Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 Aug 19, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tspill View Post
These look good. Might give them a go next time. Though my OH tells me I already have too many pairs of SGs.
Really, its not a thing having too many sunnys.
Old 28 Aug 19, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
Worth remembering that Luxottica also own Ray-Ban.
They also own Sunglass Hut and all of the premium brands they sell!

Ive been considerign a new pair of sunglasses for a few months and have had just 3 pairs of sunglasses over the last 18 years, all of those being Oakleys. My impression of them now is more as a fashion brand than technical eyewear as they used to be.

Last year I bought a spare pair or bloc glasss to leave in SWMBO's car from the ferry while on a day trip to france and these are just well made and appear to have just as good lenses as my current Oakleys at just a fraction of the price (I think the blocs were £40 vs £120+ for the Oakleys)
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

I have a pair I bought in the Nautica store at the Premier Outlets two years ago and found them to be surprisingly
perfect for me. Lightweight, non slip and perfect tint. I also look adorable in them.

Edited at 12:48 PM.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

on a luxottica note, the episode of adam ruins everything is worth a watch

personally, i like the polarised glasses i get from the fishing section at walmart. cost around $20 and usually lasts me a few years...
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
on a luxottica note, the episode of adam ruins everything is worth a watch

personally, i like the polarised glasses i get from the fishing section at walmart. cost around $20 and usually lasts me a few years...
Excuse the pun, but thats an eye opener, so luxottica also tell the opposition how much they will charge for their glasses, oakley didnt and thats how they got bought out, wow.
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
arabella
Serious Dibber

As someone who can easily lose sunglasses - misplaced 2 pairs on the last trip I would not buy expensive sunglasses
most of the luxury brands are designed and owned by luxottica including ray ban, oakley, chanel, prada and about another 20 other designer brand names, quotes say they own up to 80% of the glasses industry
and as others have noted pricy with poor quality than you would expect from a designer pair of sunglasses.
my last pair of sunglasses were from boots own in the sale, and a lovely $7.99 pair from walmart I would only spend around £20 tops on a pair. Just ensure that they have the correct UV protection and you like the look of
I do wear prescription sunglasses however they are boots branded and when on offer

2020, couldn't go to go Endless Summer, Universal
arabella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

if you liked that eye opener, you should watch the whole tv show!

loads of it available on the trutv youtube page. the whole (outlet) mall episode is a real eye opener! (most products are made specifically to be sold at the outlets, so the RRP is pretty much a scam)

... ?lis...MEEog5Zju5ihyu
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I have Rayban Aviators bought 8 years ago, still good nick, some Police Naymar Jnr like Ironman (lost them in my pocket on a water slide this year, found them later but lenses a bit scratched), I have some perfect copy Foakleys procured from China for cycling, and I recently bought some Goodr as I wanted to try them. The Goodr at £25 whilst not having super clear lenses were my favorite, and even the guy at Hard Rock said they were cool. Then the plastic peeled off and the blue lenses rubbed off! Seemed the pool water had somehow interacted with them. I’ve complained and they are sending me another pair. If this didn’t happen I’d just buy Goodr now as they are also running glasses. I like the look of these Maui ones though, never heard of them before. Some look like Goodr but no doubt very superior in quality.
Old 28 Aug 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
buddog
Helping Minnie

Mobile

Costas are fantastic ,my other half has a couple of pairs of their Permits , they are great for fishing .We are both fans of Maui Jims too , I have had a pair over 15 years ,their customer service over here it brilliant .
buddog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 19, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
if you liked that eye opener, you should watch the whole tv show!

loads of it available on the trutv youtube page. the whole (outlet) mall episode is a real eye opener! (most products are made specifically to be sold at the outlets, so the RRP is pretty much a scam)

.. ?list=PLZxWJ6CTr63Z4OYR3gdMEEog5Zju5ihyu
Like a lot of the michael Kors ,coach and Kate spade bags at the outlets .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List