Notices

Old 27 Jul 22, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

Whats a sideways room ?
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Originally Posted by juless77 View Post
Whats a sideways room ?
The sideways rooms are on The Disney Magic and I think on The Disney Wonder.

They are rooms which have the door in the centre, instead of the door at the end.

The normal configuration for inside rooms is that the rooms are length ways, you walk into the room, the bathroom is at the side and the head of the bed is against the back wall.

With a sideways room, the door is in the middle, the bed is on one side and the bathroom on the other.

The square footage of the room is exactly the same, just the layout is different, which gives the illusion of more space.

Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 22, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

3 Days Until Online Check In

I have now got some Norwegian Krone cash for in the ports. I got the smallest note which is 50 Krone, which is approx €5. I don't have any port excursions booked so I don't need to pay for any big things. My plan is to buy some local snacks and drinks, and random small souvenirs.

I am getting through my to do list and replacing my travel cosmetics and toiletries after my West Coat trip. Some things I bring to California I wont need and some things I need to stock up on as I wont be able to get them if I need them.

It still does not seem real. I've been planning for a Disney cruise for 3 years, and then had 2 cancelled. I feel like I know the ship from all the YouTube videos I have watched but I know its so very different actually experiencing it.
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 22, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
jonny_b
Proud to wear my Ears

Hi all ! Anyone had their staterooms selected for GTY yet?

I know some have but it’s killing me waiting !
jonny_b is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 22, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE

Big day today.

Online check in is finally open. It opens at midnight Orlando time which is 5am Ireland / UK time. I set my alarm for 4.30am and had everything ready to go. I refreshed at exactly 5am and the button was there.

I had previously watched a YouTube video with screencaps so I was familiar with how the various screens looked but still it was a bit nerve wrecking, especially so early when I was still half asleep.

I managed to get an 11.30am PAT time and Boarding Group 6 which I am happy with.

I want to get on the ship as early as possible so that I have the maximum amount of time onboard. It also means that I will be able to have a proper lunch.

Now that I have my PAT I can finalize my Embarkation day plans. I need to book a taxi from my hotel to the port, which I will do when I get to Dover.

I have also booked the ticketed Princess Meet and Greet for the first day at sea. This is one of the new activities on board, which is just returning to the cruises.
Old 6 Aug 22, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Information To Save For Later

The Health Questionnaire will appear on The App on the day of sailing.
It asks if you have tested positive within the last 10 days.
It also asks if you have been a close contact within 14 days.
Old 9 Aug 22, 11:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE

During my online check in my headshot wasnt accepted. I left it for a few days to see if it would be manually checked and accepted. It wasn't, so today I did another photo and this time uploaded it from my phone and this has been accepted.

So now my personal information is at Pending Review Status.

This is the nerve wrecking bit. As the personal details, things like the ID information and the photos have to be manually checked by DCL staff, it can take a while for the status to change from Pending Review to Ready To Sail.

I have seen reports that some peoples status didn't change until a few days before their sail date.

Another thing I have done is booked The Heathrow Express to Paddington and then I will get the tube to Kings Cross / St Pancras.

I have never done this before, usually I just get the tube, but this time I am on a timed schedule. I have a ticket booked on a specific train to Dover which I have to be on. The Heathrow Express is 15 minutes travel time and then its 20 minutes to Kings Cross / St Pancras on the tube. The Piccadilly Line from Heathrow to Kings Cross / St Pancras can take over an hour and it has a longer walk to the South Eastern train platforms.

It cost me £18 but I feel its worth it for the peace of mind of a shorter travel time.

On my return journey home to Ireland, I'll just get the tube I have an afternoon flight and I have plenty of time to get to Heathrow.

I have now almost finished my to do list before my packing starts. I wont start packing until the day before my flight but I have a box where I am gathering all the items I need for my cruise.

I have also made a packing list which I add to every so often when I think of things to bring with me.
Old 14 Aug 22, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

UPDATE

During my Online Check In to get through it faster I didn't put my travel information, I just put as little as possible to make sure the sections were completed so that my Port Arrival Form would be generated and I would get as early a PAT as I could.

I have now gone back and updated my travel information, I have put in my correct flight details and travel arrangements to and from the Port. My Personal Details section is still Pending Approval, which means DCL have not checked my ID documents yet.

When I logged in to the DCL website I saw that my seating time for MDR has now been assigned. Before it just said Main Dining , now it says 6pm.

I asked my Travel Agent to check with Disney about the theme night, Frozen, as it is not listed on the App. My Travel Agent has confirmed that Frozen Theme night will be Thursday 8th September.

I have also seen on another website that someone called DCL and got confirmation about the films that will be show in Buena Vista Theater, they will be
  • Turning Red
  • Eternals
  • Dr. Strange and the Mulltiverse
  • Big Hero 6
  • Up
  • Raya & Last Dragon
  • Chip & Dale Rescue Rangers
  • Sneakerella
  • Lightyear
  • Thor: Love & Thunder
  • Zombies 3

The new live action Pinocchio is due to premier on Disney+ on September 8, so it is possible we might also see that.

When I did my online check in, my Assembly Station is H. I have found a video on YouTube of the walking track on Deck 4 and from that I have found the exact location of my assembly station.

Due to all the travel disruptions over the last few months, I decided to buy a tracker for my checked bag. I bought the Samsung Smart Tag as I have a Samsung phone, not an iPhone.

I am keeping a close watch on the situation with the train strikes. By law they have to give at least 2 weeks notice, so the next week will be nerve wrecking. By this time next week I should know if my travel days will be affected. Hopefully they wont be, but I have researched National Express buses just in case. I really don't want to go by National Express bus as it will double the journey time from Heathrow to Dover, but at least I know the journey is possible if I need to.
Old 14 Aug 22, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

Update from someone currently on The Magic

Frozen night is night 5 of the cruise, which corresponds to the information I was given by my travel agent. The deck party Freezing The Night Away is on and nothing seems scaled back.
Old 15 Aug 22, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
penguin19
Imagineer

penguin19's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I was on the magic a couple of weeks back - Barcelona to Dover.

We actually got both pirate night and freezing the night away - both were back to normal as far as we could tell.

In fact, everything was back to normal apart from not being able to hug characters / get super close. As 2 adults we got close enough for some nice selfies as we didn't buy the photo package.

We had a wonderful cruise - you'll have a great time I am sure!

DCL - 19,21,21,22,23,23
penguin19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List