Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Aug 22, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Day 20 – Final Day, Festival of Fantasy Returns, Magic Kingdom

Day 20 – Final Day, Festival of Fantasy Returns, Magic Kingdom

So this morning I woke when Noah did at 7.25am. He seemed in a much better mood and was asleep just after 9pm. I made a cuppa and grabbed some biscuits to sit down and do our passenger locator forms, 20 minutes of my life and holiday wasted, but at least the government would know where we would be

I then went and spent an hour or so in the hottub, Chris came and joined me after half an hour, the boys just wanted to stay in and play with their lego. I tried to coax them out and reminded them their lego could be played with at home but we have no pool at home, it didn’t work, they weren’t interested

I went in around 9.30am showered, dressed and emptied the dishwasher then I cross stitched for an hour or so. I then remembered we have a Tesco delivery on Sunday evening when we were due back so I sat and finished that off. The guy came and fixed the air con and we packed a little bit more

The kids wanted pasta for an early lunch so we made that then headed to Longhorns, I'd wanted a steak for days (in case you couldn’t tell) We got there at 11.30am and were seated immediately and in the same booth as last time

After yesterdays failed trip to Longhorn’s we decided to head today before Magic Kingdom as I needed my steak fix. We headed to the same Longhorn’s as the other night, just along the 192 near Target. We arrived at 11.30am and were seated immediately. The kids had asked for pasta for lunch so they all had that before we left.

Lunch

Photos are sparse again, sorry The bread came out and I restricted myself to just one slice but I so could have ate more! Caitlin and Chris pretty much devoured the rest. Times like this I wish I still had a full stomach

Chris ordered the 9oz filet with mash (this time they were only allowed one side rather than 2 that you usually get) Caitlin ordered the 8oz sirloin with a loaded baked potato which I ate ¼ of (she’d had some pasta in the villa as a side, she doesn’t eat potato incase you hadn’t realised ).

I also had a voucher for a free appetizer or dessert so we opted for the strawberry shortcake to takeaway. As always we really enjoyed our food here, I was just a little confused why they could only have 1 side each rather than 2. Someone did mention it could be a lunch menu but the prices were exactly the same as the other evening when we had been. Very strange. The boys had chocolate milk to drink, Chris coke and Caitlin Dr Pepper.

We paid up, left and popped to Target where Noah used the last of his money for another lego set, Caitlin got some fishnet tights. We dropped our shopping off at the villa and by 1.10pm we were on our way to Magic Kingdom

We got in around 2.05pm, Chris went and got a spot for the parade and Caitlin and I got a Starbucks. We got together at 2.25pm and found this much easier than the fireworks

We grabbed an iced water and large choc chip frappe from Starbucks on Main Street to share for the parade. I also bought a insulated takeaway mug for work 😊

Whilst waiting for the parade I'd booked a DAS for Jungle Cruise.

The parade was amazing as always, I cried with the music, we’d been here almost 3 weeks, our trip was almost at an end and we’d manage to see Festival of Fantasy parade which had only restarted again 2 days ago.

After this we went and rode Jungle Cruise, can you believe it was our first time. We all really enjoyed it though!

Our earlier Splash Mountain DAS had been cancelled as it was down, but after Jungle Cruise we noticed splash mountain was back up and running, so we decided to use our lightening lane from the cancelled one earlier.

We then rode our 3.30-4.30pm DAS Pass for Big Thunder Mountain and booked a return time for space mountain one of the kids favourites.

On the way I booked a slot at sunshine Tree terrace for another I Lava You float. Noah said he didn’t want an ice cream. Chris also found another golden statue.We enjoyed this on the way to Space.

After Space Mountain we decided to do Mickeys Philarmagic as our last ride. Noah also wanted to see if he could pull the sword out the stone, unfortunately he didn't manage this time

When we left the show we popped into the shop where Chris bought a t-shirt and the Disney Monopoly. He'd mentioned this several times throughout the holiday but we'd never seen it... It was meant to be! We also grabbed a water bottle that we kept seeing and saying it was lovely, but didn't buy it again it was meant to be

We took a slow walk out of the park taking in the sights and the smells. Chris found some more golden statues.

Noah’s BB8 balloon from last night had already deflated somehow so we swapped this out for a Mickey/Minnie Balloon and found a family on the way out and gave it to them, they were so grateful and it was lovely to see and also pass the magic on

We seen the 50th monorail for the last time.

Outside the park we decided to get some photos in front of MK, the photographer was great and suggested Chris and I do a kissing pose and the kids look on in disgust such a fun end to our trip. I don't think Caitlin got the memo though

We took the ferry to the parking lot and not ashamed to say I cried the full realisation that we were leaving and not returning for a long time hit me. We'd had an absolutely amazing time and we'd cherished every moment

We drove to Walmart where Chris grabbed some swim shorts he'd seen and we needed some milk too. Chris was starving (I don't get hungry ) so we grabbed a Wayback Burger each and some bacon and cheese fries and headed back to the villa for a swim and hot tub

I ended up with a stitch from eating then going in the pool Noah went to bed at 10pm and Chris finished up the packing whilst I finished off the Verifly and all the document checks etc so we could check in online.

And that's the end of the report. 3 magical weeks in Orlando and we certainly made the most of them. Chris was always concerned we would find 3 weeks too much but even he said we felt we could have had longer. It was great to also feel like we didn't have to rush everything, we could take our time. Such an amazing trip that we will forever cherish. Sadly we most likely won't be able to return till at least 2024.

Thank you for reading and sticking with me through the reports, even with the breaks until the next time ...

caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Shkyler
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab report have loved following your activities, fair play for writing it all up
Shkyler is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along 😀

2024 will soon come round

Joan
Old 12 Aug 22, 09:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip reports. Thank you for sharing them.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Thank you so much for taking the time to do your trippie. I’ve really enjoyed reading it 😊
Old 14 Aug 22, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Jorgebear
Proud to wear my Ears

Loved reading your trip report, thank you!
Jorgebear is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 22, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
prettymiarose
Excited about Disney

Great trip
Old 23 Aug 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

A fantastic last day in the magic. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I've really enjoyed reading.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shkyler View Post
Fab report have loved following your activities, fair play for writing it all up
Thank you for reading along X

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Thanks for taking the time to do your trippie I have really enjoyed reading along 😀

2024 will soon come round

Joan
Thank you for reading, I really hope it does! x

Originally Posted by Tartan Tigger View Post
I’ve really enjoyed reading your trip reports. Thank you for sharing them.
Thank you so much for reading them x

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Thank you so much for taking the time to do your trippie. I’ve really enjoyed reading it 😊
I'm glad you've enjoyed them, thanks for reading along x

Originally Posted by Jorgebear View Post
Loved reading your trip report, thank you!
Thank you for reading along x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 22, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by prettymiarose View Post
Great trip
Thank you x

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
A fantastic last day in the magic. Thanks for sharing your trip with us. I've really enjoyed reading.
Thank you so much for reading Jo I can't believe it was almost 6 months ago already x