Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 9 Aug 22, 05:56 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

DAS for 7 people + Additional rides coming to DAS?

Is it completely not possible for you to have 7 people on one DAS pass? We are a group of 7, so 6 causes a bit of a problem unless it is a ride someone doesn't want to do

I've seen some posts elsewhere that suggest at least the advanced reservations people have managed to get 7 people linked. Not sure about on the day reservations though.

Secondly I appreciate that previously ILL rides were excluded from the advanced selection, now that 1 ride from each park is no longer an ILL, is there any chance of those rides coming to the DAS advanced selection?
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Wonder
Imagineer

You can have 7 people associated with your DAS but you can only have 6 people attached to any DAS selection (unless your 7th person is under park ticket age, so under 3 years old... then they don't "count" as a person for the purposes of this).

They are fairly strict with the 6 person rule. I'm here as a party of 8 at present and have only asked once to allow all 8 of us in, that was to meet Olaf, the cast member allowed it as I explained it was only the kids we wanted in the photos so we weren't actually taking up extra "space".
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post
You can have 7 people associated with your DAS but you can only have 6 people attached to any DAS selection (unless your 7th person is under park ticket age, so under 3 years old... then they don't "count" as a person for the purposes of this).

They are fairly strict with the 6 person rule. I'm here as a party of 8 at present and have only asked once to allow all 8 of us in, that was to meet Olaf, the cast member allowed it as I explained it was only the kids we wanted in the photos so we weren't actually taking up extra "space".
Damn that makes things hard, I know the previous system they use to have discretion and would allow the odd person or so. We are only just over the limit, it would be very hard to try and get genie+ to line up with it. There will be some rides that some of our party won’t want to go, in which case that isn’t a problem, but otherwise, not great.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We're a party of 8, with 2 people eligible for DAS. They wouldn't let us all be on one DAS pass, so we're spilt into 2 groups of 4, and when we made the advance selections they got them as close together as they possibly could.

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

We were a party of 7 with 2 DAS children who have very different needs. They put us all on the same DAS and we were either all able to ride together or split it so that the DAS children were able to ride different rides at the same time.

That was in April and we didn't do advance registration but went to Guest Services on our first day.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Wonder View Post

Hmmm - I just came back in July and had a DAS with 7 people all classed as "adults", and we were able to book all 7 onto rides - I wonder if it depends who deals with it.

We got ours at Guest Services at AK.
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoanicSicos View Post
Hmmm - I just came back in July and had a DAS with 7 people all classed as "adults", and we were able to book all 7 onto rides - I wonder if it depends who deals with it.

We got ours at Guest Services at AK.
Did you only have one DAS eligible member in your party or two?
Old 17 Aug 22, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
JoanicSicos
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by dan223 View Post
Did you only have one DAS eligible member in your party or two?
Just the one in my party
JoanicSicos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

In April we registered at Magic Kingdom at were told 6 max. It wasn't an issue for us as there were only 3 of us for most of the holiday. Our cousin's joined us for just a few days.

There was a larger family beside us arguing and the cast member stuck to the 6 at a time rule.

I can't help with rides available for pre selection, but we managed to do everything we wanted booking one at a time in the park.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Aug 22, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
McBMicky
I want to go now!

I am here now with DAS on a party of 11. We didn't arrange it in advance but asked at guest services in MK on our first day. They linked it with all people in our group with no issue.
McBMicky is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List