Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Aug 22, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Hi Ho, Hi Ho, It's Off To Disney We Go - Day 19 - Impromptu Villa Day, Hollywood Studios

Day 19 – Impromptu Villa Morning and Hollywood Studios

Firstly I apologise as there's hardly any photos today

So I spoke to soon about the neighbours being quiet... They came outside last night just as we were going to bed at 11.45pm, they were very loud, shouting the pool was closed, one of them was going in for more wine, in the end I went outside and asked if they could please keep the noise down. They apologised and did quieten down a little but we could still hear them so I took a sleeping tablet, Chris woke for the toilet at 3.15am and said they were still up!

I woke at 8.10am, we got up and started the dreaded P we both had a serious case of the holiday blues today. Chris got a weather warning for a storm between 3-6pm, 70mph winds and hail. Our first DAS was at 3.30pm We decided it would be best if we went after the storm instead. Chris made our lunch from bits in the freezer that needed using up. We had Texas toast, fish fingers, tater tots, chicken tenders and salad, then chilled for half an hour or so.

I cross stitched the boys played. We went to Walmart to grab our last bits and we needed some bread. The boys spent almost all the rest of their money on lego and caught bought some sweets and tights.

Whilst in there it started raining really heavily and thundering. We ran (rather I hobbled my back and hips were in bits :cry ) to the car getting soaked in the process. We then popped $10 of fuel in at petrol station to get us through the last few days. We will fill up on our way to the airport as our car is return to full.

We got back to the villa and the rain had eased a little. The boys wanted to play with their lego and Caitlin went on call with her boyfriend so Chris and I took the opportunity to have a hot tub and watch some Florida vlog YouTube in the light rain it then started to get heavier so we got out, both had showers and then made some pasta for the kids dinner

The plan was to go to Longhorns for Chris, Caitlin and I and then onto HS for 6pm... It was 5.10pm by the time Chris was sorted, so we went straight to HS.

The park seemed a little quieter but the queues for the rides could have been why, TOT was a 155 minute wait. There was 2 lifts closed though so I think that’s why the time was consistently high on our trip which was a shame as Noah loved this ride.

We used our cancelled DAS earlier on RnR and booked Slinky Dog with a 60 minute wait. After RnR Chris and I grabbed a burger to share from Rosies All American Cafe.

Dinner

Kids had their sandwiches/wraps and snacks and Chris and I decided to share a burger from Rosie’s All American Café. We opted for the 1/3lb Angus Cheeseburger, cheese sauce and a coke. The burger was actually really nice, very juicy and definitely filled a hole!

By the time we'd finished it was almost our Slinky Dog return time. We stopped to get Noah's balloon replaced as his mickey ear had deflated. For those who don't know they will replace your balloon free of charge, just go to a balloon vendor! Noah wanted a BB8 one this time which was $3 more so he paid the extra and got a new balloon

Noah had been in a terrible mood all day, not listening to instructions and doing the opposite of what's asked of him. When we got his balloon, he had a complete meltdown as he wanted drag his balloon along the floor and we told him not to as it would pop. I said to Chris I thought we should leave early as the lack of sleep is clearly affecting him. We'd had 3 late nights in a row. At home Noah’s normally in bed for 7.30pm and asleep by 8.30pm and awake between 6 and 7.30am with melatonin. We hadn't been giving him it every night whilst away as we thought he'd be tired but nope, still like the duracell bunny at 10/11pm so we had started giving him it in the car and taking dry cereal coz he can't go to bed without supper, then as soon as we’re back he’s ready for bed.

Due to all this we decided an early night was probably best for all (including me who had been really cranky today too )

Pictures just don't do Disney in the dark justice, especially Andy's Backyard!

We rode Slinky Dog and Noah had another kick off because he didn't want to hold Chris's hand. Noah’s a runner and if he doesn't have hold of someone's hand he will just impulsively run off and obviously in a busy park that's just a no no

Anyway scanning into SDD he wouldn't leave the pushchair, he'd pulled the hood down and wouldn't speak to anyone. We spoke about delaying SDD but Noah jumped up and scanned his band then straight back into the pushchair we took that as he wanted to go on but obviously we were in his bad books

Noah ended up riding with Chris and by the time we come off he was fine. In the queue I was telling Chris the wait times were really long, one of the shortest was Smugglers Run so we asked the kids what they wanted to do and they said Smugglers Run. Noah was in a much better mood now. We did Smugglers Run and all really enjoyed it, I'll say it again, but I much prefer this to RoTR, don't shoot me!

Noah wanted one last ride so and decided on ASS.

We decided now was a good time to leave the park, we were hoping to see the fireworks but it just wasn't worth the hassle of potentially ruining our final day from tiredness

We called at Dennys and McDonald's on the way back, kids had mcdonalds and Chris and I shared another big dipper from Dennys also ordered a sneaky side of onion rings too

Late Night Snack

After leaving Hollywood Studios Chris was peckish so I suggested calling at Denny’s on the way back to the villa. I ordered us the dipper sandwich again and a side of onion rings. This was $16.53. We really enjoyed this, just as nice as before, in fact I ate way too much and had to go to bed early it was 100% worth it though.

Chris also popped to McDonalds and grabbed the kids some food from there. The boys got chicken nugget happy meals and Caitlin 2 bacon cheeseburgers. This was $12.01. We didn't get a pic of this though as they ate it in the car.

We got back and put Noah to bed then ate our food which was amazing, sadly I ate way too much and have ended up having to go to bed totally my own fault, but 100% worth it

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Sometimes it is best to just listen to what your bodies are telling you and take it a bit easier. I hope it worked and you had a great final day.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
Sometimes it is best to just listen to what your bodies are telling you and take it a bit easier. I hope it worked and you had a great final day.
100% it had been a full 3 weeks almost and we were definitely feeling it, no matter how many late morning/afternoon starts we'd had x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds like you are all feeling having a very busy holiday ! A good nights sleep usually works wonders

Joan
Old 27 Aug 22, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I know what you mean about the crankiness of being tired. It's a hectic holiday and it's day 19! No wonder you're all a bit tired and needed an early night. Still, you seemed to enjoy a few rides at HS.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 22, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Sounds like you are all feeling having a very busy holiday ! A good nights sleep usually works wonders

Joan
We certainly were, but I wouldn't change it for the world, it was amazing x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I know what you mean about the crankiness of being tired. It's a hectic holiday and it's day 19! No wonder you're all a bit tired and needed an early night. Still, you seemed to enjoy a few rides at HS.
We did just a shame we listened to weather rather than just following the plans xx