Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 9

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Comparing AllStar resorts

I'm thinking of staying in a value resort next time as the amount of time I spent in my room or on the resort at CBR this trip didn't warrant the extra cost.
I've been to view rooms at Pop Century ( just so I could use the Skyliner!) and loved those. Are the AllStar resorts much different (as they seem to be lower cost) and is there really any difference between Music, Sports and Movies?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

I'm sure one of them has had its refurb, one is being done and one hasn't been started yet if that makes a diff to you? Rooms look similar to POP.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Yes Movies is the one that's already refurbed. We are booking a one night stay due to Norwegian moving our outbound flight forward and found it's cheapest direct through US Disney site. And strangely although Movies costs a lot more per night on the UK site, all three cost the same on US site!
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Were here now and staying at All Star sports, checking out today l, booked it because it was the cheapest of the three. Rooms are basic and in need of a refurb but clean and comfy all the same, would happily stay here again. The main pool is huge, loads going on and plenty of loungers, food court is good enough with mobile ordering, and we’re in a preferred room so literally 3 mins from the food court and buses. Buses very frequent. I would honestly just go with the cheapest because resort wise they’re all pretty much the same!
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
. Rooms are basic and in need of a refurb but clean and comfy all the same, would happily stay here again. The main pool is huge, loads going on and plenty of loungers, food court is good enough with mobile ordering, and we’re in a preferred room so literally 3 mins from the food court and buses. Buses very frequent. I would honestly just go with the cheapest because resort wise they’re all pretty much the same!
thanks for this. When you say in need of refurb what do you notice?
FlorayG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Cara040
Getting Excited

We’re flying tomorrow and staying at Movies ( previously stayed at POR Riverside and French Quarter). We were too late for the dining plan this year hence going for a value.
Will feedback in 2 weeks if you’re not planning on booking before them?
All Star Movies Oct 2019 Sapphire Falls August 2022 Aventura Booked May 2024
Cara040 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Cara040 View Post
Will feedback in 2 weeks if you’re not planning on booking before them?
Yes please do I won't be booking until after Christmas
Old 16 Oct 19, 07:33 AM  
Link to this Post
FlorayG
Imagineer

FlorayG's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Has anyone stayed in more than one value resort and can let me know any differences please?
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I've stayed at Pop (pre/post refurb) and ASMovies (pre refurb) and AoA (Little Mermaid room).

My favourite Value resort is Pop hands down - for some reason it feels like "home", the food court is excellent, the buses are regular and almost never shared with other resorts (except at very odd times when it will share with AoA), there is now the Skyliner, and I've never had too many issues with check in and bell services.

I wasn't a fan of ASMovies the one night I stayed there last year due to length of queues at check in and bell services - in fact was close to missing my Magical Express bus due to the sheer length of queue at bell services (at least 15-20 minutes in a queue to get my luggage back - which was unexpected from my point of view as I've never ever queued for so long to retrieve luggage at any other Disney resort!). They also downgraded me from a Preferred to a Standard room without telling me (they did refund the price difference but again without telling me so I wasn't aware of this until later) - I complained about this once I realised but they couldn't move me back to my original booked room category, though they did give me some room credit which was nice. Was more upset about the fact that someone less savvy may not even have realised that the room category was downgraded! Generally a bit of a messy experience. I might have just been very unlucky that time though.

Anyway, in terms of pre/post refurb Value rooms - I feel there is a huge difference, and the post-refurb rooms are absolutely lovely with lots of lighting, USB charging outlets everywhere, huge TV, coffee maker, the pull down Murphy bed. If you only need one bed it's even better as you can just leave the pull down Murphy bed up, and in the process gain a lot of floor space and a huge table to use!

Photos of my room at ASMovies last year, pre-refurb (I would expect that the other All Star resorts pre-refurb would look similar to this...)

Photos of my room at Pop a couple of years ago, post-refurb (apparently ASMovies post-refurb looks fairly similar)

Old 16 Oct 19, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by FlorayG View Post
thanks for this. When you say in need of refurb what do you notice?
Rooms are dated compared to other resorts. Beds are comfy but you can’t store anything under them as they’re not wooden like FQ. Dates carpet. Small TV, not a lot of storage, tiny safe with a key not a code. All minor things, but like it said it was very clean and comfortable. We popped over to pick friends up at Pop Century last night and they new rooms there are very nice!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List