Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Aug 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I am sure they didn’t tell you what to do and you could have refused anything.

It was reasonable for them to advise going to Disney first because then you will be able to use the tickets in your second week as well if you so wished, whereas if you did Disney second you wouldn’t have been able to use the tickets during the first week if you so wished.

Of course if you have set plans and only planned to visit Disney whilst on property then it doesn’t matter, but at least you now have the option. We have a split stay next year and will be staying at Disney first so that the tickets are activated and we will maybe do some evenings during our second week as well.

The dining offer is genuine, prices of hotels did not go up when the dining offer came out, so yes it is a bonus. You will not get dining credits though, you will get a gift card with your $400 or whatever loaded onto it.

I have no idea whether HEA are more expensive generally though, I only book directly, but they do seem to have a reasonable reputation.
Apologies how this seems to have been taken. I don’t have an issue with them at all. I loved how they seemed so helpful and hands on when I watched AH vlog. Hence me mentioning them to DH. Thing is in the past we have never stayed on property and we always book flights and hotels and tickets separate. Really this is the first time in years that we have gone through an agent.
Really it was more that DH was swayed with being told we should do Disney first and with the tickets being included - but him really not understanding why. THAT is what annoyed me more - the fact that he seemed to go along with what was said but couldn’t explain why.
He had absolutely no idea what the dining credit was, why we were doing Disney first, why we had to have the tickets included (I.e whether it would have been cheaper to book the combo ticket separate and just book flights/accommodation) he just literally said this is the deal - whereas in the past we have always looked at best deals for flight/hotel/park tickets.
I did have a million questions and I did contact EAH and yes they were very patient and explained.
The thing is NOW literally a month away DH suddenly has questions - and if you have booked with them you might know. We haven’t actually received our tickets etc yet but on the app it says 14 day tickets but the VALID dates it’s literally a week - so the day we travel to a week later. He is suddenly wondering why as it’s supposed to be a 14 ticket yet only appears to have a week on it.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Ellelledee View Post
The thing is NOW literally a month away DH suddenly has questions - and if you have booked with them you might know. We haven’t actually received our tickets etc yet but on the app it says 14 day tickets but the VALID dates it’s literally a week - so the day we travel to a week later. He is suddenly wondering why as it’s supposed to be a 14 ticket yet only appears to have a week on it.
As I mentioned, I always book directly, but yes I can answer your question on tickets because that is not specific to booking with HEA. What you have noticed is perfectly standard and nothing to worry about.

So firstly Disney tickets are e-tickets, most people don’t use physical tickets, but if you want to, you will need to go to Guest Services when you get there. Most people use magic bands or phones rather than tickets.

You have got 14 day tickets, actually it is 14 days out of 18 days. When you have bought a hotel ticket package the tickets will say something like valid thru DD/MM to DD /MM with these dates coinciding with the hotel stay. What this actually means is that you must activate your ticket during this time, you activate your ticket when you first enter a park.

Once you have activated the ticket, the message you see will change to say that the ticked is valid until DD/MM which will be 18 days later.

Edited at 05:58 AM.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
As I mentioned, I always book directly, but yes I can answer your question on tickets because that is not specific to booking with HEA. What you have noticed is perfectly standard and nothing to worry about.

So firstly Disney tickets are e-tickets, most people don’t use physical tickets, but if you want to, you will need to go to Guest Services when you get there. Most people use magic bands or phones rather than tickets.

You have got 14 day tickets, actually it is 14 days out of 18 days. When you have bought a hotel ticket package the tickets will say something like valid thru DD/MM to DD /MM with these dates coinciding with the hotel stay. What this actually means is that you must activate your ticket during this time, you activate your ticket when you first enter a park.

Once you have activated the ticket, the message you see with change to say that the ticked is valid until DD/MM which will be 18 days later.
Thank you. This is what I said to DH that I thought it might be but he kept saying why does it say 14 days but then the valid period is only a week. This is what annoyed me with him booking and not questioning at the time because now he suddenly is panicking about stuff because it’s not what he is used to.
Ellelledee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
You haven’t really got anything different with EAH that you wouldn’t have had with Disney direct to be honest. The ticket validity thing is not specific to them, if you had asked on the Dibb about what order to do Disney versus Universal you’d have got the same answer as EAH gave you. There’s no way you’d have gotten a ticket deal elsewhere cheaper than booking the dining credit package as these so called “combo” tickets don’t save that much. Really, the only way to reassure yourself you have a good deal is to price everything up separately yourself and compare.

If I’m honest I’m struggling to see what the issue is - you were keen to use a TA you’d seen mentioned elsewhere and now you have they’ve given you the service you desired. This is why you wanted to book with them.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Ellelledee
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
You haven’t really got anything different with EAH that you wouldn’t have had with Disney direct to be honest. The ticket validity thing is not specific to them, if you had asked on the Dibb about what order to do Disney versus Universal you’d have got the same answer as EAH gave you. There’s no way you’d have gotten a ticket deal elsewhere cheaper than booking the dining credit package as these so called “combo” tickets don’t save that much. Really, the only way to reassure yourself you have a good deal is to price everything up separately yourself and compare.

If I’m honest I’m struggling to see what the issue is - you were keen to use a TA you’d seen mentioned elsewhere and now you have they’ve given you the service you desired. This is why you wanted to book with them.
We never book the tickets with Disney direct we never usually book ANYTHING with Disney direct. We usually book flights separate, off site hotel separate and the ultimate Disney/universal combo with one of the operators - floridatix/attraction tickets direct. Have done it that way for years.
As I did say above my issue wasnt with EAH at all - my annoyance was that DH just booked this without questioning what it was, how to use it, whether we would use it - not with EAH they didn’t know my husband didn’t understand. My question in my initial post was about what it actually is because I watched a Tim tracker video and he was saying the DDP and snack credits etc are no longer a thing so I was concerned what we actually have and is it no longer valid and as DH has no clue what the dining credit is that he purchased blindly wanted to ask if anyone could confirm - THAT was my original question.
I did apologise how it came across and said that my annoyance was with DH at just booking blindly then not really understanding what he had paid for/what was included in the package(and still doesn’t hence me asking on here).