Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Jan 20, 07:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hope everyone is feeling better soon.

I'm finally starting to feel somewhere near normal after 6/7 weeks just need some energy now.
I've hardly coughed the last couple of days and the cattarh seems to have more or less cleared up.

I'm also eating healthier food now as the only things that appealed to me were things like sausage rolls crisps and shop bought sandwiches.
I even struggled with my Christmas dinner and felt so guilty as our DS and DDIL had put so much effort into making it.

Fingers crossed I don't pick anything else up anytime soon.
Old 4 Jan 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post

This is all sounding horrendous to me , that you’ve all had it so long.
I’ve been in bed for 4 days now and I’m just getting more symptoms . Dd goes back to school Tuesday and if I don’t feel any better I’ll really struggle to get her there and back and dh will be at work .
Even just replying to texts /posts are exhausting me.
Just realised how dramatic I sound 😆

Edited at 11:23 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 06:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by FizzyWhip View Post
This is all sounding horrendous to me , that you’ve all had it so long.
I’ve been in bed for 4 days now and I’m just getting more symptoms . Dd goes back to school Tuesday and if I don’t feel any better I’ll really struggle to get her there and back and dh will be at work .
Even just replying to texts /posts are exhausting me.
Just realised how dramatic I sound 😆
No, you are not being dramatic FW, this is a bloody awful virus and I hope you can pull out of it asap.

Woke this morning after my first decent nights sleep since I became ill one week feeling massively better, I do still have the embarrassing cough and grumbling chest, but hoping the Fl warmth may see me dry up and be back to full fitness in a few days. I just hope it doesn't come back as some are reporting.

Another plus, 7 days in and hubs hasn't [yet] fallen foul of this virus, fingers crossed that he doesn't.
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

So I’ve spent more or less the last four days in bed trying to beat this thing (I’ve had it more or less since the beginning of December with a couple of weeks in the middle where I was more human but still had the croaky voice and cough) - I’ve been really rough again since NYE and despite my best efforts to rest and knock it on its head once and for all, it seems to be getting worse not better!

I’m meant to be back at work on Tuesday after over two weeks off - anyone found any good ways to really get shot of it, as bed rest hasn’t helped me at all!
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Treated myself to a bottle of Ferraglobin liquid which I think has given me an energy boost but still coughing, although not bad as before. 25 days for me now, unbelievable!
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
No, you are not being dramatic FW, this is a bloody awful virus and I hope you can pull out of it asap.

Woke this morning after my first decent nights sleep since I became ill one week feeling massively better, I do still have the embarrassing cough and grumbling chest, but hoping the Fl warmth may see me dry up and be back to full fitness in a few days. I just hope it doesn't come back as some are reporting.

Another plus, 7 days in and hubs hasn't [yet] fallen foul of this virus, fingers crossed that he doesn't.
Thanks Chris , I actually managed to find a good combination of medicine that meant I finally got a good nights sleep too as night nurse alone did nothing .
Glad you did too .
Really hope FL weather helps you,the sun most probably will rather than gloomy grey !
Feel tiny bit better today so may try and venture out for an hour and get some air.
Yes luckily my dh only has a cough and dd seems ok . Hope it stays that way 🤞🏼
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
kylali
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thought mine had gone a few days ago but today it's back, smothered, sore throat and cough, had it since middle of December. And affecting my stomach too 😫 I am so over it now, just want it gone.
kylali is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
sam_b
Imagineer

14 days in here and I am still tired and have the cough and sneezes. The first week was definitely the worst, but this residual bit is really hanging on ... DH still coughing badly. I cannot believe how much gunk we are producing.
sam_b is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

I've been suffering from this too since the beginning of December. Never had it this bad or for so long before but I was putting that down to the fact I'm pregnant and have a lower immune system than usual anyway. My husband's been the same although his started at the beginning of November but his chest infection developed in to pneumonia and he was also diagnosed with whooping cough. He is asthmatic too so has had an awful time of it including a two week stay in hospital, one of which was in HDU.

Not sure if this will help but on the advice of a doctor, we bought a humidifier which we've had on in the bedroom over night and it has made such a massive difference so we're finally getting a decent nights sleep!
Old 5 Jan 20, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jan
Imagineer

Jan's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
“on the advice of a doctor, we bought a humidifier which we've had on in the bedroom over night”

Thank you so much for that. We will try it if we need to.
Jan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List