Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Aug 22, 12:27 PM  
Link to this Post
beautybutterfly
Imagineer

beautybutterfly's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Thoughts and tips from the first MNSSHP

I know some of you will have been watching the live streams and content from last nights first MNSSHP but I wanted to weigh in with a few thoughts and tips:

Party was enjoyable but I was SO disappointed with the rain - I know it’s a risk, it’s Florida, it’s hurricane season but it really did take the shine off it. Cancelled shows and parades etc.

Fireworks did go ahead with a slight delay and they were very good; really enjoyed those

Parade went ahead at 11.15 but no headless horseman :sob:

Hocus pocus showed at just after midnight but only a few minutes and 1 song because of the rain - from what I understand there wasn’t a full hocus pocus show at all tonight and that was the main reason I went

A few tips after my experience last night, with the weather in mind:

Take a backpack - you’ll want it to carry your treat bags rather than have them on rides; plus merch!

Do treat stations later if you can, when the party starts the lines are much longer

If there’s a specific parade/show you really want to see, see it early just in case weather ruins later ones (I say this as most advice I see is to do shows/parades later as they’re less busy YT IMO a busy one is better than none at all)

If you want lots of candy do the treat stations more than once; they don’t care.

Don’t rush for the rides; even those with overlays. POTC and space mountain were ok but not dissimilar to normal; POTC had 3 live actors and SM was in complete darkness.

Bottom line: would I recommend/go again? Yes I would recommend; the negatives of the experience were all due to weather, nothing within disneys control. I thought last night that I wouldn’t go again but in actual fact I think i would but only on one of the cheaper nights (first night is a bit more expensive, not quite as much as october but still increased)

Happy to answer any questions you have
Westridge North May 2014 | DLP The Kyriad March 2015 | Southern Dunes May 2015 | New York and Toronto October 2015 | Highlands Reserve DIBB villa May 2016 | LA & Vegas October 2016 | New York December 2016 | The Keys & Orlando Lake Berkley Dibb Villa April 2017 | Las Vegas MGM Grand May 2018 | Wyndham Resort iDrive April 2022 | Rosen Inn LBV Aug 2022
beautybutterfly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Same experience for us but I’m glad we got candy earlier in the evening as the rain really put us off so after the fireworks and some rides we headed out and beat the horrendous queues.
Said before on another thread that the parade was the same as 2019 so I’m not too sad to have missed it when it finally started.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Thanks for update, not seen a vlog yet. Shame about the rain, as said, always a risk!
We got washed out at a Dessert Party last time, fireworks went ahead after delay, but still stood in the rain.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Rain was awful last night but it sounds like you still had a great time. We go on Tuesday so really hoping for some dry weather.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

We have been twice in the past, once with rain and once without. The rain is a problem and does dampen the spirits a bit, but nothing anyone can do about it. The headless horseman doesn't seem to go even if the rain has cleared for quite a while, I assume due to possible slips on the tram tracks.
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
I was reading on Kenny the pirates page today that they were offering people a 1 day ticket elsewhere or a ticket for another party night as a rainy day thing. Might be worth a look?

Not sure if I am allowed to add the link but if you Google kenny the pirate the article is on the first page.

Edited at 03:51 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I was reading on Kenny the pirates page today that they were offering people a 1 day ticket elsewhere or a ticket for another party night as a rainy day thing. Might be worth a look?

Not sure if I am allowed to add the link but if you Google kenny the pirate the article is on the first page.
I heard about this but not sure how we can claim?
We have at least one of the dates we can do before we go home as I know the 16th is full.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
I heard about this but not sure how we can claim?
We have at least one of the dates we can do before we go home as I know the 16th is full.
It says this:

For the party last night, guests were offered a “rain-check” for the event. Disney “rain-checks” are never guaranteed and can largely depend on the day and the weather conditions for that particular day.

In the case of last night’s event, guests were offered two options. They could choose either a complimentary one-day park ticket or a ticket to another party. This included either Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

This was great news to all who were in attendance at the party last night. Although this can vary greatly, it is helpful to have in case your party night may be affected by inclement weather.

People were queuing at Guest Services so maybe try there when you next go to a park?

Edited at 04:12 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:32 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
It says this:

For the party last night, guests were offered a “rain-check” for the event. Disney “rain-checks” are never guaranteed and can largely depend on the day and the weather conditions for that particular day.

In the case of last night’s event, guests were offered two options. They could choose either a complimentary one-day park ticket or a ticket to another party. This included either Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party or Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party.

This was great news to all who were in attendance at the party last night. Although this can vary greatly, it is helpful to have in case your party night may be affected by inclement weather.

People were queuing at Guest Services so maybe try there when you next go to a park?
Thank you.
Dh is going to ask our concierge as they’ve been really helpful so far
Old 13 Aug 22, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Thank you.
Dh is going to ask our concierge as they’ve been really helpful so far
Worth a shot!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024