Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 19 Jan 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

When does the excitement kick in for you?

I booked our upcoming trip just about a year ago and have bit by bit sorted car parking, airport hotel, park tickets etc.

I've really loved having the dibb countdown (sub 100 days was a big one)!. Today was our 30 day fast pass opening day. The excitement really got me at noon. I mean REALLY!

I was just wondering at what point other people get really excited before their trips?

Edited at 06:34 PM. Reason: Grammer
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
tinytots
Imagineer

I'm mildly excited after I booked and spend the whole year looking forward to it in a state of low level excited nests. I then get super excited when I'm single digits and can pack the suitcases.
Old 19 Jan 18, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs sun
Imagineer

I get excited at just the thought of going ! But do love to look for flights, car, tickets etc.
The huge “BANG” is when I see that plane waiting for us to board ! I even get a little lump in my throat! (Though is a bigger lump coming home)😂😂
Mrs sun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

We booked villa this time last year and flights in July, so it’s seemed like a long time coming! Got really excited New Year’s Day when I realised we go this year!
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I wouldn't say I get really really excited really till I start packing before we go, but when we hit milestones, adrs/fast passes/online check in, I get happy and realise that we still have ages to go lol. The day before I can never sleep as too excited and I'm a total
Pest at the airport lol

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

For us, the excitement mounts from the day that we actually book our flights. As it's cash up front, it is our first move after actually deciding destinations and routing. It is also the point of no return.

We hit a new plateau when we've pack at around 3 weeks out.

We are in a frenzy as we close and lock our front door.

I am speaking for my wife and I. The kids are at best, indifferent. When asked, they reply that they are excited on the inside.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 07:16 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
AlpacaPicnic
Earning More Ears

I'm super excited now just waiting to book in April for next October

We went Oct 17 (booked in 2016) and was so excited when I booked that too, spent weeks looking up everything on here. Then it wore off a bit until we got near the 180 days ADR dates so I spent weeks researching those, then wore off again till near the 60 days FP planning. It didn't wear off at all then

I'm going to Spain this year with my parents, siblings and all our children to a gorgeous villa in Spain. I'm really looking forward to it but the 'excitement' for it isn't the same. I've realised that for me, so much of that feeling is embedded in the planning. I love deciding where we're going to eat/ what we're going to do etc... I'm aware it's not for everyone but it definitely is for me!
AlpacaPicnic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
when your skipping out the door on the last day of work knowing that your going to WDW
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by smythy21 View Post
when your skipping out the door on the last day of work knowing that your going to WDW
Yep I’m with you
Old 19 Jan 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
paulandalison
Imagineer

paulandalison's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
When the cats are dropped off at the Cattey the day before, then we can go home and pack the cases than the nerves and exitment kick in big time, had the villa booked since 2016 so it's been a long time coming 😁
paulandalison is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List