Notices

Old 3 May 17, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyFan
Earning More Ears

Just A Spoonful Of A Disneyland Paris Adventure - Day 1

After not having a dose of Disney for a whole 7 months and having not visited Disneyland Paris since 2001 we decided to climb aboard the Eurostar for a 5 day adventure!

We are staying in Sequoia Lodge tho year. I forgot to take photos before we had a clothes explosion so I will review the room tomorrow. This is my sister and I at the entrance to Disneyland Paris and the Disneyland Hotel.

Interesting statue just before you get to the Disneyland hotel. Reminds me of Fantasia, a film I have yet to watch!

I'm in love with all the Disneyland Paris 25th Anniversary displays in the park.

The all important castle shot.

I got this bag in Primark which is perfect for this trip so of course I had to take this photo.

The parks were very empty today!

That classic castle selfie.

An absolutely stunning piece of the 25th anniversary decorations.

The dragon under Sleeping Beauty's castle. It surprises me how many people don't realise this is here!

The weather took a turn for the worse so we ended up doing mostly inside rides today! First up was Phantom Manor which is way creepier than the Florida version! Maybe it's cause I grew up with that one.

Next up was Star Tours! I swear we always seem to get the same clips even in a different country! We tend to get the one with the Gungans.

Next up we went on the Buzz Lightyear laser quest. I just went on it to complement his shoes...

I have some just like them :p

We then braved the rain again to head to fantasyland for 'Its a Small World'. When we were in Florida this ride was down for renovations so I'm glad we got to ride this here!

Since when is a mermaid part of this ride!?

We then popped onto the Pinocchio ride. Which reminded us of the Winnie the Pooh ride in Disney World.

We then got dinner at Colonel Hathis Pizza Outpost.

Although the Wishing Star pizza was a nice touch we wouldn't recommend this restaurant. The food was pretty cold and not of great quality. Mum was particularly annoyed that they had run out of Magnums in the meal deal.

We got an old school paper fastpass for big thunder mountain so headed over there.

I was really happy to ride Big Thunder Mountain as this was closed in Disney World when we were out there. This is the only ride we have found so far that is better than the World version.

I was really excited to go on the Indiana Jones ride because I was only 6 when we last came so wasn't able to ride this.

This was a pretty fun ride but was made much funnier from the groans and squeals my sister made every time her head rattled.

Really disappointed that Pirates of the Caribbean isn't open but the Pirates area they had was pretty cool. Although we did lose each other in there for a little while.

Davy Jones' locker.

Continuing with the Pirates theme we headed back over to fantasyland to ride Peter Pans flight. I was very interested that these boats had two rows instead of the one they had in Disney World. My family were less so.

Had to include a cute little photo of my two favourite robots. Found in Discoveryland.

We then went onto Captains Nemos submarine. Having not seen 20,000 leagues under the sea, this attraction was a bit lost on me.

Time to find a spot for Illuminations. Feels weird to say that when I'm not in EPCOT!

Illuminations was a wonderful show. It felt like a mix between Celebrate the Magic, Wishes and the Star Wars fireworks in Disney World. Watching the fireworks is always when it finally sinks in that I'm in Disney.

MickeyFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Will be following this I loved your last report... hope you all have a great time 👍👍
Edited to add... lovely pictures as always... hope you all have a great time and the sun ones out today ... enjoy and looking forward to reading more.
PS I'd be so excited to eat a star shaped pizza 😂😂

Edited at 06:45 AM.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Looking forward to this.

Going to DLP for my very first trip in Nov so i'm excited to see it all through your trippie.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 May 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by MickeyFan - 3 May 17 11:45 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

I am following! Its been years since we went to dlp, do they have the same fastpass system as wdw? I dont recall booking fastpasses online last time, but it was about ten years ago! This is making me want to plan a sneaky trip!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
frazers mum
Imagineer

Following along. We go at the end of May for a quick Disney fix.
Disneyland Paris - May 2003, May 2017
frazers mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 May 17, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeyFan
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Thank you for all the lovely comments! It's taken a while to get back into the swing of trip reports! The fast passes are the original paper ones where you go up to each rides designated fast pass area to pick one up.
MickeyFan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 May 17, 09:23 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Looks like you had a fantastic day

Joan
Old 6 May 17, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPunk
Trying for More Ears

DisneyPunk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoying you report, I will be in DLP in June
DisneyPunk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 17, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Loving this report , we first went to Disney when it was its 5th birthday , then returned for my 40th but it was November and so cold.
Love your ears
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List