Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Aug 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

You've all had some great suggestions, and I bet your outfits looked great.

We've run into a bit of a snag. Our daughter has special needs and once she's made up her mind, there is no changing it and no compromise. She's going as Snow White and that's that! My only option for that theme is the evil queen, but I fear that would just be too much in the Florida heat.

So the plan is she's going as Snow White, I'm going as a ghost bride and my husband is going as a hitchhiking ghost.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

Good luck with thinking of a theme! That's been my hardest part so far.
Itsabunthing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
caro
Excited about Disney

We are doing a Star Wars theme as my boys are very excited about taking their newly built light sabers! They have a jedi costume and a red star trooper costume. I've ordered an R2D2 dress and my husband, who refuses to dress up, will be wearing a Chewie T-Shirt 😀
caro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
The first year we did it, we didn’t, and just wore Halloween t shirts we purchased with our Disney gift card. The 2nd time we had t shirts made with Winnie the Pooh characters on it and each wore a different character each! This year I have no idea and will probably buy a t shirt out there as have left it too late!

Edited at 06:58 PM.
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Itsabunthing View Post
Ah yes, I remember! I was madly googling different faux fur to find a beige/grey colour. Pleased you found it, and that it worked really well. And excellent on the Tim and Jen Tracker recognition. I can imagine your daughter would have been thrilled.
Oh yes it was you! Thanks again for that . We chose grey but on the sky liner she’s brown so still no clearer 😂
ScoopsAhoy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 22, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We’ve only been once but it was such a fun experience. I’m not one for dressing up, but DD (then 18) persuaded me to. She dressed up as Miss Mad Hatter and I was the Queen of Hearts.

It was great fun and we had lots of compliments about our outfits. I felt more comfortable dressing up as the same theme as DD, but wouldn’t feel at all uncomfortable about dressing up if we were ever lucky enough to go again
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

My husband and I have identical t-shirts we got in Aldi a few years back with a green skeleton chest printed on. They were a bargain and do us as not full on fancy dress but still fun. I also bought some Halloween tights from snag I will wear with black denim shorts if it's cool enough.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Itsabunthing
Apprentice Imagineer

That sounds like a good compromise Fluzz.

We have now decided to theme. Daughter is Snow White, I'm evil queen and husband is a 6'2" Doc!
Old 15 Aug 22, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

The first time we did it, we just worn spooky t shirts, but I want to do something a bit better this year only me and my DH, and he won’t dress up but hoping I can match us a bit? Or I will do him a t shirt and I will wear my haunted mansion t shirt and ears that I’ve made as I do try and theme my outfits anyway and make ears and t shirts wear each day 😂
As for easy ideas for 3 of you, maybe do Joy and Sadness and then pick bing bong or another color like red for anger?
Or Alice in wonderland, Alice, mad hatter and Cheshire Cat
Or just 3 snacks lols churro, Mickey bar, and pretzel 😆
Make sure we see photos!
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Aug 22, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pchivvy
VIP Dibber

pchivvy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My husband is going as Mr Fredrickson, and I am going as Russell from Up.

We’ve kept it light in terms of costuming so as we aren’t uncomfortable in the heat, but still a bit of fun.

2017- Eeyores Escape
2013 and 2014- Hampton Lakes
2012-8 nights AKL, 7 BWV
2011- Disneys Port Orleans Riverside
2004-2010- Various Villas, RPR
2002- All Star Movies, Clearwater
2001- Holiday Inn
2000- All Star Movies
pchivvy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List