Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 29 Oct 19, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

What do you do with your luggage the night before?

Just been watching some blogs and a question popped in my mind and I'd love to know what others do.

If your staying at a hotel the night before and need to drive to drop your car off the next day what do you do with your luggage? Do you just take out your overnight case or do you take all your luggage into the hotel and repack it in the car the next day? X
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Pearlkeeper
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We take all the luggage into the hotel with us. Stay the night, have breakfast in the morning, shower then repack before leaving the room. You never know what you will need or want in the case and we think it's much safer having the luggage with us.
Pearlkeeper is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
nickand
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

We use virgin's twilight check in the night before to have a nice easy morning the next day.
nickand is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

We use twilight check in for all but one of our cases which we keep with us overnight and take it to bag drop in the morning. This works for us and then do not have to worry about plastic bags and liquids.
JAF is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Trouble3
Apprentice Imagineer

Trouble3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I've always done twilight check in too. I have all the essentials in my hand luggage for an overnight stay anyway, inc toothbrush etc, just in case my main luggage goes astray.

I would never leave any luggage in my car overnight; would worry too much about a break in.
Old 29 Oct 19, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
DreamsOfOrlando
Excited about Disney

I would double check to see if your flight is eligible for twilight check in - we always do this if it's available and so much easier. You just drop your luggage off the night before, and we always keep 1 carry on "mini" suitcase with overnight stuff in with us in the hotel
May 2020 - CSR and HRH - DH 30th - Covid Cancelled!
February 2022 - Holiday Inn LBV, HRH and Pop - 21 Nights
DreamsOfOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Evil queen
Imagineer

We take it with us into the hotel, definitely wouldn’t leave it in the car overnight. If we travelled from somewhere with twilight check-in where we arrive in time to use it, we would do that.
Evil queen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Wouldn’t leave cases in car overnight. We take an overnight bag in to the hotel. We have even taken old undies and nightwear that we could just bin in the morning ! Half used bottles of toiletries that can be fully used and packaging binned.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 19, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Trusty ian
Dibbing with Tink

Mobile

also, be carefull with luggage in car at services if you need to stop. friend of mine had luggage taken through a smashed rear hatch window. luckily, if you call it lucky they were on there way home after the holiday.
Trusty ian is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 19, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Fab Florida 4
Helping Donald

Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Wouldn’t leave cases in car overnight. We take an overnight bag in to the hotel. We have even taken old undies and nightwear that we could just bin in the morning ! Half used bottles of toiletries that can be fully used and packaging binned.
Tis is what we do. Drop off all the cases at twilight check in, and just take hand luggage to the room. We take the ends of the toothpaste, shampoo etc then bin them in the morning. We wear old undies up, take a carrier bag, then tie them up safely before putting them in the bin. T shirts from the day before can go into your hand luggage as spares in case of spillages but I wouldn`t want to cart used knickers round in my hand luggage!
Fab Florida 4 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List