Notices

Old 1 Jun 22, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Legoland

We’ve booked to go to Legoland in August, staying at Heathrow airport with a 2 day ticket.

We’ve never been before and DD, 7, I think can just about go on everything, she’s measuring at 1.15m.

So, what would be the best plan of attack for the park? I know she definitely wants to get her Lego driving licence (probably so she can wave it in my face, as I wasn’t old enough in 1988 to get mine at Billund my brother though still possesses his licence.)
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

I’d go to the driving school early on, it gets super busy. She will be tall enough for everything. My 7 yr old was. Also get mythica in early too as that gets mental. The shop get a queue later on near closing so take a moment to go there in the day if you can.
Also buy the fast pass thing if possible as they do get big queues. The mini village and that general end stays quiet all day so do that when you need a break. The dragon is a walk on late on too.
Shows are well worth a watch.
We love Legoland, it’s my families favourite U.K. theme park! Have a fab time!
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Ah perfect, maybe we do driving school first on day 1 and Mythica on day 2, and the work the rest around that.

Do you mean the virtual queue pass thing? Think it’s £25pp on the days we’re going.
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jun 22, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Yes that’s a good plan. The queues are a bit dull and so those two get so busy I’d do them easily as it’s boring queuing.
Mythica is just like Soarin it’s so weird! It’s a really great ride.
Yes that’s the one the queues can be looonnnggg.
2012 - Sept The 'anniversary trip' SSR. - 2013 - October the bonus trip to POR
2015 - 20th trip!September WLV first trip with DD!
2017 - Sept Poly first trip with two toddlers!
2018 - May AKV & POR the last before school trip.
2019 - May SSR & Kidani
2022 - April Poly, SSR, WLV
2023 - POFQ & AKL
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 22, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Mythica can vary a lot, we’ve seen it switch very quickly between ridiculous queues to 15 minute waits. Can be a bit of a lottery!

Driving school is horrendous queue wise, even with the ride reserve system it can build over half an hour and normal queue is over an hour easily most the day. Definitely rope drop that one.

The one ride your DD May struggle with is Mias riding adventure which I believe is a 1.2 restriction I’m afraid.

We do love legoland, but the queues are a problem there. If you can get reserve and ride, then do. If not, use the app prodigiously, and stay as late as you can as the queues do drop dramatically as park closing time approaches.

Have fun!
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 22, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
Mythica can vary a lot, we’ve seen it switch very quickly between ridiculous queues to 15 minute waits. Can be a bit of a lottery!

Driving school is horrendous queue wise, even with the ride reserve system it can build over half an hour and normal queue is over an hour easily most the day. Definitely rope drop that one.

The one ride your DD May struggle with is Mias riding adventure which I believe is a 1.2 restriction I’m afraid.

We do love legoland, but the queues are a problem there. If you can get reserve and ride, then do. If not, use the app prodigiously, and stay as late as you can as the queues do drop dramatically as park closing time approaches.

Have fun!
Ah great advice, we’ve got 2 days, and staying down the night before so definitely can get at least 1 rope drop in, and stay till closing if needed

1 ride out of them all to miss, is good going for us
2026 - maybe...
Old 17 Aug 22, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Thank you to those who offered advice, we’re just on our way home after 2 fab days at Legoland.

We did Driving School first yesterday, got it done in 15 minutes and then got stuck in the queue on Coastguard 🤦 Even though it rained on and off yesterday we spent the whole day there and got loads done. DD loved the Haunted Mansion, even though she was resistant at first, and Ninjago was her favourite, we did it again today!

Today we went straight to the Sky Lion and joined the queue at 10:10, even then it still took us an hour to get on, but well worth it. I loved the Hydra challenge, it was definitely more fun than it looked, and we mopped up what we missed yesterday, but avoided wet rides and didn’t go in the Duplo area or splash park. No rain today which was a bonus, but we left just as a thunderstorm was rolling in.

Definitely recommend if you’ve got kids, our daughter is 7 and she is the absolutely perfect age for it. We reckon if we went again we’d have to do it before she’s 10.

I’d also say you need 2 days unless you’re willing to pay for Reserve and Ride. We did a full day yesterday and half day today, would’ve easily managed another half day re-riding stuff and going on the splash park.

EDIT: could not believe how many people didn’t know how a tea cup (spinning spider) works. I think there was only us actually turning the wheel in the middle.
2026 - maybe...

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Old 17 Aug 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsmickey
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Thank you to those who offered advice, we’re just on our way home after 2 fab days at Legoland.

We did Driving School first yesterday, got it done in 15 minutes and then got stuck in the queue on Coastguard 🤦 Even though it rained on and off yesterday we spent the whole day there and got loads done. DD loved the Haunted Mansion, even though she was resistant at first, and Ninjago was her favourite, we did it again today!

Today we went straight to the Sky Lion and joined the queue at 10:10, even then it still took us an hour to get on, but well worth it. I loved the Hydra challenge, it was definitely more fun than it looked, and we mopped up what we missed yesterday, but avoided wet rides and didn’t go in the Duplo area or splash park. No rain today which was a bonus, but we left just as a thunderstorm was rolling in.

Definitely recommend if you’ve got kids, our daughter is 7 and she is the absolutely perfect age for it. We reckon if we went again we’d have to do it before she’s 10.

I’d also say you need 2 days unless you’re willing to pay for Reserve and Ride. We did a full day yesterday and half day today, would’ve easily managed another half day re-riding stuff and going on the splash park.

EDIT: could not believe how many people didn’t know how a tea cup (spinning spider) works. I think there was only us actually turning the wheel in the middle.
If she did love it, then definitely have a look at billund. My husband went as a child and it’s hugely different now, my 8 year old thought it was amazing (it’s better for slightly older kids than the U.K. park) and you can also go to the Lego house. Much shorter queues and less than 2 hour flight from Heathrow….
mrsmickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsmickey View Post
If she did love it, then definitely have a look at billund. My husband went as a child and it’s hugely different now, my 8 year old thought it was amazing (it’s better for slightly older kids than the U.K. park) and you can also go to the Lego house. Much shorter queues and less than 2 hour flight from Heathrow….
I went to Billund when I was 5, and I’m 40 in 4 weeks! Hence my comment in my original post about not being old enough for my driving licence, but my brother has his, honestly I’ve not held a grudge at all for 34 years but in all honesty I can’t remember much at all as I was only young at the time.

We’ve got Orlando next year, so probably won’t look to go anywhere else until 2024, but I’ll keep it in mind. Although hubby is now considering a Merlin annual pass, we are only an hour from Alton Towers, but the key is actually using it.

As for DD she’s currently watching YouTube videos of the rides we’ve just been on.
2026 - maybe...