Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Apr 22, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go Finally - Day 4 Denny's and Epcot

Day 4 – Denny’s, Epcot, Villa Move and McDonalds

I finally managed to sleep past 4.30am! I was up at 6am followed shortly after by Noah and Thomas. Noah had a shower, then the rest of us did too. We finished our packing and left some luggage in the luggage store at the Holiday Inn as we couldn't fit it all in the car with the pushchair, we would collect it later once we’d checked in to the villa.

This morning was one of our favourite breakfasts. Denny’s. We headed to the Denny’s just along the road from the Holiday Inn but there was a HUGE queue, so I popped it into our Sat Nav and we headed to another one instead. This turned out to be the one on the Irlo Bronson Highway which was near our villa! We were seated within 5 minutes and ordered our drinks.

Breakfast

I don’t seem to have the receipt for this one so I’m not sure what we all ordered I know the kid’s all ordered kid’s meals and Chris a combo meal, he added a side of French toast for me.

Caitlin kids birthday pancakes with a side of bacon:

Thomas kids grand slam:

Noah chocolate chip pancakes with goldfish crackers:

Chris build your own grand slam:

Mine:

Obviously Dino had to come with us ... he didn't come on many more trips as he was way too big

We all thoroughly enjoyed this, it was still a firm favourite of ours for breakfast. Noah choose a side of goldfish crackers even though we knew he didn’t like them from last time I managed a slice of French toast and I really enjoyed it too. I had a 20% off voucher for signing up, we did have a slight issue getting this to work but the manager overrode it and applied the discount. Much better than IHOP in our opinion. Denny’s is a must do for us now for sure!

Total with tip was $33.96

We then set off to Epcot which thankfully wasn't as busy as Magic Kingdom yesterday. We popped into a shop near Spaceship Earth where Thomas bought a Pluto hat.

We then went for our first DAS Pass which was Mission Space at 11am. We did the green mission as I suffer with motion sickness which was fine. Thomas is desperate to try the orange mission but I know I couldn’t stomach it and Chris is quite apprehensive too. The boys played in the play area for a bit as we came out then we headed to Spaceship Earth for our second DAS Pass. The regular queue was 80 minutes!

We left the pushchair at the stroller park but another time that we wish we hadn’t, we weren’t sure what triggered Noah but he began trying to hit out at us, I’m not sure if it was because the queue line is very narrow and with him being small he may have felt boxed in? I eventually managed to calm him and we got through to the ride. The ride stopped 3 times, I think we ended up being on about 20 minutes Noah said he really enjoyed this which I was surprised at, as it doesn’t go fast

When we’d queued for Mission Space I had managed to nab a DAS return time for Test Track at 12.22pm. We got there around 12.40 and managed to also secure a return time for Remy at 2.13pm. As usual we all loved Test Track, Caitlin and Thomas created a car and Noah, Chris and I created one, ours won … woohoo!

We were feeling a little peckish by now so we headed round to world showcase as I had my eye on the poutine! Obviously we had to stop for some photo opportunities and to get some of the 50th statues

Lunch

I consulted my snack/lunch list and seen we had the poutine from The Refreshment Port, there wasn’t much of a queue so I went and grabbed some and some free iced water. The kids ate their lunchables and snacks. We really enjoyed the poutine, there was plenty of cheese curds and gravy and the fries were slightly salty. I would definitely get this again, the amount I ate filled me up but Chris found it more of a snack than a meal he did let me have most of the cheese curds though for the protein

This was $7.50

We then headed round to Remy grabbing some photo ops on the way. Noah was in foul mood and completely refused to join in again

We all absolutely loved this, the kids were so surprised as we didn't tell them it was 4D. I’d managed to snag a return time for Living With The Land, can you believe after 2 trips this was our first time doing this ride.

On the way Chris said he was really hungry so we stopped at a cart and got a Mickey Pretzel to share, this actually ended up being our only Mickey Pretzel of the trip! Now I thought it had shrunk compared to 2018 but looking at photos I don’t think it had, just my eyes bigger than my belly … literally this time It was ok but not the nicest pretzel, Chris pretty much devoured it but I think that was more through hunger. We also got the kids a blue frozen raspberry drink but we somehow forgot to get a photo.

We wandered round to Living With The Land, this area seemed very busy! I thought the kids would whinge it was boring but they actually enjoyed learning about the plants and the fact that Disney use the produce to make the foods we eat

Noah had been very grumpy today, I think it's a mixture of the jet lag catching up with him, the heat and just everything. He point blank refused to have any photos taken and was lashing out and hitting the other 2 in the queues so we decided to call it a day after our living with the land return time. We managed to get Noah in some photos finally and he perked up when he seen Pluto and Goofy as we were leaving. Pluto loved Thomas's hat!

We got some lovely photopass photographer photos at the front of the ball and some beautiful photos of the kids where they weren't actually looking like they hate each other

This morning I'd received an email stating we had reservations for dates we didn't have park tickets for and if it wasn't resolved today they would be cancelled tomorrow! I’d been trying throughout the day to solve it through chat on the Disney app but they couldn’t help and told us to go to Guest Services in the park. I had tried several times but the queues were huge so decided to do it on the way out instead.

