Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 30 Jul 22, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I have had the Beverley Hills Hotel booked a couple of times in recent years but all cancelled for obvious reasons. We have visited and had a meal there in the past when staying at the Beverly Hilton, which is a really nice hotel, I have this booked again for December although I am toying with changing to BHH.

We stayed in Loews Hollywood in January and it was a lovely hotel and we booked a suite too so plenty of room. But we didn’t find the immediate location offered a great deal as non drivers (on that trip).

Years ago, in fact on honeymoon in 2006, we stayed at a place called Grafton on Sunset, it appears to have been renamed Hotel Ziggy quite recently. Anyway it would seem to tick some of your boxes, it is West Hollywood location and actually we found it a great location particularly in the evenings, loads of places to walk to. Definitely not family friendly, pretty trendy, it has a pool but I don’t think it was on the rooftop although I can’t remember. The only thing is, I would maybe find it too young for me now, but I think you might be trendier than I am.

Edited at 11:55 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I have had the Beverley Hills Hotel booked a couple of times in recent years but all cancelled for obvious reasons. We have visited and had a meal there in the past when staying at the Beverly Hilton, which is a really nice hotel, I have this booked again for December although I am toying with changing to BHH.

We stayed in Loews Hollywood in January and it was a lovely hotel and we booked a suite too so plenty of room. But we didn’t find the immediate location offered a great deal as non drivers (on that trip).

Years ago, in fact on honeymoon in 2006, we stayed at a place called Grafton on Sunset, it appears to have been renamed Hotel Ziggy quite recently. Anyway it would seem to tick some of your boxes, it is West Hollywood location and actually we found it a great location particularly in the evenings, loads of places to walk to. Definitely not family friendly, pretty trendy, it has a pool but I don’t think it was on the rooftop although I can’t remember. The only thing is, I would maybe find it too young for me now, but I think you might be trendier than I am.

Thank you Claudette - really very helpful indeed

My partner is a trendy hip guy (working in a hip fast company) and I play catch up. We have friends in West Hollywood hence why we want to be there for a few days (long weekend) without tracking too far - we will have a car (have got a Mustang for over 2 weeks for under £700 all in so very happy with that deal) but dont intend on driving in evening - Lyft etc but doing the day to go to places and hikes etc

A rooftop pool would be nice to have but not essential - I love Marmont and that has a wonderful pool but not rooftop. The Beverly Hilton always makes me think of Whitney when I see it so not sure I could stay there

We are up for staying in more than one place so may BHH for 2 nights and rest at say The London (as recommended and found some amazing suites with views )

Booking several hotels at the moment on free cancellation and will whittle it down inc but loving all the wonderful suggestions

The DIbb is the best for advice - I like to be helpful and I really appreciate others helping me with genuine advice.

Thank you ❤️
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

The new Waldorf Astoria across the street from the Beverly Hilton is gorgeous. Twice the price of course but the restaurant, pool and pool bar are 💯 The Peninsula is also in that triangle. The decor and clientele would be a little too refined/boring for your companion I think but the hard product is lovely. They monogram your pillows!

The little boutique hotels in West Hollywood seem to change names so often it’s hard to keep up! The 1 Hotel is new. Looks nice.

I would also highly recommend the Bel Air for a couples pit stop at some point. I know you go a lot and I honestly can’t put into words the feelings of walking over the bridge and into the hotel/resort grounds. It would be the perfect way to cap off a west coast trip. The suites are to die for - the canyon suites in particular. The spa’s couples experience is heavenly and the GM (Denise Flanders) is a gem with a soft spot for the Brits!

Edited at 12:49 PM.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
The new Waldorf Astoria across the street from the Beverly Hilton is gorgeous. Twice the price of course but the restaurant, pool and pool bar are 💯 The Peninsula is also in that triangle. The decor and clientele would be a little too refined/boring for your companion I think but the hard product is lovely. They monogram your pillows!

The little boutique hotels in West Hollywood seem to change names so often it’s hard to keep up! The 1 Hotel is new. Looks nice.

I would also highly recommend the Bel Air for a couples pit stop at some point. I know you go a lot and I honestly can’t put into words the feelings of walking over the bridge and into the hotel/resort grounds. It would be the perfect way to cap off a west coast trip. The suites are to die for - the canyon suites in particular. The spa’s couples experience is heavenly and the GM (Denise Flanders) is a gem with a soft spot for the Brits!

