Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Aug 22, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Im sitting in my hotel room….

Ok please don’t hate me but….

Im sitting in my hotel room at the Beach Club which is amazing I’m loving it but it’s day 3 and I feel really upset with Disney.

We stayed for 4 nights at universal and their fast pass system is fantastic!

Here at Disney it’s costing us (family of 5) $80 dollars to use Disney Genie plus yesterday we went to Hollywood studios and it cost me another $80 to get lightening lane for the new Star Wars ride…..

Staying in a deluxe hotel you would hope that you would be able to use fast passes but alas no.

If you don’t pay for these passes you will be waiting 60-100 mins for a popular ride and 40-50mins for the rides for the little ones.

It’s such a shame because we won’t be booking again… if there’s something I’m missing please do point it out.

Also you have to be on the ball to book your first lightening lane at 7am as they sell out, they also grey out later in the day so you can’t use lightening lane as it gets later.

Such a shame.

I’m paying it as I’ve 2 teenagers and a 5 year old but if I had known it was like this I would have stayed at universal.

Definitely won’t be coming back.
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JJ Disney View Post
Ok please don’t hate me but….

Im sitting in my hotel room at the Beach Club which is amazing I’m loving it but it’s day 3 and I feel really upset with Disney.

We stayed for 4 nights at universal and their fast pass system is fantastic!

Here at Disney it’s costing us (family of 5) $80 dollars to use Disney Genie plus yesterday we went to Hollywood studios and it cost me another $80 to get lightening lane for the new Star Wars ride…..

Staying in a deluxe hotel you would hope that you would be able to use fast passes but alas no.

If you don’t pay for these passes you will be waiting 60-100 mins for a popular ride and 40-50mins for the rides for the little ones.

It’s such a shame because we won’t be booking again… if there’s something I’m missing please do point it out.

Also you have to be on the ball to book your first lightening lane at 7am as they sell out, they also grey out later in the day so you can’t use lightening lane as it gets later.

Such a shame.

I’m paying it as I’ve 2 teenagers and a 5 year old but if I had known it was like this I would have stayed at universal.

Definitely won’t be coming back.

I don’t hate you but I’d definitely swap places with you right now!
You’re in the Beach Club 😍
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Letterhead
Serious Dibber

Letterhead's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Both paper and fastpass + seem to be bettwr than this new mess. I hate the way Disney are cutting every perk, then finsing a way to bring it back in an inferior version, and charging you for it. Also, why are guests paying $24 a day to park at a deluxe resort they are already playing £400+ a day to stay in?
Letterhead is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
SamH88
Apprentice Imagineer

I think the flat rate of $15 for everyone across the board is fair.

I don’t really agree with different park related perks for different levels of hotel. Anyone staying on property should get the same park perks, like the same park hours etc. And perks based on level of accommodation should be limited to the hotel facilities, dining plan etc.

Edited at 11:07 AM.
SamH88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

123's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Don't hate you, happily swap places, think you might be being a bit melodramatic though, 60-100 minutes wait for a decent ride is pretty much par for the course, certainly don't try visiting Alton Towers in August when you get back to the UK if you aren't prepared for a queue like that
123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JessBlu
Imagineer

IMO you are not missing anything, we don’t do Disney anymore and enjoy the wider state of Florida.

Glad we had lots of trips in past years.
JessBlu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

After 31 years of visiting Disney at least once a year (apart from the pandemic in 2021), next March will be the first time we visit Orlando without doing Disney. All the pre-booking and extra costs have taken away all the magic for us.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

I have to say walking around on my phone constantly checking what rides I need to be at booking the lightening lanes is just crazy everyone has their heads in their phones which takes away from the experience.

Of course I’m always prepared to wait for rides but I’m here right now and I stayed at the Portfinio bay resort club level that gives you fast passes around your neck another thing the kids loved! And you just run to the fast pass lane!

Now we have magic bands and a mobile phone we have to check constantly….

Disney have got this so wrong, in my opinion. I would love to hear from someone that loves this new verson compared to the old fast pass system… I must be missing something as universal fast passes last week were great!

We have another 10 nights which I’m going to enjoy, I’m going to pay for but it’s just not a great system!

I’ve seen people going around with t-≈≈≈≈≈ saying “BROKE” the O is a mickey head, that made me chuckle 🤣🤣🤣

It really is a shame as we honestly won’t be back and we love of here.
JJ Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

OK. Seems like a bit of Disney bashing here.

You've stayed at Universal for 4 days - I'm guessing because you're at Beach Club that you stayed in Hard Rock Hotel or Lowes Portofino... the high end hotels at Universal. Where ExpressPasses are included in the price of your hotel stay... not in the price of tickets to the Parks. You are still paying for them with your Premium Resort fee. Have you checked out the price of Universal's ExpressPass? Even for the base version it's more than $90... A DAY. PER PERSON. AND ONE PARK and goes up during busier times. In May, we saw Unlimited prices at $200 per day at Universal

Pay the $15 per person at Disney ($80) and it's still less than the cost of 1x ExpressPass at Universal.

We did every single ride we wanted to in Disney on Genie+. It was easy once you understand how it works. We paid for ROTR, Ratatouille and Seven Dwarfs (which we'd never pay for again).

If you can stay in Beach Club, which is truly beautiful, do not bemoan a few more dollars for Genie+

Wow!

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
JJ Disney
Trying for More Ears

Sorry I’m not trying to bash Disney I love Disney which is why we chose to stay here 11 nights and universal 4 nights!

But I think they could do better I believe that staying in a deluxe resort should give you the genie plus already ax you are paying way more than rating in a moderate resort which we did last time! We stayed at art of animation and if I was there I don’t think I would be comparing or if I was staying in a non Disney hotel I wouldn’t complain but I’m not.

I’m staying in a deluxe resort and I think that we have already paid enough to be be fair.

I’m going to pay for the genie plus but I just feel like we shouldn’t have too, I think even if you stay at the art of animation you shouldn’t have to pay! If you pay the extra coins to stay at a Disney resort you should just get fast passes that enables you to run to the fast pass lane