because typically you give people an inch and they take a mile.

People couldn’t be trusted to stick to the smoking areas (and I think that gets even worse when they’re out of the way and harder to get to as you suggest) often used to see people walking round smart king or sparking up in queues etc - easier just to ban it altogether I suppose.

I also add vaping to that - some of those are really offensive. I get it’s not harmful in the same sense as cigarettes but I don’t want to be hit in the face by a cloud of strong sickly blueberry/cherry vapour any more than I want to be walking through clouds of cigarette smoke.

And I say that as someone who smoked for years so not anti smoking at all (just in the right environment)

Edited at 12:46 PM.
jonsgirl80 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Originally Posted by BigSkip View Post
Have you met the French? they would blockade the whole place.

It is their right to ignore rules.
Actually on our last two trips (Nov 21 and March 22) we saw absolutely no smoking at DLP.

OK, in November you still had to wear masks - but by March you didn’t. It was an absolute pleasure to walk round, watch parades and shows with no-one smoking in your face.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by jonsgirl80 View Post
Because typically you give people an inch and they take a mile.

People couldn’t be trusted to stick to the smoking areas (and I think that gets even worse when they’re out of the way and harder to get to as you suggest) often used to see people walking round smart king or sparking up in queues etc - easier just to ban it altogether I suppose.

I also add vaping to that - some of those are really offensive. I get it’s not harmful in the same sense as cigarettes but I don’t want to be hit in the face by a cloud of strong sickly blueberry/cherry vapour any more than I want to be walking through clouds of cigarette smoke.

And I say that as someone who smoked for years so not anti smoking at all (just in the right environment)
Well I can only speak from my experience of Seaworld and Busch Gardens this week where I have seen no one smoking out with designated areas - have seen a few vapers though.
Old 5 Jul 22, 01:00 PM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

As someone who is very sensitive to the tiniest bit of cigarette smoke I’m glad it isn’t allowed anywhere inside the WDW parks.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List