Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Oct 19, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Bungalows

We having been toying with the idea of downsizing for a fair few years but cant wrench ourselves away from our house which we love. With the OH being made redundant and at 63 this maybe be the push we need.

There is a bungalow for sale nearby which we may look at but how does everyone who lives in one get on with ventilation in the warm months (most of the year for me ). I always have a bedroom window and I don't know how I would manage in the summer. I know there are the small window openers but I don't know if that would be enough. I don't really want AC.

TIA

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Never entered my head not to have all our bedroom hopper windows open when we lived in an bungalow or in this house where our bedroom is on the ground floor
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

We live in a bungalow and it is so cool in the summer!
Our old house would get so hot upstairs in the summer
Our bedroom is north facing which helps and we ve had skylights put in the hall way and study

I always sleep with our little window open

Edited at 10:16 AM.
aqualiv is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
taylaboo
Imagineer

Mobile

We live in a bungalow and sleep with the windows open but on the latch, locked. In high summer we leave the windows in the bathroom and loo opposite our bedroom open too to create a breeze. We downsized to a run down bungalow when I was 56 and completely renovated it. I can't imagine living back in a house now.
Villa at Champions Gate -2019
Rosen Hotel May 2023
taylaboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Near where I live all the bungalows being bought are then demolished and traditional 2 storey houses built. That's because the plot sizes are big plus there isn't the demand for them anymore.

I would never consider one due to the fact we like windows open a lot and the security aspect during the day would concern me. Not so much the night time as it would just be the one bedroom.

OP. So I've been no help to you at all.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 10:38 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
My mum has some special locks on the window openers which can only be opened from the inside which allow ventilation . Ours have them in the house windows but the bungalow is a lot cooler than out house in summer and warmer in winter .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Never entered my head not to have all our bedroom hopper windows open when we lived in an bungalow or in this house where our bedroom is on the ground floor
I wouldn't be able to sleep.

BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 19, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Near where I live all the bungalare being bought are then demolished and traditional 2 storey houses built. That's because the plot sizes are big plus there isn't the demand for them anymore.

I would never consider one due to the fact we like windows open a lot and the security aspect during the day would concern me. Not so much the night time as it would just be the one bedroom.

Er no

Old 12 Oct 19, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by taylaboo View Post
We live in a bungalow and sleep with the windows open but on the latch, locked. In high summer we leave the windows in the bathroom and loo opposite our bedroom open too to create a breeze. We downsized to a run down bungalow when I was 56 and completely renovated it. I can't imagine living back in a house now.
That's good to hear.

Old 12 Oct 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Near where I live all the bungalows being bought are then demolished and traditional 2 storey houses built. That's because the plot sizes are big plus there isn't the demand for them anymore.

They are a very rare commodity round here too Tom. Some are being pulled down and absolute mansions built on the site (which is why you can pay circa £1million for a small rundown bungalow in Loughton) or they are putting two or three houses on the site which is more where we live. Our local.primary school has just pulled down the caretakers house and three houses are going on there, unbelievable!
Unfortunately the downsizing option for older people where we are are the overpriced McCarthy and Stone flats.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List