Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 13 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PeachyLemons
Excited about Disney

Emailed ATD they have said existing bookings are not automatically updated, but they can quote for the new deal.

Waiting for them to advise if there is an amendment fee for that and if it would affect park reservations
PeachyLemons is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
HansysMum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Very tempted to book with virgin and cancel DLP next May ... will work out the pennies but my flying club deduction and incl tickets/flights and offer at Colorado 2 weeks 2a 2ch is 7047 and DLP was coming in at 2600 for 4 nights. Need to work out if they can put a rollaway bed into the room as kids ages are 10 and 17 opposite gender...

2016 - CBR
2018 - AKL
2021 - Disney Magic
2024 - CBR 🫶 Portofino Bay
2025 -POR Riverside
HansysMum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mandalorian View Post
OK so I just changed my booking. They gave me the same booking dates and people etc,just gave me the new offer of 4 free nights. No amendment fee, and a $200 gift card! Saved about £750ish on the booking and gained the gift card, so about 900 saved total! I'm very happy!
Originally Posted by Smudge 17 View Post
I’ve just phoned Disney and they’ve made a new booking for exactly the same as what I already had booked - 10 AOA, 18th July with 14 day tickets.
They have transferred my £200 deposit to the new booking, I’ve saved £168 and got a free $200 gift card on top
Originally Posted by lemmiwinkles View Post
Same here! Expected to lose £50 for the amendment but didn’t. £600 saved plus a $200 gift card. Chuffed!
Are you guys getting an extra $200 gift card on top of the ones they moved over from the original bookings?

So if I already have a gift card will I get another one iukwim?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mandalorian
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Are you guys getting an extra $200 gift card on top of the ones they moved over from the original bookings?

Kat
Hmm I'm not sure. Worth an ask! I didn't have one on my original booking (I don't think) so its a bonus to me
Mandalorian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Manc1979
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

CSR is now coming in cheaper than AOA little mermaid room for my stay...anyone stayed there is it worth changing too ?
Manc1979 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by jemrock View Post
Just to say that I know it says that in the exclusions but the website is letting you book the standard rooms on the deal - I've just done it and it states the gift card etc on my confirmation email so seems to have gone through okay.
Yay! Thanks for posting this, you're right the 5th sleeper standards at CBR are included in the offer.

Just called WDTC and amended my booking saving me nearly £800 for the same room and dates I had rescheduled to!
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
CSR is now coming in cheaper than AOA little mermaid room for my stay...anyone stayed there is it worth changing too ?
We stayed there last year and it’s a lovely resort. We would switch to it but Mums got her heart set on the Dolphin.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Stayed there in January. It was lovely!
aprilshack is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post

Kat
No, she said she couldn't combine the $200 gift card I already had with the new booking $200 gift card, but she did seem to think I might be eligible for an aditional $100 gift card - don't know why. She said she couldn't guarantee but she would put in a request and if it's granted it will show on one of my invoices - I'll let you know.

Anyway happy with my savings right now.

Feels so good to be discussing offers and deals again
Firekat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Oct 20, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
TinksandFlynn
Excited about Disney

So after a lot of deliberation we have moved our POR booking to the yacht club. We have always wanted to stay here. It’s been great doing a bit of planning again. The guy on the phone did say he thinks we will have to redo our park reservations. We will miss POR however we have been lucky enough to go there 6 times so it’s time for a change.
TinksandFlynn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List