Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 29 Aug 20, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by silverfox46 View Post

Don’t know about today’s prices ,
but Mickey $17.95 Minnie $15. Guess that was quite a bit mid eighties
Definitely. I remember it being a big thing that mum bought them. Like she was really splashing out.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 09:37 AM  
Link to this Post
loubyloulou
Excited about Disney

I love these. We have Disney Xmas tree decks from the nineties.
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
My dad passed away recently so my daughter now has a Disney Mickey Mouse tea pot, I also found two cards my dad had kept from when you could travel with the driver on the monorail as well as two boarding passes for the plane , all from the mid 90s
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lisbon View Post
My dad passed away recently so my daughter now has a Disney Mickey Mouse tea pot, I also found two cards my dad had kept from when you could travel with the driver on the monorail as well as two boarding passes for the plane , all from the mid 90s
Rob
Rob, I love this. So lovely to come across things which hold such great memories
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Yes it was, my mum had been to Florida once with us before and my Dad stayed at home to look after the dog.
When he was finally able to come he wasn't very enthusiastic until we landed and saw the car we had booked - a Chrysler Concorde ( I also found a photo of him with the car ) .
He said it was the best holiday he ever had and to find the cards etc was fantastic - I have now given them to my chidren.
The teapot had been on top of their kitchen cupboard for years so it's now lovely to see it in my daughters kitchen " alive " once more
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Aug 20, 03:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicky Mouse 2
Proud to wear my Ears

I bought the same minnie ornament from a charity shop about 3 years ago for £5. I could never find any information about it. Didnt realise it was from the 90's. Nice to finally have a little info about it
Nicky Mouse 2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

in 1995 we bought an ornament of the castle, designed by Mcfraser, he was there signing the bottom of the ornament. It was $25 which i thought expensive at the time. Its a bit like those model houses that were all the rage. But he said he only did models of castles and historic places. Still in my cabinet.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
She's also musical!
Even better.
Snow White is one of my favourite Disney films.
A couple of years ago I bought a set of Storybook Snow White and the seven dwarves tree ornaments from EBay the postage cost more than the ornaments but I think they were worth it.

Not a very good photo sorry.
Old 31 Aug 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

Originally Posted by loubyloulou View Post
I love these. We have Disney Xmas tree decks from the nineties.
So have we. Bought from 1993 onwards. I have a monorail tree decoration that my Mum bought me. It has two buttons, one lights the train up and the other button says "Welcome aboard. On behalf of the cast of Walt Disney World we'd like to wish you a happy holiday season". Just love it and it has pride of place on my tree. More special as my Mum is no longer with us.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List