I went to the Bel Air as a child and have always thought/wanted to go back - maybe this is a time for it

Thank you - if we book I will email Denise for sure and ask for the canyons suite 👍❤️
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Jul 22, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

I woke up feeling a bit low today - partner going out of his way to be wonderful (I let a rude uneducated troll get under my skin yesterday - the effects that had on my MH was immense) but seeing all these wonderful messages and some DM ones really made me feel loved - The DIbb is the best ❤️

Happy planning day for us
Old 31 Jul 22, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Sally95
Earning More Ears

Couple more votes for The London and the BHH. Both excellent hotels. The last time we went to LA we stayed at The Peninsula Hotel. Absolutely loved it! Thought it had the edge over the BHH. Real old school glamour and fantastic service. Their concierge made fantastic recommendations and reservations for us. You can walk to Rodeo Drive, but if not they have an unparalleled fleet of ‘house cars’. We were lucky enough to get the Royals Royce Phantom on more than once occasion. The food was amazing also, and they do have a lovely rooftop restaurant. The bar has a great atmosphere too and we met some very interesting people. Above all of this, I was so impressed that at check out I was wheeling my suitcase and the wheel were squeaking, a man came out from behind reception and offered to oil the wheels! 😂 Amazing service😁
Sally95 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sally95 View Post
Couple more votes for The London and the BHH. Both excellent hotels. The last time we went to LA we stayed at The Peninsula Hotel. Absolutely loved it! Thought it had the edge over the BHH. Real old school glamour and fantastic service. Their concierge made fantastic recommendations and reservations for us. You can walk to Rodeo Drive, but if not they have an unparalleled fleet of ‘house cars’. We were lucky enough to get the Royals Royce Phantom on more than once occasion. The food was amazing also, and they do have a lovely rooftop restaurant. The bar has a great atmosphere too and we met some very interesting people. Above all of this, I was so impressed that at check out I was wheeling my suitcase and the wheel were squeaking, a man came out from behind reception and offered to oil the wheels! 😂 Amazing service😁

Thank you so much. The London is getting many votes but off to discover the Peninsula - sounds decadent and fun in equal measures and as we so enjoy meeting new interesting people it sounds fabulous to me. Thank you again
Old 31 Jul 22, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

The Peninsula is lovely but (at least when we were there - 2017 and 2018) the pool crowd was flat and we were largely ignored in 2018 in favour of “your highness” No idea who she was - from one of the Middle Eastern royal families anyway but she and family sucked up all the attention leaving us feeling very much like we were intruding when we asked for something. We were also taken to dinner in a BMW with Jersey plates as theRolls was used for more important people. The year before we had full use of a Rolls. They even offered to take me to the chemist in it! Whereas the BHH managed to always make us feel welcome. Even when Sharon Stone is across the way they don’t treat her any better or you any worse if that makes sense. That left a bit of a poor taste which probably colours my opinion now. We cut our stay short and headed for the BHH and likely won’t go back. The room was delightfully old fashioned, the monogrammed pillows are a lovely touch, food is great but unless they’ve stepped it up since the Waldorf opened across the road I’m too wary of being there alongside some other highness and getting the short knock. I’m very low maintenance but because these hotels are a significant spend for us I’m a stickler for a level playing field and making all guests welcome.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 22, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
I woke up feeling a bit low today - partner going out of his way to be wonderful (I let a rude uneducated troll get under my skin yesterday - the effects that had on my MH was immense) but seeing all these wonderful messages and some DM ones really made me feel loved - The DIbb is the best ❤️

Happy planning day for us
Glad you’re feeling better. I had to work today. Spent 3 hours being verbally abused by a client who is taking issue with 1 line of a document on our help centre. Myself and a lawyer mostly sitting there while they ranted and raved.Worst part of the job and it takes a lot not to let it get under my skin but on the plus side my tolerance for online nastiness is now 0. Social accounts deleted and unnecessary nastiness here reported immediately 😉
Old 31 Jul 22, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
Glad you’re feeling better. I had to work today. Spent 3 hours being verbally abused by a client who is taking issue with 1 line of a document on our help centre. Myself and a lawyer mostly sitting there while they ranted and raved.Worst part of the job and it takes a lot not to let it get under my skin but on the plus side my tolerance for online nastiness is now 0. Social accounts deleted and unnecessary nastiness here reported immediately 😉
Sorry you had to go through this. I spoke with my lawyer and friends yesterday and feel more reassured got forward today. Life is far to short for intention nastiness which is purely done to inflict hurt,

I hope you can relax and enjoy your evening