Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 19, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Medication of more than 100ml in hand luggage?

DD1 has scalp psoriasis and applies a cream to her scalp twice a day.

We are staying at Gatwick the night before but just wondering how this works going through security as the cream is just over 100ml.

Never really had to worry about this before as this is a new diagnosis.

Thanks in advance
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:39 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Could you put some in a small container and the rest in checked luggage?
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkermom
Apprentice Imagineer

We take through over 1000mls of my sons medication with absolutely no issues ever. You just need to ensure the medication is clearly labelled with your daughters name (a pharmacy issued Printed label) I travel with various medications some are controlled and never have any problems. You don’t require a doctors letter for the USA so absolutely no need to waste your money on one
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

I have always taken all of my daughter medication in hand luggage all liquids and all over 100ml, as the above poster says make sure it is all original bottles with pharmacy labels on, I also take a copy of her repeat prescription just to be on the safe side, but it has never been a problem
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by toonarmani View Post
Could you put some in a small container and the rest in checked luggage?
I think I would waste so much by doing this but did think about it if worst came to worst.
Old 21 Oct 19, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tinkermom View Post
We take through over 1000mls of my sons medication with absolutely no issues ever. You just need to ensure the medication is clearly labelled with your daughters name (a pharmacy issued Printed label) I travel with various medications some are controlled and never have any problems. You don’t require a doctors letter for the USA so absolutely no need to waste your money on one
Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
I have always taken all of my daughter medication in hand luggage all liquids and all over 100ml, as the above poster says make sure it is all original bottles with pharmacy labels on, I also take a copy of her repeat prescription just to be on the safe side, but it has never been a problem

Thank you both, that has put my mind at ease but will take a copy of her prescription just in case.
Old 22 Oct 19, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
jndt
Imagineer

My son had an ear infection while we were in Florida in August. We had to bring his medication back - antibiotics for the plane - and I told security about them and they just waved them through to go the scanning belt with everything else. I had worried about it but we had no problems. (They were labelled and I kept all the doctors letters ready for our insurance on me just in case).
jndt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List