Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 15 Oct 19, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Anyone Been To Toronto?

Hi all,

My wife & I have decided on a trip to Toronto & Niagara Falls to celebrate our 20th Wedding Anniversary in 2024 & i thought I'd start looking into it.

I was just wondering if anyone that had been could give me a rough idea of how long we should visit for?

We plan a day trip to the falls & the rest of the time in Toronto.

I am hovering between 3 & 4 full days in Toronto at present.

Thanks in advance for any input of any kind.

Kev
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
galaxyflorida
Apprentice Imagineer

Yes, we had 5 nights in Toronto with one day at the Falls. With travelling that was 4 full days plus arrival and departure days. There is a lot to Toronto so any questions just ask!

Orlando I-Drive April 2010, July 2017
New York and Washington October 2016
New York and Toronto July 2019
galaxyflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
TheSollys
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by galaxyflorida View Post
Yes, we had 5 nights in Toronto with one day at the Falls. With travelling that was 4 full days plus arrival and departure days. There is a lot to Toronto so any questions just ask!
Thanks for your reply. I will have to get my questions sorted out.
TheSollys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Alidoll
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Niagara Falls is very touristy (and tacky imho). Niagara on the Lake however is a lovely little town with quaint shops and tea rooms so visit there if you have the chance. There’s an animal artist called Edward there (he’s self taught but his paintings are stunning) so worth popping into his gallery if you have time.

Visit a ice winery if you like wine - it’s very sweet but delicious. Inniskillan is probably the best known but there are others.

Take in a Jays game - baseball as it’s a fun night out.
Alidoll is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My sons getting married there next year so I’ll let you know, we are going for 8 days I think, wedding will take up one and probably feeling rough the next day will be another. Niagara Falls and CN tower and the city we will do, my son got engaged in Muskoka which looks beautiful and I would love to go there!
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:00 PM  
Link to this Post
bloominadversit
Getting Excited

Mobile

I’ve done 2 weeks (4 nights Toronto, 10 nights elsewhere in Ontario), 5 nights Toronto only and a week Toronto only and still had things to do in that week we’d not done before!
bloominadversit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 03:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Th1nkT1nk
Imagineer

Mobile

Following! This is my dream for my 50th birthday (still over 6 years to go ) but I’m interested to read the answers given here! Enjoy your planning!
Old 15 Oct 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Sandra & co
Imagineer

Sandra & co's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by bloominadversit View Post
I’ve done 2 weeks (4 nights Toronto, 10 nights elsewhere in Ontario), 5 nights Toronto only and a week Toronto only and still had things to do in that week we’d not done before!
Can you please tell what we can do next year apart from Niagara Falls and The CN Tower, kids want to do Canada’s Wonderland but I don’t fancy that so we will drop them off and go somewhere else.
Old 15 Oct 19, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
tracy99
Imagineer

We stayed in Toronto for 4 nights in a lovely Airbnb,then we caught a mega bus to Niagara Falls,as we didn’t want to hire a car & stayed for 3 nights.
We loved Niagara Falls,we had a falls view room in the Marriott on the falls & watching them at night changing colours,was just fantastic! I can still hear the thunderous noise they made,somewhere I would love to return to with nicer weather,as we went in Nov.
Loved our trip over to toronto island as well.
Tracy x

Edited at 12:52 AM.
tracy99 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Celica190
Imagineer

We did 5 nights in an AirBNB overlooking the CN Tower, then 3 nights in Niagara Falls - yes, it’s a bit like International Drive but down at the falls and along the river is less tacky and worth visiting.

1996 Days Inn Universal 1999, 2003 & 2005 Quality Inn International 2007 and 2011 Bahama Bay Resort
Celica190 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List