Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 15 Oct 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I had this too with my first pregnancy. On waking I’d sit up in bed and very slowly eat a ginger biscuit. That helped quite a lot. Then I’d eat very little but quite often. To manage at work I took to carrying a paper bag around with me and finding hidden places to stop and breathe into it as that helped me manage it too. Hope it passes soon. It’s vile but think of the prize 💜
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:13 PM  
Link to this Post
not2old4disney
slightly serious Dibber

I suffered with hyperemsis gravidarum in my first pregnancy, it is truly horrendous and I sympathise with anyone that experiences anything like it!

I hate to say this (and it probably is the last thing you want to hear) but I didn't find anything that helped and it lasted up until DS1 arrived - I spent most of my pregnancy hospitalised as a result of it and then ds1 arrived prematurely (don't know is there was a link there or totally unrelated) but one good thing was that I didn't suffer in the same way in my 2nd or 3rd pregnancies. I really hope you start to feel better soon!
not2old4disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 19, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jemett
Imagineer

Mobile

My daughter is 8 months pregnant and has suffered from hyperemesis since week 5 of pregnancy, been hospitalised because of it and has been on ondansteron since about week 14, tried other anti sickness but they did nothing. If you do have hyperemesis nothing will help apart from anti sickness tablets and trying to keep hydrated which is obviously very difficult if you can’t keep anything down, hence the hospital admissions. Sorry not much help.

EMMA
jemett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I got reflexology sessions as part of a trial on using complementary therapies in antenatal care. I definitely believe it helped.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 02:11 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

I totally sympathise as had it will all of mine
like the other have said try to eat little and often as while its the last thing you feel like doing not eating can actually make the nausea worse.

One thing worth trying is to have a small snack before you get out of bed in the morning even if its just a plain biscuit/cracker

bland foods are recommended but some people find that stronger/spicier foods actually work better. Its trail and error to find what works best for you. For me salt & vinegar mccoys, lemon drops and mash potato were the main things that I could keep down not the healthiest but on really bad days they were better than nothing.Oh I also chewed copious amounts of peppermint gum.
It may be worth keeping a food diary for a few days and see how different foods make you feel and if there are any patterns, I found that anything dairy made me really bad for the first 6 months and milk/yougart made me vomit without fail.

You could try travel sickness bands some people do find they help
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 04:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Ryles
Imagineer

Mobile

I had terrible sickness up to about week 17, although was having twins. I tried acupuncture which did help. I also found never allowing myself to actually get hungry helped. So I just used to eat little and often. I could only really stomach bread and not much else. I feel for you though! My whole pregnancy felt like a continuous hangover. It wasn’t nice!
Old 16 Oct 19, 06:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Alllovedisney
slightly serious Dibber

If the sickness is stopping you from doing day to day activities, I woukd be speaking to your Dr to get a new anti sickness prescribed.

I had hyperemsis (very strangely as I only had it with one of my four) and it should not be classed in the same realm as morning sickness.

Ginger, crackers etc may work for morning sickness but for hyperemeis often only hospitalisation can make a difference. I spent 4 weeks in bed before my midwife came round and carted me off to hospital where I spent another week on drips (I was very badly dehydrated).

They changed my anti sickness tablets and for me, within about 4hrs I didn’t feel sick, well, I did, but I was able to move and talk! Before that I would have accepted a termination if anyone had offered it to me. It affects you mental health so very much. The meds they changed me to was ondansetron. I was told by the nurse who gave me my first dose (I seem to remember it being put in my drip) that it wasn’t given routinely for hyperemesis because of the cost. I don’t know how true that is but it was a game changer for me.

Good luck, and focus on that baby at the end of it xxxxx
DLP (offsite) Sep 1998 WDW (offsite) Nov 2002 DLP (DCR) Jan 2005 DLP (DCR) Nov 2009 DLP (SF) Oct 2010 DLP (DLH) Feb 2013 St Petes & WDW (SSR) Sep/Aug 2016 DLP (DCR) Sep 2017 DLP (offsite Explorers) Dec 2017 DLP (DCR) May 2018 DLP (DCR) Sep 2018 DLP (HC for Disney Performing Arts) July 2019.
Alllovedisney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 19, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
globedust
slightly serious Dibber

No real advice but just wanted to send sympathies. I am 24 weeks pregnant and spent the first 20ish weeks throwing up. I lost 8kg overall with it. Nothing much helped tbh. I was like you on the internet searching, asking around everyone I could think of, etc. I found it makes you feel very isolated, as its like a rollercoaster you can't get off and for a lot of people, you just get the comments like 'its just morning sickness, loads of people get it', which absolutely helps no one. Its horrible but hopefully it will die down a bit for you and the medication may keep it in check xxx
globedust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

Thanks everyone for all the replies. I'll continue to keep my fingers crossed that things settle down soon and I'm sure it'll all have been worth it when I finally have my wee bundle in my arms!
Old 18 Oct 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jakey Neverland
Imagineer

Ginger biscuits, grazing all day and anti sickness bands helped me. I think the key was the grazing I used to have someone next to the bed and as soon as I woke I ate.