Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Jun 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

We are quite repetitive when it comes to holidays. By that I mean we know what we like now.
We like going to America, it’s easy, I’m not going to deny that.
We do love going to Disney, WDW that is. Been to Disneyland Paris, not interested in going back. That was when we were younger.
We are going to Disneyland in December for a couple of days for the first time, when we are in Scottsdale. ( a new destination for us).
Been to Vegas loads, done a few west coast trips and love Palm Springs. Wasn’t too fussy on New York, and we absolutely love The Carolina’s, especially Pinehurst and HHI. We will always go here.
There are quite a few places in the States that I want to go, Lake Tahoe, Oregon, North Dakota, some of the baseball stadium, New England to name a few, and I’m sure we will.
Just because we go back to WDW doesn’t mean we don’t go elsewhere. Also, I’m not that interested in Vlogs, sometimes we watch them but very rarely, I don’t spend a fortune on merch, I have 1 set of ears that I got for the 50th anniversary and 2 pins. I think that’s about it. We have only stayed onsite 2 times.
I just love the feeling of being there. But…. I can only really manage a few days then need to get out and about, that’s where dh golf comes into play as we get out and about for that.
I actually don’t even know why I am saying all this as it doesn’t matter at all…… we go with the opinion that everyone’s holiday is their holiday. Spend your own money on whatever makes you happy!
Old 29 Jun 22, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
What annoys me about myself is that I will say I don’t care what people think about my holidays then feel the need to rhyme off all the places in the world that I’ve been. Actually it’s no one’s business if I travel the world, go to the same place or stay in my home town. It would be sad if I didn’t know there was a big wide world out there and if I was in a situation where I was unable to travel but I can and this is what I choose to do.
What I do find interesting is the people who say “ oh I don’t care what other people do” but feel the need to throw in a negative comment about it. So really you do care then?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 22, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
theotherblonde
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

My husband thinks my obsession for WDW is mad and has said in multiple times that we will go but because it is essential as if it was written into our marriage vows 😂😂

I have been 4 times since I was a baby. I believe my experiences of going with my parents and the memories made makes it kind of like nostalgia for me. It’s so much more than a holiday and is an experience.

I do think that my obsession became heightened during the pandemic and I got hooked on pricing holidays, watching vlogs about every room and hotel tour, getting knee deep into the off and on-site debate and coming on websites like this one. I discovered through all of this is that there is so much more to Disney than I have ever experienced and I want to to experience it all if money allowed.

I don’t think or dream about other holiday locations in the same way I do for Disney. But at the same time I am not really into Disney films, merchandise unless I was in a park and wanted to buy in the moment or having my house decorated in this way. I did want to call my baby boy Walt but husband did not agree 😂😂

We plan to go next year hopefully but for the moment I just have to enjoy all I can through vlogs and reading about other travellers experiences.
theotherblonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I mean I guess there are valid points in there, crying at the sight of a fake castle as a grown person is a bit troublesome.

Some people do take the obsession to the unhealthy levels, but most people are balanced..

I think most people view orlando/florida as a place for excitement and enjoyment, it isn't just disney- its the whole thing( food, shopping, weather etc) along with the themeparks.

I think if you take it as it is , a nice place to visit and a holiday destination there is nothing wrong with it.
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by cameroon95 View Post
I mean I guess there are valid points in there, crying at the sight of a fake castle as a grown person is a bit troublesome.

Some people do take the obsession to the unhealthy levels, but most people are balanced..

I think most people view orlando/florida as a place for excitement and enjoyment, it isn't just disney- its the whole thing( food, shopping, weather etc) along with the themeparks.

I think if you take it as it is , a nice place to visit and a holiday destination there is nothing wrong with it.
Well I don’t think there’s anything wrong with welling up at something that creates strong emotion. There’s an element of escapism and happiness that often leads to tears in someone prone to crying. I don’t think that’s any worse than crying at a movie or TV show which I do frequently. Is that “troublesome”?

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Stitchesmumanddad
VIP Dibber

Love it !
I never ever care what people think about me ….. I now have a new groups of haters to taunt
Lol
Old 5 Jul 22, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
cameroon95
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Well I don’t think there’s anything wrong with welling up at something that creates strong emotion. There’s an element of escapism and happiness that often leads to tears in someone prone to crying. I don’t think that’s any worse than crying at a movie or TV show which I do frequently. Is that “troublesome”?
Crying at a tv show or movie with character development , strong writing and actual acting direction designed to provoke a response from a viewer- yeah totally normal.

Sincerely crying at a fake castle and cartoon characters (designed for kids lets be honest) as a grown adult - not a normal behaviour for most people .
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Crying at a tv show or movie with character development , strong writing and actual acting direction designed to provoke a response from a viewer- yeah totally normal.

Sincerely crying at a fake castle and cartoon characters (designed for kids lets be honest) as a grown adult - not a normal behaviour for most people .
That’s sad that you feel that way. An emotional response can be evoked by many things. Often it’s nostalgia for the things that we remember from childhood. I don’t see how you can possibly judge what is “normal” when you have no idea of anyone else’s circumstances.

Trip Report Index
Old 5 Jul 22, 09:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

For many it brings back a lot of memories from childhood. I’ve shed a tear when watching the fireworks and listening to the music. In those days we did not have hundreds of tv stations, video games or the internet . When we watched a film a Saturday matinee it was a real treat and not something you did every week. You could not watch something instantly like you can today. The world we have today makes everything accessible and maybe that spoils some of the magic of having to wait and see.
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 22, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
stacy87
Very Serious Dibber

I can't speak for others, but for me, when I see the castle at Magic Kingdom for the first time on a trip I well up. It's not about the castle as such, for me it's about what the castle represents. To say that it's not "normal behaviour for most people" is pretty demeaning to those who are more emotional people - which is absolutely fine! No one should ever be made to feel ashamed for their reactions/emotions as it's such a personal thing.
stacy87 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List