Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 11 Aug 22, 05:43 AM  
Link to this Post
catskie
New Poster (3)

Genie+ and DAS

I currently have a DAS but haven’t bought genie+ yet. Do you think I need both or just for certain parks?
There will be 8 of us last week in august and I have already done my advance selections.
catskie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by catskie View Post
I currently have a DAS but haven’t bought genie+ yet. Do you think I need both or just for certain parks?
There will be 8 of us last week in august and I have already done my advance selections.
I would think you shouldn't, end of August is typically a quiet time of the year, even so DAS is generally OK without Genie+, you have two rides booked in and can then book additional on the day, you can also book the next one as soon as you have gone through the second touch point in the queue.

Question for you though, you mentioned there are 8 of you, did they provide DAS for 8 people? There are 7 of us and I've been seeing some thing that Disney are strictly enforcing the limit of 6?
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

Unless the person with DAS doesn't want to ride a lot of the same stuff as everyone else you shouldn't need genie+.

With regards to the das limit, in April we were told 6 max when registering at magic Kingdom.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

Can you add 2 rides each dy ro the park if you register when you get there.
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
Can you add 2 rides each dy ro the park if you register when you get there.
I think some people have had some success, others not. You need to do it at least 48 hours before.
dan223 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
MargaretMouse
VIP Dibber

I don’t think I can do with the stress of this, I will just do it when I’m there, it’s a shame they don’t give you the same benefits if you do it on arrival.
Old 11 Aug 22, 01:14 PM  
Link to this Post
dan223
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MargaretMouse View Post
I don’t think I can do with the stress of this, I will just do it when I’m there, it’s a shame they don’t give you the same benefits if you do it on arrival.
It isn't really much stress, just use a VPN, hop on the app at 12pm, speak to a CM, then book your rides in the next chat. Obviously up to you
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Agreed, was an incredibly stress free experience, having everything set up before arriving in the park if anything makes it a much more relaxing experience, plus the benefit of getting to pre book 2 rides per day.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 06:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mariesmith
Imagineer

I didn't want to pre register. I've never done a video call before and no clue about VPN's etc.

With my health didn't see the point in pre booked rides for every day. They are the same as the old fast passes and expire after an hour of the allotted time. I didn't want the pressure of having to be in the parks at certain times of the day.

We registered on our first park morning and managed fine just booking rides one after the other whilst in the park.
Mariesmith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Slore
Very Serious Dibber

We have DAS, with the pre booked rides, and we could cope quite easily without Genie+. However we have too and it’s been incredible. We’ve actually rode everything with lots of times to spare in all parks. Even rode some things twice in MK (which I never thought would happen). Depends if you want a day like that or waiting around waiting for the DAS times.
Slore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List