Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 4 Oct 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Villa owners, thinking of you, hows things?

I posted a similar post about three months ago and I dont believe back then I thought we would still be locked out of the US now,maybe I'm naive.

I have been thinking about you guys and how you are managing you US homes and whether you are able to let at the moment.

So, I am thinking of you and hoping for a speedy return. I hope all is well with you guys and the young hasn't got to bad.
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Thank you
We are doing ok although not renting out at the moment we have had a couple of guests our MC had to move from other property one home being sold the other the AC went out with our permission of course
Many vacation homes have been sold in the last few months some owners just feeling it’s the right time to move on to pastures new other a heartbreaking decision
Although Florida is now in phase 3 of opening up and very if any travel restrictions for US citizens the international tourist trade is still very restricted although it is possible
To travel
Our pre Christmas trip is now gone and we’ve booked for 2021 but if after the elections
The borders are open we will go even if it means isolating both ends as we are in a position to do so just need to see the villa is ok ( I know it is due to a great MC team )
Can’t actually believe when we left the villa in March it be as long as this before we returned
Helen
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I think those with mortgages dependant on income from rental must be having a horrible time.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Thank you
We are doing ok although not renting out at the moment we have had a couple of guests our MC had to move from other property one home being sold the other the AC went out with our permission of course
Many vacation homes have been sold in the last few months some owners just feeling it’s the right time to move on to pastures new other a heartbreaking decision
Although Florida is now in phase 3 of opening up and very if any travel restrictions for US citizens the international tourist trade is still very restricted although it is possible
To travel
Our pre Christmas trip is now gone and we’ve booked for 2021 but if after the elections
The borders are open we will go even if it means isolating both ends as we are in a position to do so just need to see the villa is ok ( I know it is due to a great MC team )
Can’t actually believe when we left the villa in March it be as long as this before we returned
Helen
Our last holiday was a Gulf Coast trip over Christmas and New Year. We had a wonderful time and I am so pleased we did as we have been nowhere since which is so unusual for us

I can understand your need to get back and check
munmun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Our last guests left in March and our next ones are due in March 2021. We were last there in January and we would have had an early summer trip which obviously didn't happen. Our November flights haven't been cancelled yet but I can't believe we will be going.

We have pretty well battened down the hatches and turned off everything we safely we can and are riding the storm. House prices are excellent at the moment so I hope this isn't a decision we live to regret!

Edited at 12:38 PM.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
skb 123
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I had noticed the absence since March of a prolific Dibber, Magnificent, who I believe owned 3 properties. There now seems to be no trace of them or their posts. Such a shame, as they always gave sound and useful advice. I hope they are doing ok.
skb 123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 20, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Melvin Pearce
Imagineer

Melvin Pearce's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We are like Helen, was last out in March, left 3 days early and drove to Miami to fly back home as couldn't get out of Orlando.

In July and August we had a cousin of one of our neighbours staying which gave us some money to pay utility bills. Same as Helen we have reduced all the services, TV, hot water and put pool pump and A/C on minimal.

We have a number of guests moved to next year and hope to go ourselves in March, fingers crossed.

As Helen said a number of villa owners are selling but we are keeping our sunshine home.

Lesley and Melvin
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Well our lives were ruined by all this. The hardest decision ever after 16 years was to have to sell our villa. It was our pride and joy, our home from home and I still can’t believe I’ll never walk into it ever again. We were so lucky to have 16 wonderful years as I know someone who is having to sell that only bought last year and has not actually set foot in it yet. We had lots of lovely Dibbers stay with us and had 23 amazing reviews in the rental section. It’s a new way of life for us.
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 20, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
munmun
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Well our lives were ruined by all this. The hardest decision ever after 16 years was to have to sell our villa. It was our pride and joy, our home from home and I still can’t believe I’ll never walk into it ever again. We were so lucky to have 16 wonderful years as I know someone who is having to sell that only bought last year and has not actually set foot in it yet. We had lots of lovely Dibbers stay with us and had 23 amazing reviews in the rental section. It’s a new way of life for us.
I am so sorry to read this, my heart goes out to you, there is nothing I can say to make it any better for you but I and many others will be thinking of you.
Old 5 Oct 20, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Mqt
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Oh I’m so sorry. I always loved your trippies as villa owners.
Mqt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List