Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jul 22, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loretta
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by mick View Post
I may be the only Dibber (apart from Lindaelaine) who didn't mourn the passing of Sweet Tomatoes.

Mick
I don’t miss Sweet Tomatoes either only went once and never planned to go back and I eat salads.
Loretta is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Missed this place so much. My favourite restaurant chain in Florida
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
Missed this place so much. My favourite restaurant chain in Florida
In my 18+ years on here I have to say that no other restaurant chain has polarised opinions so much.

We paid about $24 for two breakfasts in May. OK so it's not Victoria & Alberts but it's just a matter of managing expectations.

Mick

Edited at 06:45 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
In my 18+ years on here I have to say that no other restaurant chain has polarised opinions so much.

We paid about $24 for two breakfasts in May. OK so it's not Victoria & Alberts but it's just a matter of managing expectations.

Mick
I just love the variety of food. Nothing pretentious, just what I consider to be good hearty tasty food. I’ve had far worse meals paying 3 times as much.

I can almost smell the soup now!

Edited at 06:56 PM.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

We were in GC on I-Drive around 2.30pm yesterday - yes American Independence Day and it was absolutely rammed !

However nothing ran out and the only real queue was for the steaks when they came out.

It's not haute cuisine but for less than $11 plus drinks fantastic value. You can still even get 10% off coupons for it.

My favourite dish was the pot roast - succulent.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
We were in GC on I-Drive around 2.30pm yesterday - yes American Independence Day and it was absolutely rammed !

However nothing ran out and the only real queue was for the steaks when they came out.

It's not haute cuisine but for less than $11 plus drinks fantastic value. You can still even get 10% off coupons for it.

My favourite dish was the pot roast - succulent.
Are the coupons in those little books still?
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mouse 83
Trading Disney Pins

Thanks for your replies everyone, looks like we might have to save GC for a weekend. I miss good old I-Drive Ponderosa, it was literally across the road from our hotel. And Western Steer but that's going back a bit! Can't whack a cheap buffet to set yourself up for the day.
Minnie Mouse 83 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Mouse 83 View Post
Has anyone that's been in the last month or so noticed if Golden Corral on I-Drive has reopened for breakfast on weekdays?

We went last December but it was only on weekends. I read on a Facebook page recently that they were reopening fully from June but I can't find any evidence 😊

Thanks!
Why would you want to go there for breakfast? I would go instead to Dennys or Bob Evans. Otherwise, go for breakfast at your hotel, if you are staying in one.
Gold Corral is better for lunch and supper, I would say.

Edited at 03:32 PM.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

I used to love GC for a breakfast, really did enjoy it, set us up for most of the day and ended up with a snack in the afternoon. We had lunch once, wasn't as keen. I know now what i'd have on my plates! hahaha

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I just love the variety of food. Nothing pretentious, just what I consider to be good hearty tasty food. I’ve had far worse meals paying 3 times as much.

I can almost smell the soup now!
This!
If we're having a busy day it's just nice and easy to pop in, everybody can have as much of whatever they like; whether that's eggs and bacon, fruit, or even fried chicken and waffles!

I don't know why so many people get so snobby about food places sometimes. Especially with things that are proudly affordable.
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List