Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I cancelled our euro tunnel booking yesterday, we were taking the campervan to europe, so have a voucher that we can use next year. We have a booking for dlp end of aug (was moved from april) 🤞 and road trip booked for Florida in Oct 🤞. If they said that would could travel july/aug I would go to spain or portugal for a few days to celebrate my big birthday 🥳
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We have Madeira booked for the first week in September.
I am beginning to think we may just get there.
We have a lovely Airbnb booked,so don’t have to social distance in a hotel.
We are quite happy with social distancing in bars and restaurants,although I may have some reservations about the flight,but would feel better if we had to wear face coverings whilst on board.
Tracy x
We certainly like the same places. We have Mexico booked for October but are considering changing it for an European destination as long haul or Mexico doesn’t appeal that soon. DH actually mentioned Madeira last night so it’s one of the places we are going to look at on the weekend 😀

I wouldn’t feel comfortable travelling soon, we cancelled our Athens trip in July but I feel Europe by September or October would be good. I’m going to choose a small resort, possibly island based to reduce risk.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
captain-codeye
Imagineer

captain-codeye's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have October booked in Gran Canaria, I’m quite hopeful.

If we do anything before then it will just be a few days in Christchurch Dorset, I’m happy to wait until October to venture abroad.
captain-codeye is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
We have a holiday to Puerto Rico in the middle of July, booked since last year & after having one holiday back in March cancelled we were at one time really hoping this one would go ahead but I don’t think it’s going to happen one bit now, maybe later in summer but I think middle of July is a bit early for holidays there to resume, I wouldn’t really want to go now if there were too many restrictions anyway like wearing masks & the resort possibly not fully open, price depending we might go away in the UK for a few days in October & wait till next year for abroad

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

cant see us going anywhere

currently trying to shift our august florida trip to next year.. cant see anywhere this summer being anything other than a stressful pita ie/ not a holiday

will keep our ££ for 2021
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Thinking more about supporting the UK hospitality Industry this year and doing something in the UK.
I posted earlier in the week about looking for a UK short break/holiday - some of the prices are eye watering so on that basis as much as we'd love to we wont be supporting the UK hotel industry.

We will eat and drink out locally when we are allowed.

We also have a weeks leave booked for September and are hopeful of a week away and fingers tightly crossed that our cruise at the end of October goes ahead too!
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
magickate
Imagineer

Mobile

We're another family that would like to support the UK economy but it's so expensive.
We're hoping to get some camping nights in and that's about it.
Admittedly I've spent alot of time looking for a week somewhere like gran canaria or lanzarote late August but have talked myself out if it. Too many uncertainties and I hate the idea of masks on planes.
magickate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:28 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tracy99 View Post
We have Madeira booked for the first week in September.
I am beginning to think we may just get there.
We have a lovely Airbnb booked,so don’t have to social distance in a hotel.
We are quite happy with social distancing in bars and restaurants,although I may have some reservations about the flight,but would feel better if we had to wear face coverings whilst on board.
Tracy x
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We certainly like the same places. We have Mexico booked for October but are considering changing it for an European destination as long haul or Mexico doesn’t appeal that soon. DH actually mentioned Madeira last night so it’s one of the places we are going to look at on the weekend 😀

I wouldn’t feel comfortable travelling soon, we cancelled our Athens trip in July but I feel Europe by September or October would be good. I’m going to choose a small resort, possibly island based to reduce risk.
Snap, our upcoming holiday to Madeira is July 3rd. I really hope they will cancel this. As much as we love the place , and don’t fancy a full plane of old dears, all masked up, then endure temp check, Covid check on arrival, followed by 14 days quarantine.
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I have my two weeks booked where we were meant to be going to Florida at the end of September. I'm cancelling Florida, but hopeful of getting away somewhere. It will be actually quite exciting booking a last minute trip. I have loads of places I want to visit, so I'm sure I can find somewhere to go x
Old 5 Jun 20, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 400ixl View Post
Thinking more about supporting the UK hospitality Industry this year and doing something in the UK.
1000s of people work in the holiday industry too, so whether you holiday here or abroad you're supporting jobs in the uk.