Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 Jul 19, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Trying to Decode Child Rider Switch

Ok so ahead of booking FPs for our upcoming trip I am trying to get my head around rider switch (this will be the first time we have ever used it!). I have read various articles and threads and am still unsure if I am grasping it right!

We are a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler. There are many rides that all 4 adults will want to ride that LB will be too small for. Now this is my understanding… I book FPs for person A and B. On arriving at the FP entrance with the whole party we ask for rider switch. Person C and person D will have their magic bands scanned and a rider switch pass added. Person A and B go on the ride whilst C and D wait with LB. On A and B returning, C and D then can join the FP queue scanning their bands with the rider switch pass on it.

Am I getting that right?

And a couple of questions:
- How long Is the return window for the rider switch pass? Is it within an hour of it being added or longer?
- Do both the C and D need their bands scanned or just one of them?

Edited at 04:59 PM.
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 04:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

I have just read an article saying that all members of the party need to have a valid FP for the ride when approaching initially to request a rider switch pass... I'm so confused!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shaz luvs tink
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
I have just read an article saying that all members of the party need to have a valid FP for the ride when approaching initially to request a rider switch pass... I'm so confused!
I thought this was the case but have read so many conflicting accounts from people that I too remain confused. We are a party of 3 adults and a baby and thought you only needed fast passes for people riding first and then the others could go using rider switch. I have until the end of August to figure it out before Fastpass day
shaz luvs tink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
alkel2730
Imagineer

Ok so ahead of booking FPs for our upcoming trip I am trying to get my head around rider switch (this will be the first time we have ever used it!). I have read various articles and threads and am still unsure if I am grasping it right!

We are a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler. There are many rides that all 4 adults will want to ride that LB will be too small for. Now this is my understanding… I book FPs for person A and B. On arriving at the FP entrance with the whole party we ask for rider switch. Person C and person D will have their magic bands scanned and a rider switch pass added. Person A and B go on the ride whilst C and D wait with LB. On A and B returning, C and D then can join the FP queue scanning their bands with the rider switch pass on it.

Am I getting that right?

And a couple of questions:
- How long Is the return window for the rider switch pass? Is it within an hour of it being added or longer?
- Do both the C and D need their bands scanned or just one of them?
Yes you are completely spot on with A B C D. Although 3 can ride on one rider switch so maybe only A needs to stay second go round?

The window is an hour but the end time is not relevant really it just means you can’t get another RS until you have used the one you hold.

All riders in the second party need their bands scanned, it is then added to their my disney experience.

The second riding party does not need any fastpasses. anything else you read is false. I’ve been many times using RS both on the old system and the new in May this year. I know lots of CMs too. If anyone has been told otherwise it is the odd CM not being clear or the visitor not being clear with their question, either way only the first riding party needs a Fastpass. Rider switch is essentially a fastpass.

ETA. The return start time changes depending on the current queue time.

Hope that helps!

Edited at 07:45 PM.
alkel2730 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

This is so super helpful... thank you so much! And really great to know that the second party doesn't need FPs!
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

Stretches out the fast passes nicely. Who knew there was a benefit from children 😂
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Didgey View Post
Stretches out the fast passes nicely. Who knew there was a benefit from children 😂

I do feel a bit cheeky being able to cash in on such a perk... but then I will be navigating WDW with a 23 month old... I think I deserve some bonuses!
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Dolphin9511
Very Serious Dibber

Just so I’m clear, if I had a Fastpass for Everest and then did rider switch, my other half could then ride with that and not also need a Fastpass ?

Also does the child with you need to be under a certain age to be able to do this ?
Dolphin9511 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post
Just so I’m clear, if I had a Fastpass for Everest and then did rider switch, my other half could then ride with that and not also need a Fastpass ?

Also does the child with you need to be under a certain age to be able to do this ?
That seems to be the case... so you could have a FP for Everest, your OH could have a FP for Dinosaur and then using rider switch you would both be able to ride both.

I'm not sure about restrictions on a child's age... hopefully someone can come along and help with that!
Old 1 Aug 19, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Didgey
Serious Dibber

I do feel a bit cheeky being able to cash in on such a perk... but then I will be navigating WDW with a 23 month old... I think I deserve some bonuses!
Haha indeed!

We are doing it in May with an 11 month old. Previously did it with 6 month old which was easy, just hope wee man doesnt find his feet at 11 months 😂

Originally Posted by Dolphin9511 View Post

No age just not of height requirement for the ride.
Didgey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List