Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Jun 20, 02:05 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Nope not an option at the moment.
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Ritz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I requested a call back at 9.30 this morning and just called back now.
Ritz is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by soarin5505 View Post
I'm seeing on FB groups that you can't book DDP over the phone. Has anyone managed to pay for it next year?
That was my experience I think they've been told they can't add it at the moment. I would hope DDP would be back next year, but I suppose they aren't chancing it. They told me if DDP is available again next year I will be able to add it on up to 7 days before we go.
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDose
Serious Dibber

Am I the only one who is angered by this whole debacle?

This ultimatum by Disney UK to effectively get us sign a disclaimer or lose our holiday is outrageous. Instead of looking after their guests, by offering other perks to compensate for the loss of attractions/events, they decide to bulldoze people into this.

Like many others, we have a 2 week resort/ticket package and as we all know, the tickets alone cost over £400 each per adult. Now we learn that our tickets will only entitle us to apply for park entry in a new reservation system, and even then we're not guaranteed to get into the parks.

In addition, Park Hopping is no longer allowed and the water parks are closed indefinitely. Tell me, what exactly are we paying for then, when most of the value is stripped away like this?

Sure you can rebook for next year, but prices for the same resort/same room are £400 more expensive because... reasons! Boy has Bob Chapek stooped to a new low on this one. We're expected to still pay full price for a whole lot less and just suck it up by 'disclaiming' Disney's responsibilities to us.

This is not the way to treat loyal Disney fans. They should be working with us, not backing us up into a corner by saying "sign it, or else"
DisneyDose is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

Through and on with them now, update to follow
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

Originally Posted by DisneyDose View Post
Am I the only one who is angered by this whole debacle?

This ultimatum by Disney UK to effectively get us sign a disclaimer or lose our holiday is outrageous. Instead of looking after their guests, by offering other perks to compensate for the loss of attractions/events, they decide to bulldoze people into this.

Like many others, we have a 2 week resort/ticket package and as we all know, the tickets alone cost over £400 each per adult. Now we learn that our tickets will only entitle us to apply for park entry in a new reservation system, and even then we're not guaranteed to get into the parks.

In addition, Park Hopping is no longer allowed and the water parks are closed indefinitely. Tell me, what exactly are we paying for then, when most of the value is stripped away like this?

Sure you can rebook for next year, but prices for the same resort/same room are £400 more expensive because... reasons! Boy has Bob Chapek stooped to a new low on this one. We're expected to still pay full price for a whole lot less and just suck it up by 'disclaiming' Disney's responsibilities to us.

This is not the way to treat loyal Disney fans. They should be working with us, not backing us up into a corner by saying "sign it, or else"
In a way I’m not happy with this situation but then again it’s not Disney’s fault corona happened. I think the point is they want to make people cancel or move, and if everyone moved to next year there would be too many people in the parks, so they have to make people cancel and consider 2022 instead. The 2021 prices are ridiculous but this was decided well before corona happened so it’s not like they are capitalising on it.

Let’s face it they’ve lost millions and can’t just give away holidays to people, the 35% off isn’t terrible and yeah the park tickets become overpriced when you consider all of that but if you’re going for over 7 days you’re getting days for “free” anyway.

It’s a sticky situation and considering how many people flock to Disney each year I don’t envy anyone in a position who decided on these things.
March 21 - DLP
September 21 - WDW
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
traceyt
Imagineer

Plus you have the option to cancel with a full refund, not much more they can do to be fair.
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
WeHeartOrlando
slightly serious Dibber

4 hours and 7 minutes later haha!

So basically modifications of resort or duration aren't possible at the moment but will be opened up again once this initial cancellation of dining plans issue is dealt with. She said "it will definitely be possible to amend" before my dates in September.

If I modify (keep 2020 booking but amend) I can keep the 35% discount and gift card.

T&Cs will revert back to the usual cancellation prior to 8 days equals loss of deposit only.

I also changed my youngest's ticket to an adult one for access to bigger meals on QSDP a while back. I asked about amending that back to child's ticket. Again can't be done right now but will be possible later on.

If we moved to next year we could keep $300 gift card but wouldn't get discount.
Also as I've paid over and above the basic deposit amount I could carry over basic deposit and get additional payments refunded.

I think we're going to accept the changes and wait and see if the amendment is possible later on to reduce from 10 nights to 5. If not then we'll either cancel or move the booking to next year depending on what Disney are saying re keeping gift cards etc at that point.
Cabana Bay: Sep 2019 Oct 2023
DLP: Oct 05 Sep 13 Feb 14 July 19

Edited at 02:38 PM.
WeHeartOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Perthite
Very Serious Dibber

The Disney package I booked for this year (AKL with DDP and tickets) is £6,084. Same thing for same dates next year is currently £11,326. That’s an increase of 86%.
Perthite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkelsa82
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Originally Posted by traceyt View Post
4hrs 10 mins later changed to next year and kept $300 gift card 😁
Are you staying in the same resort you were already booked in? We want to move ours but want to move resorts but wondering/hoping we can keep the gift card.
tinkelsa82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List