Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Aug 18, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

paying extra on ebay

I have bought something on ebay and because of where we live they want extra postage,this is not a problem I sort of expected it but how do I make the extra payment through paypal can anyone advise me
britishgirl is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:43 PM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

Mobile

I think they can send you another bill with the extra postage added on.
roxie2001 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Aug 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl

thank you,they seem confused as to what to do
britishgirl is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

They should find your email address on the existing transaction and be able to send you an invoice, or vice Versa, their PayPal email address should be on your transaction in which case you could ‘send money’ to them
Old 23 Aug 18, 06:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

They shouldn't be doing that at all. They list the postage costs and that's what you have to pay. Nothing more.
That's they contract they agreed to when listing it for sale

Why are they asking for more money exactly. If you're outside if the UK them the global shipping programme covers any extra costs
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl

we live in the highlands and islands and it is quite often an extra charge,I told them I want the charge for extra posting cost to come via ebay and have not heard back from him since,that was this morning I dont know if I should raise a case with ebay about the extra postage
Old 23 Aug 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Shouldnt cost them any extra. I've sent to there from N.Ireland and it hasn't cost anymore.
I wouldn't be paying that, ha e you had to pay extra any other Time.

Was it auction or buy it now?

At the end of the day they can't change the price after the sale has ended, unless you are buying multiple items and they are combining postage. Other than that you pay the cost that was advertised. Any extra the seller has to pay the difference whether they like it or not.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Aug 18, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
britishgirl

Originally Posted by Irishlass View Post
Shouldnt cost them any extra. I've sent to there from N.Ireland and it hasn't cost anymore.
I wouldn't be paying that, ha e you had to pay extra any other Time.

Was it auction or buy it now?

At the end of the day they can't change the price after the sale has ended, unless you are buying multiple items and they are combining postage. Other than that you pay the cost that was advertised. Any extra the seller has to pay the difference whether they like it or not.
I didnt know that, they just emailed and said there was extra postage charge,it was on a buy it now with free delivery,they said if I dont want to pay extra postage I could cancel the sale but I do want the item and not many ebayers sell it
Old 23 Aug 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

That's so frustrating! We get this all the time too even though we're not even in the Highlands, but it's because we have an IV postcode. It's a total rip off
Old 23 Aug 18, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by britishgirl View Post
I didnt know that, they just emailed and said there was extra postage charge,it was on a buy it now with free delivery,they said if I dont want to pay extra postage I could cancel the sale but I do want the item and not many ebayers sell it
I'd contact eBay regarding that as they really can't do that, it's against the policy.
What is it youre buying? Not being nosey btw) Royal mail's prices cover the Scottish islands. They state tjis on their website. Plus as the seller is ogfering free postage theyll have to suck it up and pay it. They shouldn't have listed it with no restrictions if they're being fussy.