Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jun 20, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
I’m sorry but I find it unlikely that he’s been offered 35% off when no one else has heard anything from Disney and multiple people have contacted them and been told nothing.

Ive seen the email he received, if it was sent in error he'll soon find out. Im due to go 2 weeks later, 24th sept, and I have received an email from Disney just asking me to be patient and not call them, and that they will contact me asap to advise options. I assume everyone booked directly with them has also received this.
Old 6 Jun 20, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
Ive seen the email he received, if it was sent in error he'll soon find out. Im due to go 2 weeks later, 24th sept, and I have received an email from Disney just asking me to be patient and not call them, and that they will contact me asap to advise options. I assume everyone booked directly with them has also received this.
Then I would double check if he booked with Disney US. No one else has reported being offered 35% off, we’ve only received the initial email.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Bear
VIP Dibber

But we haven’t been offered 35% off. I honestly don’t think we’ll be offered anything other than cancelling or moving without losing the deposit. I really hope I’m wrong though!
Oh I know we have been offered nothing and likely to get not be offer cancel with full refund - I was just looking to see if we got the same offer would it be something I could afford to take.
Disney Bear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Then I would double check if he booked with Disney US. No one else has reported being offered 35% off, we’ve only received the initial email.
He booked with disney uk, does every year as do I, I dont understand why I keep being challenged about this. As i've already said if he was sent it in error he will take it up with Disney. Sorry I started this post now.
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Disney Bear View Post
Oh I know we have been offered nothing and likely to get not be offer cancel with full refund - I was just looking to see if we got the same offer would it be something I could afford to take.
When it was first announced that the offer was 35% off I priced up a whole load of resorts for next year and my sister and I got excited about the different resorts we could stay at. It lasted as long as it took to find out it was US guests. Now I’m annoyed because we have no idea if we’ll get anything at all and I wish I hadn’t priced up those resorts.

Sorry, I know I rambled a bit there but my point is you’ll just disappoint yourself if you decide you can afford a certain resort only to find out you’ll only get to move without penalty .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
He booked with disney uk, does every year as do I, I dont understand why I keep being challenged about this. As i've already said if he was sent it in error he will take it up with Disney. Sorry I started this post now.
Because if he has been offered 35% off it’s infuriating for everyone else who has been offered nothing. And in my experience when something goes against the norm we usually find out later there was a misunderstanding.

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:25 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Not looking to challenge you at all but I’m due to go on the 10/9 too and I haven’t heard anything from WDTC-UK as yet. I also haven’t had an email asking me not to contact them, unless you’re meaning the cancelled meal emails?
Can I ask did you or your son’s friends book flights too? Just wondering if I’ve missed something and maybe need to contact them.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by WeHeartOrlando View Post
Not looking to challenge you at all but I’m due to go on the 10/9 too and I haven’t heard anything from WDTC-UK as yet. I also haven’t had an email asking me not to contact them, unless you’re meaning the cancelled meal emails?
Can I ask did you or your son’s friends book flights too? Just wondering if I’ve missed something and maybe need to contact them.
An email was sent out last Friday basically saying dining plans were cancelled but not to contact them as they’d be in touch. Unfortunately we’ve heard nothing since.

Trip Report Index
Old 6 Jun 20, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

An email was sent out last Friday basically saying dining plans were cancelled but not to contact them as they’d be in touch. Unfortunately we’ve heard nothing since.
Ah ok. Yes I’ve had that one. Thought it might’ve meant a more recent one. Thanks!
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 20, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Traceyt not disputing the e-mail but the reason I was after clarification is like many others replying to you, I've heard Hee-Haw to coin a Scottish phrase Like the rest of us, you included I'm assuming, we are all sat with a holiday we neither want to go on or want full stop but until Disney get their fingers out we are all basically in stasis Flights for our dates, next May, have opened up & another 2 weeks I can modify our DVC dates, if we haven't heard anything by then, then we're moving offsite! 9 Nights - POFQ = £2145 Vistana = £867( 1 bed with full kitchen & washer dryer versus 2 Queen beds & a coffee maker if they bring them back !)
Also today contacted Universal about extending our AP
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List