Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 24 Oct 19, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Fastpass changes- Did you know? Minor but interesting update.

Bet you hadn't heard of this (OK, some of you may have):

Apparently a change was made and if you do not book all your 3 Fastpasses in the first park you visit on a day, you can then, only after tapping into your first fastpass in your first park, then book another fastpass in another park.

So for example, you book Slinky and Star Tours in Hollywood Studios.

Upon tapping in for Slinky, you can now immediately get on the phone and book a Fastpass at Epcot. This can even be a tier 1, such as Soarin. This is even if you have not used Star Tours yet. Or if you just booked Slinky, you could book two at Epcot, or one at MK and then one at AK.

Of course, you are relying on same day fastpasses being available.
Old 24 Oct 19, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I didn't realise this so thank you
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does this mean if you book 3, as soon as you’ve used one you can just start booking others in any park?
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I knew you could book another one at a different park if you’d only booked, say, one fastpass at your first park and had used it.

I didn’t know that both fastpasses could be tier 1 fastpasses. I thought you had to use 3 fastpasses before you could book a second tier 1 fastpass. So this is news to me.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Oooo I didn’t know this! Thank you for sharing
Old 24 Oct 19, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

But this would only apply to another park right?
vampiress88 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I knew you could book another one at a different park if you’d only booked, say, one fastpass at your first park and had used it.

I didn’t know that both fastpasses could be tier 1 fastpasses. I thought you had to use 3 fastpasses before you could book a second tier 1 fastpass. So this is news to me.
Yes as long as the second tier one is in another park.
Old 24 Oct 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
toonarmani
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 137
Never tried the tier option (good to know!), but i thought it was always “up to 3” FPs in Park 1 before you can then book in Park 2.

The tiering will be down to availability on the day for Park 2 and Tier 1s may be few and far between depending on the ride, but worth checking
toonarmani is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 19, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Yep. Been doing this all week. Yesterday we did SDD in HS then moved on to NRJ and Everest in AK.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 19, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoN21
Apprentice Imagineer

orlandoN21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Bet you hadn't heard of this (OK, some of you may have):

Apparently a change was made and if you do not book all your 3 Fastpasses in the first park you visit on a day, you can then, only after tapping into your first fastpass in your first park, then book another fastpass in another park.

So for example, you book Slinky and Star Tours in Hollywood Studios.

Upon tapping in for Slinky, you can now immediately get on the phone and book a Fastpass at Epcot. This can even be a tier 1, such as Soarin. This is even if you have not used Star Tours yet. Or if you just booked Slinky, you could book two at Epcot, or one at MK and then one at AK.

Of course, you are relying on same day fastpasses being available.
Found this out today when I booked my FPs for two parks on Christmas Day
1991 Travelodge Kissimmee / 1996 Holiday Inn I-Drive / 2000+2002 Rosen Centre I-Drive / 2007+2015+solo 2017+ solo Feb2019+solo Dec2019+solo Dec2023+solo June2024 Rosen Plaza I-Drive / 2011 Point Orlando / 2011 Rosen Shingle Creek / 2015 Loews Royal Pacific / solo Feb2019 Hilton Grand Vacations / solo Dec2019 Holiday Inn Disney Springs
orlandoN21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List