Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 13 Mar 19, 05:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Gbnomore
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

This report is great - thanks for posting. We’re staying at POR on the QSDP at the beginning of April and just started researching QS restaurants. Knowing how much i’ll Eat when I’m there is also helping with the pre-holiday diet!
Gbnomore is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
Interesting, thanks
I'm not a burger fan either but the rest of my tribe do like a burger so they will no doubt try.

As for Polite Pig, we were on a flying visit to Disney Springs in October and we walked past Polite Pig and it did smell smokey now you mention it...

I know you are a bit of an expert in all things dining, I was wondering if you knew if there is any kind of list of all new Disney eateries (QS and TS) since about Oct 2016, or know any other new ones off top of your head?

Yes, not long - but these holidays come round quickly! Yours will be here before you know it!
Here's a PDF which lists all the QS and TS restaurants. It's the one from 2018 as the 2019 one isn't fully updated yet.

disneyworld.disney.go/me...ions_added.pdf

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Ooh, another food report, hurrah. I love that your first day breakfast was a Mickey pretzel, yummy! It sounds like you made great use of mobile ordering at AK.

Fab start, I hope you have a really great holiday and I can't wait to see what you end up eating.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Really enjoying your food report MrsWturns30! I love a good food report they are my favourite type of reports! 😃

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Mar 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Hi MrsWturns30,
Thought this may be interesting before you head to Epcot:

That's if you get chance to watch with all the Disney fun
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:42 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
I’m really enjoying doing the report! Having the dining plan has meant that the food has been a big part of the build up for me as it’s ‘new’ - when we’ve visited Disney before we generally just bought a pack lunch!
Yes, I feel like the food planning has taken over haha! We are also serial visitors but first timers to the dining plan this year. Can’t wait.

Day 2 looked great. Enjoy... 😊
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 12:48 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Hi MrsWturns30,
Thought this may be interesting before you head to Epcot:

That's if you get chance to watch with all the Disney fun
Ah amazing - thankyou!
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Blizzard Beach and Disney Springs

Hi all!

Today was our ‘down day’ although we still seemed to have spent most of the day out! The weather was looking pretty good today (it’s due to take a bit of a nose dive at the weekend) so we decided on a water park day. Typhoon Lagoon is currently closed for re-ferb (I think it’s due to open again at the weekend) so Blizzard Beach it was - this worked nicely as Jimbo is a bit small for a lot of the slides so he and DH headed off mid afternoon to the crazy golf course next door!

Firstly breakfast - we are still waking incredibly early (although it is progressively getting later) 5.30am this morning! Centre Town grab and go opens at 6.30am so Eve and I headed down with the refillable mugs for coffee and fruit vitamin water, whilst down there I picked up a cream cheese danish for my breakfast (1 snack credit) - it was a bit much, I had to scoop out the cheese, 3 spoonfuls worth! Kids had their cereal and DH his protein shake.

We hit blizzard beach shortly after opening at 10am and had a couple of hours fooling about before lunch. The kids meals came from ‘Avalunch’ - Eve had (another!) hotdog - this was from the adult menu and came with a choice of drink (just a bottle of water for us) and a packet of plain crisps

Jimbo had a kids meal - Mac n cheese with a drink and choice of 2 sides - he had a yoghurt/smoothie drink, cookie and an apple juice all served in a bucket and spade

DH and I had food from Lottawatta Lodge. He chose the chefs salad with a bottle of water (he is feeling a bit under the weather so not feeling a beer/cocktail at the mo!) and I had the white cap flat bread (pretty much a pizza without the tomato sauce) and a Bud Light. Both of us really enjoyed our lunches.

For all of our lunches we had to wait less than 5 minutes from ordering to having food in our hands - it wasn’t a hugely busy day at blizzard beach though.