The CM was lovely, but explained it was to do with Attraction Tickets, they’d sent us Ultimate Tickets not the new Magic Tickets, she asked if I could call them to rectify it but I explained it was now 10pm in the UK and they wouldn’t be open. After almost an hour the CM sorted it. She gave us the extra 3 days as complimentary tickets and assigned the Photopass to one of them too for us. She did suggest I contact Attraction Tickets as they’d obviously sold us the wrong ones, but I completely forgot about it until now, so I do need to email them to make them aware!

Chris took some photos whilst waiting.

It was now almost 5pm, we had intended to check in to the villa at 4pm but as usual that didn’t happen. So off we headed to Emerald Island Resort. I'd heard how much better the 192 was compared to I4... Well whoever said that jinxed us we were stuck in traffic from WDW for a couple of mile down the 192 for about 20 minutes! We eventually got checked in to our villa at 5.45pm. The villa was beautiful as is the resort. We had a 10 bed villa that we got from The Dibb villas! The kids were over the moon at having a room each. Right now I don’t have pictures of the villa as Chris took a video for the vlog so I need to wait till he’s took the screen grabs for the recording, in the meantime, this is the one we had emeraldhunnypot/

We unpacked the car of the cases, dumped them and headed back to the Holiday Inn to collect the case we left this morning. It was then we realised we’d left the pushchair in the car and had to go to Walmart … oops! $222 later and we had to play tetris in the car to get all the shopping in, Mr Grump was very hangry and almost chewing his arm off as well as chewing my head off so before I took the car keys and left him we decided to pop to McDonald's on the way back.

Dinner

Back at the villa we unloaded the car and ate food, it was gone 9pm now. The photos for this are not the best so I apologise right now, Chris was very hangry (thinking back he’d barely eaten all day) I don’t get hungry since my op so I eat more because I know I need to rather than because I’m hungry. I could go all day without eating and only know I needed to because I feel faint Chris hadn’t ate anything since our pretzel at 3pm, it was now 8.20pm! Caitlin had 2 bacon cheeseburgers, Chris wanted a big mac meal and a quarter pounder so we got these 2 share. The boys got a 20 box of nuggets and shared my fries. I actually found this meal very expensive, I remember thinking the same on our 2019 trip. For this same meal at home we generally pay around £20, but it filled everyone up and they were happy.

Total was $32.31

I got Noah settled in bed and the rest of us began the unpacking of the cases and shopping, we eventually finished at 10.45pm

Not the most exciting day but definitely a tiring one, more so than MK yesterday I think and there was me thinking it would be a nice chilled one ha!

Edited at 07:33 PM.
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Kelly you seem to of had a good day , love that Noah was in the last lot of photos, they are so lovely ☺️
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Apr 22, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkerbell
Imagineer

Tinkerbell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lovely photos of the children xx
Tinkerbell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Always loads of walking at Epcot, no wonder you were all tired.
Seems like a great day and the picture of all the kids together is lovely.
Great outfit again.
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:16 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Kelly you seem to of had a good day , love that Noah was in the last lot of photos, they are so lovely ☺️
Emma x
They are definitely some of our favourite photos of the kids, the photographer suggested photos of the kids and Chris and I alone which was nice x

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Lovely photos of the children xx
They really are <3 thank you x

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Always loads of walking at Epcot, no wonder you were all tired.
Seems like a great day and the picture of all the kids together is lovely.
Great outfit again.
Yeah we didn't think it out too well in the planning but it was such a lovely day and we didn't feel like we were rushing places either which helped a lot, thank you, the outfit photos do stop soon as I didn't really have a good full length mirror to take a picture in, in the villa x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

What a busy day. Glad you enjoyed it. Good photos of all your children.
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

You got some beautiful photos from this day.

It sounds quite tough with Noah, so happy he started joining in and smiling, the magic of Disney characters!

Love your dress. Where is it from? 😁
lfc_sarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by disneypars View Post
What a busy day. Glad you enjoyed it. Good photos of all your children.
Thank you, they're definitely some of our faves of them, particularly as the eldest refuses to have photos taken of her now as she's too cool at 15 x

Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
You got some beautiful photos from this day.

It sounds quite tough with Noah, so happy he started joining in and smiling, the magic of Disney characters!

Love your dress. Where is it from? 😁
Thank you! The characters really helped him come out of his shell and I'm so pleased, it was something we missed alot this time but we did get to see a few thankfully.

Thank you It's actually a playsuit! Chris got me it from Ali Express I think, I was very conscious in it due to the straps being tied, I kept imagining a wardrobe malfunction ahh the pessimist in me xx
Old 9 Apr 22, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love all the gold statues, I can't wait to see them this summer. Lots of fun rides today and weather looks perfect, beautiful blue sky. You've never done living with the land before, I guess it's not the kids first choice.

Your photopass pictures on your way out are all lovely, it really looks like the kids are enjoying themselves, I love that fish bowl one of spaceship earth and it looks great.

A pain about your tickets, but at least the guest services people could eventually help you out.

I bet the kids were all really pleased to have their own space after being couped up together in the hotel.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Apr 22, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another busy but great day and some lovely photos

Joan