Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Aug 22, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

Oh you poor thing! I fainted in Mexico one year after having too much sun and not enough water!
It's very hot in Florida at the moment. My 12 yr old son nearly fainted on Main St a couple of weeks ago. We were watching the parade and I turned round to see him looking rather ill!
I quickly took him into a shop where he literally slid down the wall! A lovely cast member was over in an instant to see if he was ok. Then another came over and asked if we needed a drink. She went and got him a Powerade and asked if we needed the paramedics. I said he would be fine and we didn't need them (I knew he just needed fluids! ).
Did you know by the way that they won't declare anyone deceased on Disney property! Not sure if its urban legend but I read that recently!
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Thanks so much for posting and I am glad that you are ok now. There is an important lesson for all of here. That combination of heat, crowds and tiredness can bite any of us in the bum. It’s so important to make sure you have plenty of breaks and stay hydrated. These things can come on really quickly so prevention is really important. Don’t try “ Dumbo or die” because it will probably end badly. Accept you can’t do everything and hopefully you will be fine. If you are flagging have a break or go back to hotel for a bit. Your body will thank you!
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Rockset
Getting to know the DIBB

Glad you’re feeling better again now - it’s so easily done . Enjoy the rest of your holiday x
Rockset is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:41 PM  
Link to this Post
levtweeney
Imagineer

levtweeney's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by floridasgirl View Post
Why on earth did she have a coat on in that heat?!
I know, it was a proper puffa coat too. Crazy 😝
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Sorry to hear that, glad you're feeling better.

Will definately make sure I'm also going into the air conditioned attractions and rest plenty.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinklebell
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you for posting and i hope you are feeling much better. This is a timely reminder for us especially my DH and DS (20) both strapping 6ft guys with my 5ft 3 (at a stretch!) small frame running after them trying to keep up and doing far too much in a day.
Tinklebell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
grinner82
Imagineer

grinner82's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 19
Guidebook Photos: 83
Guidebook Reviews: 10
I think the recommended minimum of liquid is 3.7 litres for a man and 2.7 for female.

We have just come back from Spain and I was like the water police as the group had a few glasses but way under the recommendation.

I have a measured cup and keep track of water as it’s so easy to think you are hydrated but actually no where near. I was drinking 4 litres and only going to the toilet once a day. I also practice drinking that amount so I’m expecting it.
Obviously still take things at a steady pace but record the fluids especially if children
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:36 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Glad your ok & thanks for posting a timely reminder to us all. We all know to drink (actually sip) water when in the heat, we think we are taking enough but in reality its usually not enough. When ever we are there I never pass a water fountain without taking a drink as well as the drinks we have normally anyway. Covid has made that more difficult now tho.
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

The same happened to me in the Terminator ride at Universal, I was in the pre show and next thing was being carried out! Ended up in first aid and had a nice cold sugary drink, felt better then but drained the rest of the day. I was at Wet n Wild the day before and got sunburn and obviously didn’t drink enough! It taught me though and now I drink loads even if not thirsty!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ClaireNJ View Post
It’s so easy to do hope you feel better, no matter how much water you’ve drunk etc etc
The heat the crowds queues & like you said like of sleep 😱😩
Happened to me in the holding bay at HHN, standing still long time, I’d just had a Ben & Jerry’s Caramel Macchiato 🤦😩🤮felt dizzy fainted remembered my Hubbie talking to me & was sick, the crowd soon dispersed 🤣🤣🤣
First Aid came over and I sat for a good 15 minutes, checked me over & given a Gatorade, clothes were ruined & they gave me a Halloween dress for free to wear
Hubbie annoyed we’d missed the first houses but we were taken to Stranger Things and skipped the queues 💪
I felt fine afterwards obviously bit embarrassed but like I said it can happen to anyone at anytime
We went back another night and I was ok
Just pace yourself & try & keep your sugar & salt intake up
Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday
I was ok for the rest of ours too 😎
Take care xx
Same with me, I fainted in Universal, the first aid people gave me a sugary drink (probably Gatorade too!) and I felt so much better after that. It’s very embarrassing though! My husband had to carry me out of the Terminator pre show!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List