Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Aug 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
How is everyone? Just thought I’d update with a few photos of our holiday in Athens. We had a wonderful time, I was very nervous a day or two before we went and it did stress me for the first day of our holiday when I was off my food and felt a little overawed by such a big city. We soon started to get the holiday feels though and had a really good time. We loved the Acropolis and the other ancient sites, the hotel was really lovely with a rooftop pool to relax by and cool down, the city itself has a great vibe to it and we ate fantastic food. The highlight would be the trip to the Temple of Poseidon at Cape Sounion to watch the sunset 💞 I’ve certainly got my appetite back for travel

Lovely photos, I'm on the countdown for Florida (though it's still 6 weeks away!) and we've just booked a cruise early for next June to get some on board credit. It starts in ... Athens so we're flying out a couple of days early to do a bit of sightseeing. We've had 2 visits to Athens from cruise ships so we've done the Acropolis, and the new museum so we'll be looking for other things this time. Which hotel did you stay at? I've booked a cancellable one near the Plaka.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsBC View Post
Lovely photos, I'm on the countdown for Florida (though it's still 6 weeks away!) and we've just booked a cruise early for next June to get some on board credit. It starts in ... Athens so we're flying out a couple of days early to do a bit of sightseeing. We've had 2 visits to Athens from cruise ships so we've done the Acropolis, and the new museum so we'll be looking for other things this time. Which hotel did you stay at? I've booked a cancellable one near the Plaka.
What a coincidence 😀 We really enjoyed Athens, would go back again. We stayed at the Melia Athens which had the bonus of a rooftop pool which was so lovely in the heat. I would recommend it, although it’s around a 15 minute walk or a €4 Uber ride into the city squares from the hotel so it’s not central. We were happy with this as we felt the benefit of the pool made the Uber fare worth it and hotels with pools near the centre were far more expensive

6 weeks will soon fly by for your WDW trip. I can’t believe my DLP countdown is only 31 days away. From 3 years with no holidays to 2 in 2 months 😂
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
What a coincidence 😀 We really enjoyed Athens, would go back again. We stayed at the Melia Athens which had the bonus of a rooftop pool which was so lovely in the heat. I would recommend it, although it’s around a 15 minute walk or a €4 Uber ride into the city squares from the hotel so it’s not central. We were happy with this as we felt the benefit of the pool made the Uber fare worth it and hotels with pools near the centre were far more expensive

6 weeks will soon fly by for your WDW trip. I can’t believe my DLP countdown is only 31 days away. From 3 years with no holidays to 2 in 2 months 😂
We all need as many hols, trips and treats as we can get - we've all realised now that things can change in a minute! Look forward to your DLP pics!

The hotel I've booked is the Titania hotel, think I've got it cheap with very early booking and it inc breakfast too. No rooftop pool, but it has a rooftop restaurant. We'll only have 2 days to look around but I'll be happy with the main sites.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We all need as many hols, trips and treats as we can get - we've all realised now that things can change in a minute! Look forward to your DLP pics!

The hotel I've booked is the Titania hotel, think I've got it cheap with very early booking and it inc breakfast too. No rooftop pool, but it has a rooftop restaurant. We'll only have 2 days to look around but I'll be happy with the main sites.
We certainly do, it’s good to make the most of our opportunities, I think we appreciate that so much more now.

I’ve just looked the Titania up. It looks very nice, and it’s not very far from the Melia that we stayed in 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Just look at this perfect little thing! Our new great niece - 3 days old!
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 15 Aug 22, 06:07 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Just look at this perfect little thing! Our new great niece - 3 days old!
Oh she is absolutely adorable, I bet she will be spoiled rotten (as she should be 🥰 ) Has she got a name yet?

Edited: it’s Harper 😂
Old 15 Aug 22, 09:09 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Oh she is absolutely adorable, I bet she will be spoiled rotten (as she should be 🥰 ) Has she got a name yet?

Edited: it’s Harper 😂
Harper Susan - after her grandma, me and an aunty on her dad's side. And yes she'll be spoiled like her sister, they're like our grandchildren as we have no small people (our only grandson is 21 next month!)
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 15 Aug 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Harper Susan - after her grandma, me and an aunty on her dad's side. And yes she'll be spoiled like her sister, they're like our grandchildren as we have no small people (our only grandson is 21 next month!)
I’m a Susan too 😀 That’s such a lovely name combination, with a beautiful modern name and a more traditional family name.

I’m still waiting for grandchildren, think it will take a while (if ever) with my children
Old 16 Aug 22, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I’m a Susan too 😀 That’s such a lovely name combination, with a beautiful modern name and a more traditional family name.

I’m still waiting for grandchildren, think it will take a while (if ever) with my children
We never got any babies - Jack came into the family when he was 8. We make the most of my brother's grandchildren and mind them, take them to nursery etc. They are a joy.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
TRIP REPORT INDEX
Old 16 Aug 22, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We never got any babies - Jack came into the family when he was 8. We make the most of my brother's grandchildren and mind them, take them to nursery etc. They are a joy.
I’ve never really thought about grandchildren as Georgia arrived 11 years after her nearest sibling, so I’ve already been lucky enough to have 2 sets of my own children to care for.

However, now she is almost independent, I do feel it would be lovely if one of the older boys and their partners decided to start a family. But I guess I’ll have to be patient and wait and see if they want any

It must be lovely to be involved with Jack and your brother’s grandchildren though. Plus you can hand them back too 😂