Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Stop watching , we did a couple of years ago
Stopped our TV license too
We stream stuff now .
Haven't trusted the media since Diana died ( last time I bought a paper ) , but the last 2 years really showed what they are about
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
It’s not just Sky - watch or listen to any mainstream news media and the world is about to end.
These idiots are responsible for young people today feeling hopeless about the future because they genuinely believe (and have been led to do so) that the planet is about to die.
I remember playing with sticks in melting tar when I was a child and this must have been late 60’s. We really have had NICE SUMMER’S DAYS in the past.
Yes this current episode is rare and as such, it won’t be happening again for perhaps another few decades to come, in my opinion - but if you listen to the news now, this is a pattern for years to come…………………..

Poor water management is another issue and the green lobby/environmental activists should be held as responsible as the water companies (for not fixing leaks) IMO - you cannot build new reservoirs or just about anything helpful now, because it would damage the environment or harm wildlife. They don’t care about fish suffocating at the moment or birds being killed by the million by wind turbines, only bothered when it suits their agenda.

Phew - thanks for letting me rant, I feel better now

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SgtElias
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I’m chuffed reading these replies, I always made a point of sitting down and watching the news on an evening to catch up on the days events.

I think it was during Brexit rest I realised how biased and manipulative MSM is and can be, I think it’s just got worse with covid,cost of living crisis etc.

It’s years since I watched a news programme and I feel better for it, Sky are bad, but the BBC have to be the worst.
SgtElias is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
I am the same struggle to watch the news now - just fed up with it.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerliz
Excited about Disney

I just don’t read it anymore. It’s actually really liberating to not let that constant negativity into my life and I feel better for it. I work in a highly emotive job working with vulnerable people and I can’t face hearing about poverty and the cost of living crisis outside of work too

DLP - Sequoia Lodge - May 2019
WDW POP Century + Universal Aventura - March 2022
DLP - Newport Bay - January 2023
WDW POP Cenury - September 2023
tinkerliz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
colzo100
Excited about Disney

Nobody would have panic bought toilet tolls unless the news said it was a thing!
2019 & 2022 - Cabana Bay
2024 - Beach Club & Key West
colzo100 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by colzo100 View Post
Nobody would have panic bought toilet tolls unless the news said it was a thing!
I didn't panic buy. I just happened to have 100+ in stock.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Being serious. I love News and read the Sky articles and also the BBC aricles.

How else otherwise would I know Salman Rushdie has just been stabbed in New York or about the Homicide in Skye etc.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazbar
Imagineer

Mazbar's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
The funniest one I saw about panic buying toilet rolls had a picture of someone coming out of Costco with a large pack of Kirkland toilet paper. What they didn’t say was that was the standard size as it comes in packs of 40. So not panic buying but just shopping
Mazbar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

On/off button 😉
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List