Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Jul 22, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Tui at Bristol asked to see ours. It was the first year I had printed them, so wasn’t an issue.
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lozza
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by garryboy11 View Post
I mean are you even going to Florida if you don’t have a plastic wallet filled with documents and paperwork, sorted in the order you need to access them?
Nope. Everything is on my phone in PDF form, backed up onto iCloud in my files folder so it can be accessed on my iPad if required as well. This is the whole point of having apps etc isn’t it? Lots of stuff in Apple Wallet too. So much easier.
Lozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lozza View Post
Nope. Everything is on my phone in PDF form, backed up onto iCloud in my files folder so it can be accessed on my iPad if required as well. This is the whole point of having apps etc isn’t it? Lots of stuff in Apple Wallet too. So much easier.
I do this too since upgrading my phone but previously my phone would no doubt have died at the wrong moment!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Spadge64
Proud to wear my Ears

I never used to but one time flew into New York and the ESTA computer system was down. My friend had printed hers and got straight through customs. I was taken away (whilst a panicked friend looked on!) with no explanation and seated in what I can only describe as a mini court room whilst they did some sort of manual checks. Delayed me by about 20 mins so no big deal. But I do print out now just in case of this happening again! Given how security minded the US is, not sure how they'd feel about verifying an ESTA on your phone in such circumstances
Spadge64 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I print everything out. If my phone died on me I wouldn't have access to it all.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Spadge64 View Post
I never used to but one time flew into New York and the ESTA computer system was down. My friend had printed hers and got straight through customs. I was taken away (whilst a panicked friend looked on!) with no explanation and seated in what I can only describe as a mini court room whilst they did some sort of manual checks. Delayed me by about 20 mins so no big deal. But I do print out now just in case of this happening again! Given how security minded the US is, not sure how they'd feel about verifying an ESTA on your phone in such circumstances
Amazing isn't it how paper sometimes works well even though us old dinosaurs seem to be patronised all the time by others who share a different view but are unable to communicate it without being offensive

Mic
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Amazing isn't it how paper sometimes works well even though us old dinosaurs seem to be patronised all the time by others who share a different view but are unable to communicate it without being offensive

Mic
I well remember the arrival of the ‘paperless office’ during my Police career.
It did not work, never will work and we still had endless duplication of effort as well as exactly the same amount of paper in hard copy files (x 5 in the case of an overnight and remand).
Technology can be an aid and no more than that. I will meantime stick with my A5.. just in case.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by cornishfrogboy View Post
I well remember the arrival of the ‘paperless office’ during my Police career.
It did not work, never will work and we still had endless duplication of effort as well as exactly the same amount of paper in hard copy files (x 5 in the case of an overnight and remand).
Technology can be an aid and no more than that. I will meantime stick with my A5.. just in case.
CFB

I may have already said, to the point of boredom , that I'm 76 and have embraced technology as much as I can where I have to or where it helps with everyday life but not to the complete exclusion of alternatives.

I'm even on record here last November when I said that I found doing Verifly easy on only the second day that BA used it.

In my world there's room for both to sit alongside each other and neither should be dismissed just because it's not what you do.

Mick

Edited at 07:32 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Butts1
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by mick View Post
CFB

I may have already said, to the point of boredom , that I'm 76 and have embraced technology as much as I can where I have to or where it helps with everyday life but not to the complete exclusion of alternatives.

I'm even on record here last November when I said that I found doing Verifly easy on only the second day that BA used it.

In my world there's room for both to sit alongside each other and neither should be dismissed just because it's not what you do.

Mick
What is the point of doing Verifly if as they did with us only ask for your passport when you check in without having done it ?

I had copies of vaccination record and attestation but they didn't (despite being offered) want to see them.
Butts1 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Originally Posted by Butts1 View Post
What is the point of doing Verifly if as they did with us only ask for your passport when you check in without having done it ?

I had copies of vaccination record and attestation but they didn't (despite being offered) want to see them.
I assume that's a rhetorical question?

Obviously I have no idea but I'm guessing that the US Department of Homeland Security won't be best pleased to hear that the UK flag carrying airline wasn't fulfilling it's legal obligations by not checking that passengers were complying with the CDC requirements.

Assuming you travelled BA of course.

Mick

Edited at 08:20 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List