We used a couple of snack credits mid afternoon - Eve and I really wanted a funnel cake but the hut wasn’t open when we went looking so instead we ended up with an ice lolly and 6 mini donuts

(DH may have gotten his hands on 3 of the donuts before I could take a picture &#128580

The boys headed off to Winter Summerland adventure golf which is next door to Blizzard Beach for a couple of hours - being on resort you get a game of mini golf every day for free and we had tokens for a free game too so they managed to play all 36 holes for free. In the meantime Eve and I hit the slides... the chair lift wasn’t working either so there were a lot of stairs to climb & for the slides that required tubes I was carrying them both up the stairs as she’s only 7 - I’m telling you this so you don’t judge me for my dinner... I feel I earnt it! (Well that’s how I’m justifying it - ha ha!)

We met the boys at 4.30 and got the bus to Disney Springs - ‘fat food’ was required so we hit The Polite Pig! I was a bit apprehensive with our fussy eaters but they did both eat... Eve had kids Mac n Cheese, served with carrot sticks and Jimbo kids chicken tenders with carrot sticks (they had both made a start on these before I took the pics)

I think if you have kids that are big eaters, these portions would have been too small - you would do better to order off the adult menu, at this location I think I would have struggled to get mine to eat off the adult menu. Mine were both satisfied with what they had though and as I’ve previously said I’m trying to go with the flow with their eating and not allow myself to get worked up with them!

I took a picture of the menu to remind me what we had - i spoke with a server as we went in to ask if there was any restrictions for us being on QSDP, she said any salad, sandwich or from the smoker - with a choice of side if it was indicated with the meal and a drink - soft, beer or a cocktail.

I had the Baby back ribs with sweet potato tots, this comes with slaw and a cornbread, I also opted for the Ravenous Pig long palm golden ale - oh my word what a treat... it was as amazing as it looks. It was also nice to drink beer out of a glass!

DH had the USDA prime brisket with BBQ waffle fries slaw and the corn bread, he opted for the Ravenous Pig Working Mans porter for his drink

He did enjoy his dinner... but he did have food envy at mine! The porter was a nice pint too.

And here comes the cherry on the top (literally) - we headed to ghirardelli and shared this monstrous desert between the 4 of us... it was hard going but we conquered it. We used a Meal Credit to ‘pay’ for it as we were one in credit for the kids sharing a meal yesterday.

The view eating it was pretty lovely too...

Tomorrow is Epcot! We have fast pass booked for Soarin’ at 10.30, we’ve kept the kids up past 9 o clock this evening in the hope that we can make the fireworks in the evening as our next planned visit to Epcot on Saturday is showing as rain ☹️ - fingers crossed for a wake up closer to 7am tomorrow morning!

Total dining credits used today - 9
Total snack credits 3
Didn’t have my watch on today being in the water most of the day so not sure on the steps, DHs waterproof watch says just under19000 - and he didn’t climb 83million steps at blizzard beach!

Thankyou all for joining in on my journey and the lovely comments!

MrsWturns30 x

Edited at 02:02 AM.
MrsWturns30 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 02:27 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsWturns30
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
The booths are a great way to use credits. You can use QS credits too which is handy if you want 3 things from the same booth. We used loads of QS and snack credits there in April 2017, and still had credits left over at the end of the trip! You can see what we got and used in my food report - link is in blue at the bottom of my signature.

How are you finding not having mouse keeping? We're considering opting out too if it's still being offered.
I read your report quite soon after I booked dining plan, it’s one of the reasons I wanted to give it a go myself as I figured there must be other food orientated people like me out their planning their hols!

Opting out of Mousekeeping is working fine for us, when we checked in the CM checking us in offered it - I had already discussed with DH doing this as $100 is a pretty enticing ‘reward’ she said just to ring down if we need towels or sheets replacing or re-fills for the in room coffee machine. We’ve had to call up maintenance a couple of times for the toilet not flushing properly and for a new coffee machine as it was broken, on all occasions they’ve been here within 10mins. We left a bag of rubbish outside the door this morning and it was collected before we returned - so for the sake of having to make our own beds I’d happily take the $100. If I’d have thought about it before we left home though, I would have packed some anti-bac wipes to wipe out the sinks and clean down the table after breakfast, I’m just using one of the flannels I bought from home to do this as the hotel have provided flannels.
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Mmmm 😋 your polite pig meals are making me salivate! Sounds like another great day! I hope you enjoy your Epcot day and that you manage a (slight) lie-in!