Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Jul 22, 09:59 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go - Day 15 - Typhoon Lagoon, Chicken Guy and Disney Springs

Day 15 – Typhoon Lagoon, Disney Mini Golf and Disney Springs

This morning started off by being woken by our very noisy neighbours, they 2 days before and were up talking and playing music outside till gone midnight, it was the same last night then this morning they were talking and screaming in the pool at 7.40am

Now I'm not a grump but generally if we're up early we always remind the kids to be quiet whether we're in a villa/hotel just out of courtesy to other guests but it's seems other guests just don't care :d maybe we shouldn't either in future? Anyway enough of my moan

I got up and made waffles, bacon and egg for breakfast then we packed the bag with swimwear and towels and headed off to Typhoon Lagoon for 9.50am. It already seemed pretty busy when we arrived. We roped dropped and went to bag our seats at 10am and decided to try and get the water slides done before the crowds as it was a Sunday. I can never remember what slides we actually did but we did enjoy them

We then had a relax (well as relaxing as Noah could make it ) round the lazy river. We all had a good laugh at Chris trying to sit in the dingy and he went flying backwards into the water he even caught it on camera! Chris and the boys went in the wave pool whilst Caitlin and I chilled, I read my book and she was on her phone. Caitlin wasn't feeling great, I think a mixture of not eating much and the hot weather, I kept reminding her to drink water and snack

Lunch

Kids had their packed lunches as usual, and Chris and I headed to Leaning Palms and shared a cheeseburger, chips and 50th anniversary refillable mug, in hindsight we should have got the mug at the start of the day We originally asked for 2 drinks then noticed the refillable mug so asked to swap to this, they ended up giving us the refillable mug and 2 drinks too. We paid in cash here and we actually don’t have the receipt here so I’ve done a guestimate of the price from online.

We really enjoyed the burger.

The boys went to play in the pool whilst I read and Caitlin texted friends. We then went for another round of the lazy river only this time Noah got stuck under the waterfall in his dingy I had to go back and pull him through. When we got back I read some more of my book and Caitlin got changed as she said she wasn't going in the water anymore. The boys and Chris went in the pool again. By 2.30pm we all got changed and sorted, refilled our mug and left the park.

We drove to the Swan Reserve to do the Fantasia Mini Golf which is included in our tickets. Caitlin sat it out as she didn't feel too good still. We had a really good time although Noah did get over excited and over emotional at times. Chris managed to get 4 hole in 1s (Thomas said he cheated )

After this we headed to Disney Springs, I knew it would be busy as it was a Sunday evening (rookie error) we were supposed to do this on Wednesday when we were sorting the car, but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated.

Dinner

Chicken Guy and Polite Pig was on my list, Chris decided he wanted to try Chicken Guy. The queue was outside and seemed pretty big! We sent Caitlin and Thomas find a table whilst we waited. We only ended up waiting about 5-10 minutes outside which wasn’t too bad.

Chris wanted to try EVERYTHING in here so went a little overboard with ordering haha.

Chris, Caitlin, Thomas and Noah shared the 3 and 5 tenders combo’s which came with fries and a drink each. Noah wouldn’t eat the chicken so just ate some of the fries, Caitlin and Thomas enjoyed the chicken. Chris got donkey sauce, bourbon brown sugar BBQ, buttermilk ranch and garlic parmesan. They all really enjoyed these and there was still some chicken to bring home too! My favourite sauce was the buttermilk ranch, Chris said he was a little disappointed with the BBQ but enjoyed the rest.

He also wanted to try the Mac N Cheese so we got a side of that.

Obviously my option was a chopped chicken Caesar salad and it did not disappoint, I obviously brought the rest home to snack on over the next few days!

Chris also wanted a Strawberry Milkshake.

Next we had another little mooch around World of Disney which was super busy! We picked up another mug, some mints for my work colleagues and a 50th fridge magnet for us. There was nowhere else we wanted to go and it was just getting busier so we left and headed to Target

We grabbed a Starbucks and a few bits we needed, we also got some sweets for friends at home 😊and Noah got some for his class at school.

We got back to villa at 8.20pm, Noah had his supper and went to bed, I tidied round and sorted things from today. Caitlin decided to have an early night, so Chris Thomas and I went for a dip in the hot tub, which wasn't very hot, looks like whilst we'd been out the pool had been refilled and cleaned out. We still sat in it in the hope it would warm up, which it did, then I realised I'd burnt my foot and legs today. I put suncream on my chest, face and back but clearly didn’t think about my legs I was so annoyed at myself as I’d got this far with no burn and that’s an achievement haha.

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 22, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the sunburn 🥵

Joan
Old 13 Jul 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ouch your poor leg! We love typhoon lagoon, such a fun, laid back, water park. I can't wait to get in that lazy river. I reckon it may even be relaxing this year - usually Max manages to make it into a race! Nice end to the evening in the hot tub.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Oh Kelly that sunburn looked sore !
Chris really did give the Chicken Guy menu a good go 🤣 your Caesar salad looked good 😊
Emma x
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 22, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame about the sunburn 🥵

Joan
My own fault really, but lesson learned, cream everywhere in the waterparks! X

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Ouch your poor leg! We love typhoon lagoon, such a fun, laid back, water park. I can't wait to get in that lazy river. I reckon it may even be relaxing this year - usually Max manages to make it into a race! Nice end to the evening in the hot tub.
It's a lovely waterpark, Chris was really disappointed though as he expected Blizzard Beach to be open as it was closed in the October when we went in 2018 as he's never been (I went in 2003) Just means we have to go back again

That sounds perfect, I'd love a nice relaxing lazy river, maybe one day X

Originally Posted by WIGGYSMUM View Post
Oh Kelly that sunburn looked sore !
Chris really did give the Chicken Guy menu a good go 🤣 your Caesar salad looked good 😊
Emma x
It was totally my own fault though. It made me laugh so much, he really did didn't he. It was one of my fave caesar salads, so tasty and so much chicken! Xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 22, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A lovely morning at Typhoon Lagoon and from your pictures, it didn't seem too busy for a weekend. Your food from chicken guy looks really good. I've heard lots of good things about it. A shame you got sunburn but it's so easy to do in the water parks.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 22, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A lovely morning at Typhoon Lagoon and from your pictures, it didn't seem too busy for a weekend. Your food from chicken guy looks really good. I've heard lots of good things about it. A shame you got sunburn but it's so easy to do in the water parks.
It really wasn't, I definitely think it helped being the beginning of March I done so well all the holiday too with sunburn! I'd 100% recommend Chicken Guy if you get chance xx