Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 8 Aug 22, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Did this twice in last week. Once from within park on Monday- forgot and tried virtual queue about 1.45 and got 830pm but it rained and the time came earlier. Then did it yesterday - refreshed at exactly 7am and got 345pm - but as the day went on, the time came forward to 130pm. It didn’t seem to go down at all.
An amazing ride- my new Disney favourite for sure!
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 11:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Moody230
Excited about Disney

Did this today. Was on MDE primed at 6.55am. Refreshed at bang on 7am and was given boarding group 85. This was roughly a 3.30pm ride time but ends up being brought forward to 2pm

It was an amazing ride and didn’t feel sick at all and this is coming from someone who finds the Simpsons ride nauseating.

From joining the queue to getting off the ride was around 45 minutes
Moody230 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Aug 22, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Andysaurus
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Moody230 View Post
From joining the queue to getting off the ride was around 45 minutes
Ah, this isn't something I gave much thought in planning, just assumed the wait would be 15 minutes tops like a Fastpass lol
Andysaurus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I think it may depend on what time you go
Our first time (9.30am) , I didn't realise you could use LL with DAS so we just joined the virtual queue line which was very quiet and we walked right up to the first room you go in.
2nd time (11am) we used the LL and the virusl queue was long, right down to the entrance. Not sure how long it would take to get through.
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 04:21 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyYoda
Imagineer

So, did the 7am VQ today. Got slot 40ish with a return time of about 12pm I think. We turned up at 5pm and they just let us through…no issues at all 👍.

Great ride but I still feel like I’ve been through a few rounds with Mike Tyson 6 hrs later. Just not up to coasters anymore I think. That said this may be because we rode it again as an ILL 45 mins later and inbetween we did Orange Mission Space. 🤢

Edited at 04:23 AM.
DisneyYoda is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 05:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
We've got a 5/5 success rate for this so far: 3 * 7am, 1 * 1pm and 1 * 6pm, the latter of which was tonight.

My tactic has been to have time.is open on my MacBook Pro (if in the room) or on another phone if out and about. When the time hits XX:59:57 I hit refresh and by the time the screen refreshes, it will give the option to join the queue.

Two observations though...

- Yesterday we tried at 1pm for the first time. I could have tried for the 7am but we were moving from Caribbean Beach to the Yacht Club and I didn't want to have the added complication of Guardians calling us to ride.

However the ride suffered problems in the afternoon and our 6pm-ish arrival drifted later and later and, ultimately, we received a notification that we were not going to be called to ride. Even though we'd ridden it three times previously, we were a bit gutted, but we made up for it by heading to Rise of the Resistance, which was showing 50 minutes, but we were on in about 20.

- We were in Hollywood Studios for an early dinner at Sci-Fi today and all set to try to join the 6pm scramble for Epcot extended evening hours. However, at around 17:40 I checked the app and it said none of our group were eligible due to not having a valid park reservation.

A wonderful cast member called Emily, under one of the Guest Experience blue umbrellas, managed to get us sorted out with about 90 seconds to spare, allowing us to try and get on, and we enjoyed another success.

So, for the 6pm groups, I'm not sure if you should really need an Epcot reservation to join the queue. Like most UK visitors, our tickets are park hoppers and we'd already been to both Animal Kingdom and the Studios today. We were very much "allowed" to visit Epcot without having a park reservation.

But, if you intend to do try for the 6pm queue, check the validity of your group as early as possible - 5pm, I think - and quickly seek help if required.

It's an amazing ride though - very probably my favourite in Orlando, above both Velocicoaster and Hagrid's. We've been very fortunate and had four different tracks on our four rides too!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We are only doing 1 day at Disney with a park hopper pass. We have booked DHS as our first park.

We obviously can't park hop until 2pm.

We planned on then doing AK, then MK.

Wasnt going to bother with Epcot as nothing there that interests us, but this new ride looks interesting.

Is there any chance of us getting a guardians of the galaxy pass?

Edited at 03:16 PM.
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Originally Posted by minnie2010 View Post
We are only doing 1 day at Disney with a park hopper pass. We have booked DHS as our first park.

We obviously can't park hop until 2pm.

We planned on then doing AK, then MK.

Wasnt going to bother with Epcot as nothing there that interests us, but this new ride looks interesting.

Is there any chance of us getting a guardians of the galaxy pass?
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to buy Individual Lightning Lane access if you have a park hopper ticket, getting one for after 2pm.

But you could hit a similar stumbling. Lock to mine yesterday where the app didn’t seem to recognise our park hopper tickets to allow us to try for the 6pm queue.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Aug 22, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie2010
Imagineer

minnie2010's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to buy Individual Lightning Lane access if you have a park hopper ticket, getting one for after 2pm.

But you could hit a similar stumbling. Lock to mine yesterday where the app didn’t seem to recognise our park hopper tickets to allow us to try for the 6pm queue.

I didn't realise you could buy a LL. I thought it was virtual queue only
minnie2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Aug 22, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyYoda View Post
So, did the 7am VQ today. Got slot 40ish with a return time of about 12pm I think. We turned up at 5pm and they just let us through…no issues at all 👍.

Great ride but I still feel like I’ve been through a few rounds with Mike Tyson 6 hrs later. Just not up to coasters anymore I think. That said this may be because we rode it again as an ILL 45 mins later and inbetween we did Orange Mission Space. 🤢
Ah thank you so much for reporting back and being my Guinea pig! 😂 great news about getting on the ride - less so about feeling rough !

Enjoy the rest of your trip! 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List