Notices

Old 26 May 22, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We’re hoping to see the Louvre, Notre Dame, Champs Elysee and Eiffel Tower, so if it’s all possible we’ll try and work a route around that nearer the date.

Sorry NF, didn’t mean to highjack the thread 😀 I’m pleased to hear DGD is feeling well and I hope you enjoy your trip, including Paris. I’m looking forward to hearing about it all when you get back
Definitely possible .
After Eiffel Tower we walked to champs elysee RER and that was a direct train back to Disney.
Have done the louvre before so didn’t visit this time.
Hope you and NF enjoy your trips.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:12 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Definitely possible .
After Eiffel Tower we walked to champs elysee RER and that was a direct train back to Disney.
Have done the louvre before so didn’t visit this time.
Hope you and NF enjoy your trips.
Thank you, possibly best to get the RER to the champs Elysee and start there then and return back to the same station to return at the end of the day. It will be tiring I’m sure but a lovely change from the parks one day.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Champs Elysee is pretty boring to be honest, unless you like stupidly expensive shops.

The Louvre could take a whole day unless you just want to see the outside.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Thank you, possibly best to get the RER to the champs Elysee and start there then and return back to the same station to return at the end of the day. It will be tiring I’m sure but a lovely change from the parks one day.
That will be a massive walk, we walked miles , at least 6 and that was without doing a loop so I’d probably check that on Google maps and definitely use Google maps when over there and walking.
Oh a weird thing I’ve just remembered though, there seems to be a 4G dead zone around the Eiffel Tower.
Neither of us could get any reception until we were about 10 mins away . Very odd.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
What about getting a HOHO bus?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
Champs Elysee is pretty boring to be honest, unless you like stupidly expensive shops.

The Louvre could take a whole day unless you just want to see the outside.
DD really would love to see the Louvre but I did think it was going to be a push in a day. Seems we will need to have a good check on Google maps and work out a doable itinerary. Thank you again for the helpful info 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
That will be a massive walk, we walked miles , at least 6 and that was without doing a loop so I’d probably check that on Google maps and definitely use Google maps when over there and walking.
Oh a weird thing I’ve just remembered though, there seems to be a 4G dead zone around the Eiffel Tower.
Neither of us could get any reception until we were about 10 mins away . Very odd.
That’s a good plan, I think we will work out an itinerary before we go and see what’s possible.

How very strange that there’s no 4G around the Eiffel Tower area, also useful to know though. Thanks again
Old 26 May 22, 06:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
What about getting a HOHO bus?
My only experience of a HOHO bus was in New York. We enjoyed it, but found we didn’t get very far with it due to the huge volume of traffic and the amount of hopping on and off everyone did 😂 I don’t know if it’s a better option in Paris though
Old 26 May 22, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

My only experience of a HOHO bus was in New York. We enjoyed it, but found we didn’t get very far with it due to the huge volume of traffic and the amount of hopping on and off everyone did 😂 I don’t know if it’s a better option in Paris though
It is VERY busy on the roads round there, not exactly NYC standards but not too far off, especially around the Champs.
Old 27 May 22, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Today Jubilee picnic at nursery, tomorrow…..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List