Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Jul 22, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Teppan Edo

Can anyone confirm that they are stopping the Teppenyaki service for dinner. It’s not showing on the menu any longer, my MDE has updated to say Tokyo Dining.

I’ll need to rebook elsewhere if so.

Thanks in advance.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have not heard of anything changing, the menu looks like it always has and the restaurant main page confirms chefs cook in front of you, where did you hear of changes?

I am not sure what you mean by something updating in MDE? I have never seen anyone report that their restaurants have been changed but perhaps I am misunderstanding.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

It’s in the DfB newsletter this week. Dinner menu has changed significantly but lunch still looks the same.

Are you allowed to post links and i’ll post the details.

The menus on MDE have been updated to show the different lunch and dinner menu.

Edited at 07:13 AM.
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

There has been an update from from what I see they still have a main that is ‘cooked over fire’ if you translate from Japanese - so I think they still do the same but have tweaked to add more different mains
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
tiger01204
Apprentice Imagineer

Thanks you for all the replies.

Definitely some changes then but hopefully retaining the ‘show’.
tiger01204 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 22, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by tiger01204 View Post
Can anyone confirm that they are stopping the Teppenyaki service for dinner. It’s not showing on the menu any longer, my MDE has updated to say Tokyo Dining.
Tokyo Dining is another restaurant - albeit in the same building. IIRC Tokyo Dining is to the left and Teppan Edo to the right.

They're still listed separately on the Disney Website as well:

disneyworld/dining.../tokyo-dining/
disneyworld/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/

and Teppan Edo's description clearly states:

"Every seat has an excellent view when Teppan chefs cook traditional Japanese dishes right at your table."

However, the menus do now seem to be identical - if that is the case I don't see why anyone would pay the same price to eat the same food in Tokyo Dining, but not get the show element.
Old 29 Jul 22, 01:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by assos View Post
Tokyo Dining is another restaurant - albeit in the same building. IIRC Tokyo Dining is to the left and Teppan Edo to the right.

They're still listed separately on the Disney Website as well:

disneyworld/dining.../tokyo-dining/
disneyworld/dining/epcot/teppan-edo/

and Teppan Edo's description clearly states:

"Every seat has an excellent view when Teppan chefs cook traditional Japanese dishes right at your table."

However, the menus do now seem to be identical - if that is the case I don't see why anyone would pay the same price to eat the same food in Tokyo Dining, but not get the show element.
I like that sort of food but dislike the show element so I'd happily go to Tokyo Dining.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I wonder if this is a mistake? Have they put the wrong menu up?
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sstardust
Earning More Ears

I booked Teppan Edo for 6.20pm for my upcoming holiday and on my MDE it showed as Tokyo dining! So I managed to book another Teppan Edofor 3.50pm on same day and then in MDE it said Teppan Edo ( have cancelled the later one as wanted the show cooking element)

Sstardust
Sstardust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
assos
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sstardust View Post
I booked Teppan Edo for 6.20pm for my upcoming holiday and on my MDE it showed as Tokyo dining! So I managed to book another Teppan Edofor 3.50pm on same day and then in MDE it said Teppan Edo ( have cancelled the later one as wanted the show cooking element)
Something fishy going on. I’m wondering if Staffing Shortages mean they can’t staff both sides for Dinner, but rather than “fess up” and show Teppan Edo as closed for Dinner, they’re just quietly changing dinner bookings to Tokyo dining and leaving the poor CM on the ground to deal with it when people don’t realise.