Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Aug 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
That's so frustrating! We get this all the time too even though we're not even in the Highlands, but it's because we have an IV postcode. It's a total rip off
I agree it is a rip off I wouldnt mind but if you look at the price to deliver from the major companies eg hermes to our postcode it always less than the company you are buying from want to charge
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
I'd contact eBay regarding that as they really can't do that, it's against the policy.
What is it youre buying? Not being nosey btw) Royal mail's prices cover the Scottish islands. They state tjis on their website. Plus as the seller is ogfering free postage theyll have to suck it up and pay it. They shouldn't have listed it with no restrictions if they're being fussy.
its a part for a car, I did know that royal charge the same for their delivery and I have argued the point in the past with sellers using royal mail,this says another courier and I did say the extra postage should be the difference between the amount they were prepared to pay anyway and my postcode which when I looked up was only a few pounds
anyway I have got in touch with them because since I asked for the invoice to be sent through ebay they have gone silent and told them ebay terms are they shouldnt increase the price I will wait and see what happens
britishgirl is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Honestly if you have gotten your eBay invoice from eBay to pay it then go ahead and pay what eBay have sent. If the seller wanted extra for post they should have added onto the postage cost.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl

Honestly if you have gotten your eBay invoice from eBay to pay it then go ahead and pay what eBay have sent. If the seller wanted extra for post they should have added onto the postage cost.
if he had sent the invoice for the extra postage like he said it would have been paid and I would have had to take it on the chin but hes not been back in touch since I asked for an extra invoice, but I have paid what was asked for originally it was a buy it now but he as not been in touch
I am now feeling why should I have to pay extra postage I did everything I was supposed too
Old 23 Aug 18, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
if he had sent the invoice for the extra postage like he said it would have been paid and I would have had to take it on the chin but hes not been back in touch since I asked for an extra invoice, but I have paid what was asked for originally it was a buy it now but he as not been in touch
I am now feeling why should I have to pay extra postage I did everything I was supposed too
Exactly. You've kept to your end of the deal, now it's up to him to do the same. He shouldn't be asking for extra postage, and EBay clearly see you're still in the UK as if there was extra postage to be paid it would be done through the global shipping programme.

If he sends you a follow up invoice DON'T pay it, he's clearly having you on and keep eBay in the loop of you can
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 18, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Hermes charge more for the highlands, I charge my customers £2.95 for Hermes, they charged me £4.79 for the highlands and I soaked up the cost as it was something I made and I couldn’t be bothered with the hassle lol
Old 24 Aug 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

Exactly. You've kept to your end of the deal, now it's up to him to do the same. He shouldn't be asking for extra postage, and EBay clearly see you're still in the UK as if there was extra postage to be paid it would be done through the global shipping programme.

If he sends you a follow up invoice DON'T pay it, he's clearly having you on and keep eBay in the loop of you can
Not necessarily read my post above. Go on the Hermes website and type in a highlands postcode you’ll see it charges more
Old 24 Aug 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Well I was talking about Royal Mail. And even at that it doesn't matter. The seller listed as free relivery, they have to honour that. They've no choice in the matter.
Old 24 Aug 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
LunaNyteskye
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by NikNak View Post
That's so frustrating! We get this all the time too even though we're not even in the Highlands, but it's because we have an IV postcode. It's a total rip off
Me too! I ordered something recently, from south of England, and it would have cost me less to have it delivered to my brother in Texas than it did to have it delivered to my house just because I have an IV post code. It's absolutely ridiculous.

October 2009 Sequoia Lodge Disneyland Paris;
October 2011 Kissimmee Villa;
October 2013 Port Orleans Riverside WDW;
November 2015 Lake Buena Vista Resort Village & Spa;
November 2016 Hotel Santa Fe Disneyland Paris;
October 2019 Animal Kingdom Lodge WDW, DIBB Villa, Hard Rock Hotel & Grand Floridian WDW
LunaNyteskye is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Aug 18, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by LunaNyteskye View Post
Me too! I ordered something recently, from south of England, and it would have cost me less to have it delivered to my brother in Texas than it did to have it delivered to my house just because I have an IV post code. It's absolutely ridiculous.
It really is crazy, I don't know how they still get away with this! What cracks me up though is it doesn't cost us any extra to post to anywhere else in the UK and it's the same journey the parcel takes but in reverse. It makes absolutely NO sense!