Old 9 Aug 22, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Lovely to see more of the food and wine. I’ve only done it once, need to go back when it’s on.

Sounds like you have a lovely relaxing day planned. I always seem to hit a wall mid holiday energy and food wise so breaks are a must! The charcuterie sounds interesting and I do like a mooch around the springs

We are very much enjoying our relaxing morning by the pool. I went to the main pool with the slide earlier to fill up our resort mugs and it was very busy. We are far happier here, although I get it when you have little children who wany to use the slides and play the games. But it felt way too hectic for us.

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Some more lovely looking food from food and wine there. A nice relaxing morning by the pool sounds like just what you need if you're all tired. I hope you enjoy HS later.
I'm feeling nice and refreshed from out morning off. It should put us all in the mood for HS fun this evening and I've been stacking Genie+ rides for later.

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Getting full on F&W food creeps up on you though! You think you’ll manage loads then have to stop after 3 😂.
It sure did creep up. I think it was also very rich, so that's sort of why the sandwiches from France appealed.

Also, I'm starting to see why you love this resort. We have had a lovely morning by the quiet pool.

Barely a soul in sight.

And the perfect place to just relax.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Day 13

We managed to extricate Kate from her bed and went to the pizza window on the Boardwalk. They do mug refills here so we got some coke. But they don’t do whole pizzas anymore. We haven’t been here since 2016 and back then 2 QS credits would get a whole pizza, a side salad and possibly dessert, but perhaps my memory is failing.

Anyway, I decided to get 2 slices of cheese and 2 slices of pepperoni. It amounted to a whole pizza. They asked if we wanted individual boxes or 1 large and I went for the 1 large box.

We took it back to our spot at the quiet pool and even though there was lightning in the area and the pool was closed we were fine to eat our lunch. We cut each slice in half and we very much enjoyed it.

We ended up eating nearly all. Just a slice of pepperoni left which Kate wanted to have for leftovers.

In the end the rain didn’t come until we had finished eating. And even then it was barely a sprinkling of rain, hardly even a shower and certainly not proper Florida rain. We were fairly well sheltered under the umbrella and enjoyed just chilling out.

Kate was pleased there is a good WiFi connection at the pool.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Sounds like Epcot was good apart from the sandwiches not being as good as normal in France. The pool looks nice we could do with it today it’s very hot up north!
I do love a Disney pizza.
I can’t believe your nearly at Universal time.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Just caught up! The food at Bar Riva looks brilliant. Can’t believe you’re on day 13 already! It goes so fast 😳
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Sounds like Epcot was good apart from the sandwiches not being as good as normal in France. The pool looks nice we could do with it today it’s very hot up north!
I do love a Disney pizza.
I can’t believe your nearly at Universal time.
The pool had even been good to sit by during the rain. I'm sure plenty will think we are crazy but it was dry under the umbrella and very peaceful here.

Apart from the sound of the rain. Just stopped raining and we are going to head back, freshen up and then off to Hollywood.

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
Just caught up! The food at Bar Riva looks brilliant. Can’t believe you’re on day 13 already! It goes so fast 😳
I can't believe it either. Seem to have flown by. We've still got a few days and the excitement of Universal still to come.

Old 9 Aug 22, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Boardwalk pizza looks as good as I remember. I can’t believe they don’t do full pizzas anymore.

But you are right, they used to be such good value at two credits with dessert and drinks. Though the desserts were usually those little pots of chocolate cake or carrot cake which were a bit dry but we ate them anyway because they were ‘free’
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by scouse_minx View Post
Boardwalk pizza looks as good as I remember. I can’t believe they don’t do full pizzas anymore.

But you are right, they used to be such good value at two credits with dessert and drinks. Though the desserts were usually those little pots of chocolate cake or carrot cake which were a bit dry but we ate them anyway because they were ‘free’
That's right I knew I wasn't imagining the dessert. Yep in years gone by we have had countless chocolate sponge with icing on. After a while even the kids turned their noses up at them as they had eaten too much. I'm glad that wasn't a made up memory. Still the 4 slices of pizza was lovely and comparable pricing for QS for 3 people and we now have leftovers which Kate will eat for breakfast tomorrow. She loves cold pizza for breakfast...true class...brought up well 😉

Edited at 09:13 PM.
Old 9 Aug 22, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
IBEX23
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
That's right I knew I wasn't imagining the dessert. Yep in years gone by we have had countless chocolate sponge with icing on. After a while even the kids turned their noses up at them as they had eaten too much. I'm glad that wasn't a made up memory. Still the 4 slices of pizza was lovely and comparable pricing for QS for 3 people and we now have leftovers which Kate will eat for breakfast tomorrow. She loves cold pizza for breakfast...true class...brought up well 😉
She’s totally been brought up well - who doesn’t love breakfast pizza?!

And yes, near the end of the holiday we’d have about 3 or 4 of those cake pots in the hotel fridge as we’d got bored of eating them but didn’t want to throw them away.

Good to know the slices are still decent value though, nice for a casual night at the boardwalk with a marg from the stand there
IBEX23 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

I'd heard the beignets at the France Pavillion weren't as good as POFQ, such a shame but it was still a good food day, but I can't believe the Disney part of your trip is almost over

I did have a chuckle at Kate's leftover pizza, hope she enjoys it, I know you're probably already at HS but I'd love to see the offerings in Brown Derby, have a lovely evening x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Aargh - you show me that pic of the quiet pool just after we moved our last couple of nights to the Contemporary 🤣 it looks lovely and definitely somewhere I would be lazing. Maybe next time.. DH has always wanted to stay at Contemporary and we manage to get a last minute deal 😀 Have a fab time at HS - we were there this morning and managed to dodge the rain/storm! Back lazing at resort now - essential to have lots of downtime with teenagers and Florida summer weather!
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List